It’s Starting to Feel Real!

It’s not they’re too mean, it’s something to do with shipping things with RFID chips in them internationally.

Quite what the problem is, I don’t know though. I have tried to find out, without success. Although I think it’s to do with privacy concerns. It’s that GDPR stuff, yet again! :tired_face:

1 Like

I doubt it’s got anything to do with the RFID chips. RFID technology is used a lot in shipping, so chips are constantly crossing borders with no issues. Definitely not GDPR since the shipping policy predates this (not sure if you said this tongue in cheek or not). The most likely explanation is that shipping internationally would require a lot of contracts with various shipping companies, and it’s probably simply not worth the hassle. As it is, they have one contract with one domestic provider who more than likely gives them a very good deal…

Maybe.

But as I’ve said before, if I go and shop online on the Disney site, I can’t order anything that’s personalised in any way, magic bands, and various other things. It was this “no personalised items” that got me thinking it was some kind of privacy thing. Not necessarily GDPR, but some kind of privacy issue.

The new D23 Membership rules are to do with recurring payments, that Europe have banned. They seem unable or unwilling to do anything about that either.

Why would they allow me to order certain items and not others? In the end my postage charge was twice the value of the order, so I just abandoned it altogether.

When we get new bands, I include the year in the name printed on the back. So mine will read Diane18. That way 1 - I know how old they are and how likely they are to suddenly have battery failure and 2 - I can keep track of which is which on MDE for activation.

6 Likes

That is a really smart idea.

2 Likes