Is there anything worse than the 1st day back at work?

A week ago today, I was tying up loose ends at work to head out for a “super long weekend” at DW. Today, I can barely remember my login password. This day (and even the next couple of days) always sucks. I’m always stuck in “well, this time last week, we were doing XXX” mode. We’ve got another trip in January on the horizon, but that seems SO far away right now. We constantly talk about moving closer (we’re in NC), but that seems to be a bit of a pipe dream right now, too. I wish I didn’t do this to myself each time, but it really is like what I imagine Depression being like (not at all trying to make light of Depression…I can just see how it can be paralyzing from doing anything productive).

7 Likes

No. There’s nothing worse. It will get better.

3 Likes

Not necessarily Disney related and not to detract from your woes, but I think the first day back at work after maternity leave is the worst. Everyone wants you to be 100% on your game while also asking you constantly about your new baby whom you miss terribly. It’s rough.

7 Likes

YES AMY!
And you are behind on work and what has been going on there while feeling like you need to be home.
To add to it, each time someone would ask about my baby, my milk would let down…
So yes that was the worst… But back at work after vacation is bad.

6 Likes

We got back 3 weeks ago and won’t be back for 3 years minimum. Coming back is hard but having nothing to look forward to is harder!

5 Likes

Cancer. Cancer is worse.

3 Likes

There IS something worse - 5 years and counting since you’ve experienced a 1st day back at work after a WDW trip.

5 Likes

Only one thing: The closing of the video on dme back to the airport.

1 Like

Okay, okay…there are worse things. Y’all got me. :smiley: But it still sucks! I’m sitting here pricing weekends during Veterans’ Day weekend right now.

3 Likes

Agree there are worse things but it gave me the blues bad! Nice to start planning again :slight_smile:

1 Like

My worst day…

Got to my new school site for classroom set-up day! Found out it was my old room from when I was at that site 10 years ago - and it was the model classroom for the TEACCH set up last year. Walked in to find it TRASHED. Like, it felt like they had dumped all the unwanted stuff in there!

Fortunately my paraprofessionals (I have 2 - one for the class and one is a language para for my boy who speaks Haitian Creole) and I work well together and after making it look worse for a few moments we got it together and spent the afternoon helping other people. Haha!

So it worked out.

2 Likes