It’s just not funny anymore! Do it already!

For the love of all things Disney….will you just hurry up and announce the new dinning plan options and when they will be reinstated already?!?! I was hoping today would be the day. But NOPE! Maybe I should start a Novena?

3 Likes

Try registering a credit card to your Disney acct. Then use your Magic Band just like you would your Disney Dinning Plan. You will save much more money without buying a Dinning plan.

3 Likes

Or buy gift cards to what you would have spent on the dining plan before plus 10% and use that to pay for dining.

1 Like

I agree with the other posts. Unless you like expensive options at expensive restaurants, I don’t recommend the “old Dining Plan” options. Pay as you go…
If they offer it “free” with a resort stay, it gets more tempting, but sometimes resort discounts are better then free dining.

1 Like

The U.K. packages with dining plans can be good value, since they don’t give us resort discounts.

Or if you plan to do a lot of character meals.

Not sure if either applies to @trish1201_721026.

2 Likes

We have a long list of characters meals that we would like to do:)

2 Likes

@trish1201_721026 we are a dining plan family too

We enjoy it find value in it and can’t wait for that and Tables in wonderland to come back…

Often wonder why people get so opinionated on how others should spend their vacation funds…
Personally I would never rent a Cabana poolside-
But I wouldn’t tell somebody save your money just buy sunscreen

3 Likes

I don’t believe this is directed at saving money one way or the other on a meal plan. It all depends on what you expect to get with or without a meal plan. Meals Plans are directed at locking in money for Disney. Depending on your eating habits you can come out ahead but few do. Most buy the meal plans for convenience knowing full well they are paying extra for a plan that they will never use to it’s fullest. As long as you price it out and are OK with what it has to offer, go for it. On the other hand many are just trying to be helpful by pointing out the good and bad about purchasing or getting a Dinning plan free with your Disney vacation package. Of coarse you are aware that nothing at Disney is free. Disney is there to make as much money as they can from you and yours, so the free plan is far from free and it is just a come on for a more expensive resort packages. If you don’t care about this and want the Dinning plan anyway then who am I to tell you with the funds to pass it up in favor of a different method.

1 Like

The OP never mentioned cost effectiveness one way or another- just that they were hoping for an announcement…

1 Like

I’m anxious for the dining plan to come back too! I haven’t thought it a good idea since I used it in 2008, but for my upcoming trip we have a split stay and had planned to use it strategically.

4 Likes

This is probably true. Most will add on to this to be helpful. If it is not helpful to you just ignore it.

1 Like

I think that they need more restaurants fully staffed and at full capacity before they bring back the dining plan.

The last thing they need is people buying it and then not being able to book anywhere.

The continued pause on the international programmes and recruitment issues means they’re desperately short of CMs. I read that they anticipated 80% of CMs to return - which was pretty much spot on. However Disney expected to be able to hire the extra staff quite quickly, which just hasn’t materialised. And that goes for housekeeping too.

The Visa and travel ban is hitting them hard right now.

3 Likes