IS Toontown Closed?

It appears that Toontown is no more (of course my kids deemed it “too kiddy” when we were there in 2014 and I did not get there :roll_eyes:) being mown down to allow space for the behemoth that is Star Wars Land. Do I have that right? I ask because TP has toontown rides still in the offering as I make plans for September 2018 with “estimated” opening hours and “forecast best guess” at fireworks.

Thanks amazing Disney loving peeps!

Toontown is very much still there! The hours are estimated because Disneyland doesn’t have their operating hours released yet & TP is just using historical data to make an educated guess. Disney will release the hours 6 weeks in advance which will be 3 weeks from this Friday for your dates so once that happens TP will trickle down to get the forecasted & estimated language off.

For Star Wars land, instaed of Toontown they took away the Big Thunder Ranch with an all you can eat BBQ, stage for a show that accompanied dinner, petting zoo with goats, some other space they only opened for seasonal festival things only and the backstage facilities that cared for the goats as well as all the horses pullinng the streetcar on Main St. They also shaved off the back of Tom Sawyer Island & re-routed the river & train track to even more maximize the space. It all looks great but we do miss the ranch especially since it is in the area that will be the path to Star Wars Land not actually the space where any of the rides/restaurant/merchandise shops will be.

1 Like

Ok GOOD! Toontown is BACK ON! Thanks so much!

Same for my family. Big Thunder Ranch was our favorite place to eat and relax on our DLR trips.

1 Like

I am glad they at least gave us warning so we could spend as much time as we could manage in the peace before it closed. It really did feel like a haven back there. But on our last visit I remember feeling at peace with saying goodbye because even though Star Wars land will be something completely different, it will still be a place to make memories with my family, which was a major part of loving the ranch (and really all of Disneyland). :blush:

1 Like

And there was never a line for the bathroom since no one seemed to know it was there.

1 Like

This was the best bathroom in the park, hands down because of this & no automatic flushing. My kids would ask to go back there or wait to tell me they had to go until we got in the area.

1 Like

Yes! This was great on afternoons when the park was busy!

We were too. Funny enough, my Star Wars loving 20 year old sister said “they are closing good things to put in mediocre things.” I was actually surprised. I hadn’t realized how much she liked that area. We grew up in a pretty rural area with ponies on our property. Now we (my sister and I) live in urban areas so we really appreciated these quiet spaces in the park.

1 Like

By no means an expert or regular, 4 trips from 2006-2016, and never even knew it was there.

It was definitely tucked away! I was there once in the 90’s, 5 times in between 2001-2006 and then 2x in 2013 before I discovered it on my family’s first trip as Annual Passholders in July 2014.

1 Like

Toontown is still there, just visited a few weeks ago…and I barely remember big thunder ranch, of course we went back then but only became APs about 2 1/2 years ago, so not as often. never ate there

1 Like