Item J18

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
That fan is cooling down the coolest guy around! Too funny!

5 Likes

Ok I was wondering where you were going with that. You got my attention that is for sure.

Thanks for tonights laugh.

5 Likes

When someone does the Netflix Eric Clapton bio, you should send in a photo with a black strat in your hand. They’d be remiss to not hire you on the spot.

1 Like

Omg. This is GREAT.

I’ve had like the best and the worst day possible, and this just made the scales tip to the “best” side winning! LOL.

I have a necklace fan. Didn’t need it in May, but I’m SO GLAD I have it for August.

5 Likes

:rofl: you are cracking me up!

4 Likes

:grin:
Seriously though, does that little fan offer much cooling effect?

You look cool

1 Like

Unrelated commentary: it is interesting to me that you have an American flag on your wall behind you, and not that of the UK or of England. Discuss.

1 Like

It was clearly an attempt to curry favour (or should that be favor?)

2 Likes

I noticed that, too.

The picture is — of course, as you know — a print of Flag by Jasper Johns, one of my favourite artists. It reflects my lifelong fascination with the US, and remembers my three years living in my adopted home state of New Hampshire.

I have other prints in my home.

This one is by one of my students. She titled it “A Portrait of Englishness”.

4 Likes

I was inspired to buy one by a podcast I listened to. I tried it at home on a hot (by UK standards) day and it was of limited efficacy. Though when it caught a patch of cool air, it was like opening the fridge door and standing in front of it.

My hopes aren’t high. But it’s small and light and might help out.

2 Likes

Where in NH were you? I grew up in Hudson, across the Merrimac River from Nashua.

Exeter. I taught at PEA.

I’ll bet your students loved you with your British accent…

1 Like

Everyone loves me.

Actually, the British accent thing wasn’t as successful in the North East as I hoped. I think the British are more loved down South. I was the butt of endless hilarious comments about the Revolutionary War.

Of course everyone loves you!

Sorry that you were the butt of jokes about the Revolutionary War. That’s just mean. :crying_cat_face:

Meh. I just said “Vietnam” and that shut the discussion down. That was a dumb move on your part. (And not the only one. Ahem. Love you.)

4 Likes

Jokes I can deal with, try and touch my tea and recreate Boston (this may or may not have been attempted) then we will have an issue

5 Likes