šŸš¢ Is this nuts? Or genius?

I will be super-interested to read it.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t done a transatlantic, but I have done Panama Canal & Hawaii which were both 15 nights on DCL. Even though you are going to the same 3 restaurants they will have lots of specialty menus, so you wonā€™t be eating the same thing each night :rofl:

The transatlantic is a great deal! If I had the extra vacation time I would do it. Itā€™s usually not a full sailing & everyone I know who has done it has nothing but good things to say.

6 Likes

Just something to consider, September is peak hurricane season in the Atlantic. Not trying to be a downer, it sounds like a fantastic trip, just something to keep in mind.

DCL just announced their fall sailings. There is a westbound transatlantic that sails Oct. 20, 2024. But it ends in Ft. Lauderdale, not NY.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disney-wish/news/13jun2023-disney-cruise-line-announces-fall-2024-sailings.htm

1 Like

Thatā€™s super-disappointing

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry. :frowning:

I wonder how theyā€™ll price it. That seems like a much less attractive itinerary.

Though Paul has pointed out that October is Halloween season and it arrives in Florida ā€¦

3 Likes

Yes but he was supposed to get October in Salem, which is much closer to NYC.

1 Like

but no more trips to WDW? :wink: I tease!

Halloween on the High Seas is a fun time to cruise.

1 Like

Are you married to DCL? Why not keep your 3 day and see how you like cruising, and then if you like it you can book the transatlantic for next fall. Pretty much all of the cruiselines reposition their ships in the fall (which is why the crossings are so much cheaper than yours expect such a long trip to be) and a there are usually several that end in NYC (like mine!).

Oh wait, your 3 day is fall 2024. That wonā€™t work. I will say that everything Iā€™ve read about TAs indicates that itineraries change fairly oftenā€¦ it seems if thereā€™s a storm out on the sea that theyā€™ll need to go around then they tend to skip a port (like, they skip Ponta Delgada almost as often as they make it, it seems like) in order to have more time to cover the distance. Also, I wouldnā€™t recommend a cruise with that many sea days for a first time cruiserā€¦ if you do get seasick then thereā€™s just no break for your poor stomach.

6 Likes

He did an MSC last year. Or 2021.

1 Like