Is there another way to modify a reservation?

I need to modify a reservation (literally changing a name for a Droid Build and dropping a name from from a fireworks party) and it’s over an 80 minute wait.

HIRE MORE PEOPLE, DISNEY! :rage: :rage: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I don’t see any option to adjust these reservations in MDE, does anyone know of ANY other way to do this that doesn’t require me losing over an hour on the phone?

I can cancel the reservations, but i can’t modify it seems. They’re on MY credit card, so I don’t understand why I can’t modify them.

2 Likes

I think just rebook and cancel. Yeah you’re out double the funds until your credit hits for the canceled one.

1 Like

Sadly, not a possibility. No availability to do that. It’s modify or cancel all together at this point.

Only other idea i had was risk a “cancel, then book” maneuver but… that’s a little too risky. I have zero faith in the Disney site actually showing real time availability. So I might cancel and then still see “no availability”

one… can you just show up with the different person?

No idea. Probably, but I seemingly need to call anyway for the fireworks one, so might as well take care of both at once

1 Like

When I called last week with Magic Band issues prior to our trip, I was on hold for over an 1.5 hours and had to press ‘2’ every 10 seconds or the system would disconnect me. :confused: :tired_face:

1 Like

:astonished: i am NO WHERE near that dedicated.

1 Like

I was scared that our bands wouldn’t work and was leaving the next day. They need to hire people for the chat feature and more for their phone lines! Or let us modify/cancel easily on our MDE.

1 Like

I’ve had decent luck calling around dinner time. That 5:30-7pm time window. Maybe you could get through the DVC and transfer. DVC has had virtually 0 wait lately.

1 Like

while i’m on a tear: I also am annoyed that I’m hearing (I’m currently on the phone now) advertisments for Candlelight Processional and Mickey’s After Hours.

THAT ALREADY ENDED! Why isn’t this stupid phone message updated already? At least with the CP, they’re saying it’s sold out…

3 Likes

I was already transferred from the “modify reservation” group (which was a nice 10 minute wait). I apparently need to talk to “recreations”… …which is where the 80 minutes comes from.

1 Like

It’s embarrassing how many hours I’ve spent on hold with Disney over the past two weeks, and yes, they need to fix the hold messages! Drove me crazy! Especially because there would be a brief pause before the guy started speaking about CP and I would think someone was answering. Annoying!

2 Likes

Call in the morning at the stroke of 0700. Your wait will be very short.

2 Likes

finally got through…

Supposedly the CM made the changes… but i’m still seeing the guest on the fireworks and the name didn’t change for the droid build.

We’ll see. If this didn’t work, I’ll risk the cancel/rebook play and if it doesn’t work… welp, disney loses out.

1 Like

Changes often take up to 24 hours to appear in your MDE

2 Likes

For the Droid Building, I’d be tempted to ask whether it matters? Presumably it’s someone else in the party who’s going to go, so could you not just swap bands for that time?

The dessert party - yeah you’ll have to call. Try first thing if you can. And since you will need to call I guess you might as well get them to change the Droid booking too.

2 Likes

It really didn’t. Not at all. They cared that there was a reservation that belonged to our party (so I suppose if the one building isn’t on the party then it might matter) and that there was one watcher per builder.

2 Likes

I am not sure which fireworks party you have booked but we loved the pre-party at MK last week. Totally worth the crazy amount we spent on it for six people.

The after party (not as much a fan of the pre-party one). People be dropping out so I just don’t want to be paying for those who aren’t there is all.

2 Likes

Because of Disney’s no-overlapping-ADRs policy, I once had to book a fireworks dessert party using my dog’s MDE.

It was fine. When I checked in, I gave his name and they checked the list and gave me the wristband.

5 Likes