Note O17

I found the worse thing was the actual knowledge that no matter how hard I work I won’t get back there for years cos it’s so blasted expensive from Australia. It makes me get depressed at normal life!

2 Likes

We’re planning out next trip. For 2025. And even that will be pushing it!
It’s the flights I tell you!

Honeymooned in 2004, back for anniversary 2005, back with one wee one in 2008. Then the long financial drought. Finally got back in 2015 for one week with two kids. Planning US trip in January.

Kids still talk about that 2015 trip as the best week of their lives. And my husband and youngest came down with food poisoning for 24 hours.

I must admit I have to stay off the boards when we aren’t in WDW planning mode. Love the community, but it makes me sad when I know I have no trip planned.

And most of my friends think I’m a bit obsessed.

5 Likes

I did get depressed when we got back! I bought a candle that smells like a The Beach Club lobby and it actually made me angry to smell it. Now, 4 months later I’m in a better state of mind. It’s like you literally have to detox from the Disney experience. I wouldn’t be surprised if one day we learn they are actually pumping drugs into the air.

9 Likes

I do think it maybe the magic bands. Mine is sitting on top of my dresser here at home and every time I walk by, I wistfully look at it and think “if only I could see you turn green one more time…” By the way, DH thinks I’ve gone mad!

4 Likes

I live in the US and I feel the same way. I keep asking myself, “Where are we going to move if it continues to get worse???”

I’m a teacher and professor, but my specialization is American History… :unamused:

WDW is definitely an escape for us from reality.

9 Likes

Disney has a bounce bacj offer for a reason. Yes it is normal to want to go back most of us here do want to and find whatever excuse we can.

4 Likes

welcome to the crazy train. we won’t tell.

4 Likes

We (my daughter and 7 year old granddaughter and I) went to WDW last year in October. In January, she called me and said, “I want to go again. This year.” We are going in early December and again in May (you know, different seasons and all – good excu…uh, reason). This time we are taking my grandson who will be 5 in December. The place is obsession worthy.

5 Likes

I started craving going back the day I got home!!

3 Likes

You ever remember your first time at WDW. I think I would have liked it less if I had been a kid. Today the world is full of amazing things. Kids just aren’t all that impressed. Me and my wife though grew up when things we take for granted didn’t exist. The first time at WDW was like going to Never, Never Land. Over the years it has become less and less exciting so why do we keep going back? I think because you have to get away from everyday life once and a while. You walk into the MK and look down Main Street and you say to yourself. I’m Home! Let the adventure begin. When your last day comes along and you have to go back to reality, you look at the film playing on the Magical Express that tells you to come back again soon,and you say to Mickey, Yes I will! Are you a little crazy? Maybe, but the kid in all of us beck’ins. For those of you that feel the USA is in uncertain times, your right, but I have lived here all my life. From one President to the next things change and some do not. I believe that would be the case for your country as well. Are they good for us the people? Here again some are and some aren’t. Right now the USA is going through some changes and believe it or not many of the people who live here are saying it’s about time. Our politics have kept things at a standstill for a long time now and Nothing has been getting done. So remember one thing when your thinking of going back to WDW, the Hall of Presidents is going to have a new face and I wonder what he is going to say. God bless you all and your countries as well, and God Bless America, my home sweet home. Oh yes, and God Bless Mickey Mouse and WDW and keep this world at Peace! DocHopper

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve determined when I try to psychoanalyze myself on why I wanted to plan another trip before we had even gotten home from ours this summer! While I know there will never be a “perfect” trip, I have this idea that “I can make it even better!” in some weird competition with myself.

We do have trips to other destinations planned, and we’re not all that close, so it’s hard to justify a frequent travel or hotel expense, so I’m trying to make myself wait until the new Toy Story/Star Wars attractions are open. However, I have to wonder what the water down there must be spiked with! I only had one marketing class in college, but I would love to read a psychological study of WDW’s nefarious schemes to continually reel us back in! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yes. I’m an annual passholder and was there as recently as Thursday. I told my kids, “Pinch me, I can’t believe I’m here!” And we’ve been here many times this year. I’ve been basking in our great WDW memories all weekend and can’t wait to go back.

We understand our blessing or being able to go and try to appreciate it for what it is (awesome!) everytime it we go. It never gets old or commonplace for us. Kudos to all of the cast members who make this magic!

Life is so hard. We work so hard in between our trips. WDW is such a good place to go to forget our troubles for a few hours. It’s nice to be away from the news, be distracted from the Internet, taking WDW selfies, looking at My Disney Experience app instead of the rest of the Internet, spending face to face physical time with our loved ones who are with us, meeting up with old friends who are visiting, and forgetting there’s a real world out there for a while.

3 Likes

And I mean, No! Don’t worry about yourself. Yes, this is normal!

We bring the dog. But then we usually camp and live in the US. December we’ll stay at pet friendly Loews Portifino Bay.

I have an AP for Disneyland and I have been once a month, every month, for three years. And everytime I get off the tram to get to the parks, I feel like crying. It is so full of emotions for me and really, a dream came true.

Where do you live?

I live in Georgia, state not country and I am terrified of going to Europe, Asia, and Africa. I think Australia is my only hope of leaving the US. That is why I go to the world showcase.

I live in the UK.

Why are you terrified of going to Europe?

I’m in the UK too and would love to know what you think is scary about Europe in particular. It’s just like the US but smaller!

1 Like

Well why are you scared of coming to America?

This sums it up better then I can:

https://www.google.com/amp/abcnews.go.com/amp/International/terror-uk-timeline-recent-attacks/story%3Fid=47579860

My best friends went in May. They stayed in a hotel very near the manchester bombings. It pretty much ruined their vacation. A lot of wasted money. I’m glad they also weren’t hurt.

I am also concerned with the rapes and crimes being committed by immigrants.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/04/25/migrant-crime-germany-rises-50-per-cent-new-figures-show/amp/

This is just Germany. Sweden is worse. UK is trying to close borders. Hopefully it helps.

I’m not trying to be political. It just struck me odd that you are afraid of America. I am not saying anywhere is safe, but I have always wanted to travel to Europe. Not anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thelocal.fr/20170519/protest-over-no-go-zone-for-women-in-paris-immigrant-district/amp

From here across the pond Europe doesn’t seem like Europe anymore.