ISO Memory Maker Share June 2018

I’ve also participated but never led.

I’d be interested in joining as well. My dates are 5/31 to 6/4. I don’t have any experience with a share yet, but I have read up some on it. The only thing that made me nervous was I read about someone in a share accidentally changing someone else’s ADR and they immediately realized and let that family know, but they never did end up getting it back. Makes me think it may have been from them being logged into the lead or dummy account instead of their own, so maybe not sharing the password to the lead account, but sending out the entire photo package of everyone’s pics for them to sort through on their own might be the way to go. Any thoughts? :slight_smile: @CallieA @nahjah07 @m12e31g @Crasstastic

I believe, if memory serves, that there’s a way to guard against that. You have to link your MDE account to the “lead” account, but you can adjust setting to make it so other accounts can’t alter your plans (dining, FP+, etc.). In your Friends settings, I think the default is for Friends to be able to see all of your plans, and you switch it to only shared plans. In the instance you heard about, that probably wasn’t done.

I’m not really sure it’s feasible for one lead member to do the downloading, and send out the photos. For one, there will be hundreds (if not thousands) of photos, so that would be one heck of a file send. The lead won’t be able to tell one family from another (apart from their own), and so would have to send every single photo to every member of the share group. And finally, it would eliminate the ability to do editing (borders, overlays) for anyone but the leader.

But aside from all that, what makes sharing MM work is the linking of MDE accounts. The exposure of someone else being able to see, and edit, your plans stems from that, not who has the password to the lead account.

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense. Anyone volunteer to lead yet? I think none of us has ever done it before

Sorry, I reached out to those who were first interested in the group with an explanation why I disappeared. If someone else is already leading the group, I’d like to join it or I can start a new group.

Cindy

Will someone please explain how MM share works? Can I purchase 1 MM to cover upcoming family trip with separate res. for 3 rooms?

Are all the reservations under your MDE account?

No, all 3 are in different names

You only need 1 MM, then link the other parties to the MM purchaser’s MDE.

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/media/wdpro-assets/my-magic-plus/family-friends/How-to-use-My-Disney-Experience-Family-and-Friends.pdf

I am totally new to MM so I’d be hesitant in leading. I’ll step up if I need to, though. @earlydisney do you mind getting this group started?

Thx!

No one has stepped forward to lead yet, that would be very nice of you if you’re inclined

If Early opts out I wouldn’t mind leading. Either way I def want to join. DH and I leave for WDW tomorrow morning for a week. I’ll be online here at least once a day, and once we get back I’ll be online here throughout the day everyday.

1 Like

@sarahraegraham, are you still interested in leading? I have received a PM from EarlyDisney indicating that she’s going a different way.

Sure. I’ll be back home next weekend and can open the account then. I believe you said you’d been in a share before correct? If so, do they usually communicate on here or do we exchange emails?

Once the group is locked, it usually switches to emails

1 Like

I got early’s email about opting out. I’m still interested in a share if this can get arranged. I’ve never done it so not sure how I feel on leading but can give it a try if necessary

@sarahraegraham had expressed interest in leading earlier, are we good with going forward with that?

That’s fine by me!

Works for me! @sarahraegraham Let me know if you need my email address.