Is Universal over-selling?

Yes they don’t do that anymore.

1 Like

Man I can prove they raise the prices and quickly. Here is the one I purchased on 3/8:
and here is the one I purchased on 3/16…
What a difference 8 days makes in price!

2 Likes

It would cost me the same price for two nights at one of the Universal hotels as it is costing me for 6 nights renting a house.

That ain’t happening.

2 Likes

Math for the win!

We rent rooms at the deluxe hotels every year for the past 3 or 4 years, for 2 day get a way’s. They are never this high.

I was looking at September when they are usually super cheap, and they are double what they usually are.

I am not sure if demand is this high, or if prices will drop as time goes on.

:astonished:

1 Like

June isn’t much better, with only 3 of us June 21st-29th (yes we are hanging for a week) it $5914.51 for the Express Pass. Our reservation at HRH in the kid suite is $6276.61. I can’t imagine a larger family

1 Like

:money_mouth_face::open_mouth:

Staying at Portofino on a Monday night in April for 5 of us. Unlimited EP for both Monday and Tuesday plus Monday lodging is $505 (after taxes). If you think $205 is a good price to stay at a nice resort, then we’re spending $300 on 10 UEPs at $30 per unlimited EP.

3 Likes

Once you get to 4 ppl staying in a room the UXP price “breaks even” by staying at a deluxe. So you’re totally doing it smart!

3 Likes

I’m feeling really good about my HRH rooms for under $300 a night each during weekdays with the AP discount. I would have spent that amount anyway regardless of where we stayed (we are moderate to deluxe people), but this way I get EP.

5 Likes

Yeah, we have five of us at HRH in early May for $280 or so AP rate. Great hotel and a steal for those express passes. Trying to decide if I’ll just buy one seasonal AP or upgrade us all in case we can make it back, with the three months free deal (we are in west coast so it’s a trek).

4 Likes

I live too far away to come back in the next year, so personally I will just be getting one seasonal AP.

You probably know, but I’ve had a few drinks tonight, when you got to Universal for 4 days it is the same as a annual pass

2 Likes

Why would I know that you’ve had a few drinks tonight? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah my family is going only 3 days and any spare time we have the rest of our trip will be at Disney. If money wasn’t an object I might spring for the extra dough. Maybe I’ll get one for my wife in case she and I want to sneak in our last morning to catch Hagrid’s one last time.

LOL… I barely even remember logging on last night! Too many homemade “Fire Whiskeys” from WWOHP last night! (Turns out I went online and made comments on a lot of different sites / social media. - At least I’m not an angry drunk, just a guy who will talk theme parks too much and any time!)

5 Likes

What ticket would i need to buy on Undercover Tourist that converts to the Annual Pass for the most savings? (I hope that made sense lol)

Buy the ticket that has the biggest dollar amount savings. They will use the value of your ticket as the baseline for how much you owe to convert, not how much you paid. So whatever dollar amount savings you achieve on the initial purchase will be your ultimate savings on the AP. It will probably be a multi-day ticket.

1 Like

My four day ticket from UT cost more than just buying the seasonal AP directly from Universal…so it might be cheaper to buy direct.

2 Likes

Yes don’t do that. :joy:

1 Like