Issue with saving Visa card to MDE?

My Disney Visa card recently expired, so I had to update the information on my Disney MDE account. However, when I tried to edit my credit card information, it stated it was invalid. I tried adding a second payment method/card, hoping I could add the updated card as a new card and erase the first one, but I kept getting the error “this card cannot be verified, please try adding another card.” I then erased the expired card entirely and tried adding the new one again, and it kept giving me the same error.
I have tried the MDE app and the full site on a browser on my laptop. I talked to Disney customer service, but the lovely woman on the other end was as baffled as me. Her workaround was to add a fake ADR, but click the option to have the credit card information that I entered saved to my profile as a future form of payment. However, this option never popped up. The fake ADR did go through though, so if I enter my credit card information individually for each ADR, apparently that works.
Disney is sending my issue to IT and they will hopefully get back to me, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue. Any ideas? The irony is that my Visa is a Disney Visa card. It should work, of all places, at Disney.

4 Likes

For most things MDE would save my Disney Visa card, but for ADRs I was having to enter it each time. Annoying but at least the number was saved on my computer so it was just selecting and then entering a couple things and not the entire info. A couple things would never auto-enter correctly - think it was the expiration date I always had to manually enter.

But my issues sound pretty close to yours. I never really tried to track down why and just lived with it. Frankly compared to the repetition of having to manually enter allergy info on EVERY ADR there are definitely worse parts of the ADR experience IMO…

2 Likes

YES! This kept happening to me too.

I think I should just live with it too. I will have the vacation paid off by the time we go (5/27-6/3), so having a credit card saved really only makes sense if I use MB for payment, so no worries.

Any I agree about the allergens, that is very annoying. I don’t know why it doesn’t save that information to your profile so it auto-populates each time you order food or make an ADR. It would be one of those little things that just lets you know they care. I think they call it ‘magic’. :slight_smile:
Thank you for commiserating!

3 Likes

For some reason that has started happening to me to for the ADRs. So very annoying. My card is saved in MDE too. However, when I make ADRs on the app, I don’t have to reenter the number.

Same! If I book ADRs on the app, the info is there. On the website, it acts like they don’t have my info. It’s so annoying!

1 Like

Such a weird system. Sometimes I think the MDE site is so bad it has to be on purpose.

2 Likes

This.

Why? Walt only knows :roll_eyes:

Everything is so arduous on the website. The poor Disney rep was on the phone while I had to log out, then log back in again, and it took nearly 2 minutes for all the glitchy graphics to stop running and allow me to actually go to my profile. But she knew. She knew why it took so long. EVERYONE KNOWS!

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to save the card with the 50th anniversary design I ordered last year to MDE because it came with a CVV that is usually rejected when used online. So that’s awesome. :roll_eyes: I was, however, able to revert back to my old card for our vacation because who knows why. I decided rather than call them about it, I’ll just order a new design again.

1 Like

I had them once charge an OLD card for purchases that I had removed from my profile and which was only used to pay for my room.

1 Like

Sounds about right :woman_facepalming:t2:

I too have a 50th design and this never even occurred to me! I’ll order a new one tomorrow. I’ll update if it works and thank you!

1 Like

Why won’t they just let me give them all my money?! :wink:

1 Like

They still do. They just want you to really work for it. Beg and all…

2 Likes