Is the book worth it if I own the Disney one

I own the unofficial guide to disney world 2019.
A good chunk of that book is devoted to universal. Without being able to see it it feels like it contains everything that would be in the unofficial guid to universal.
So would there be any point in geting the one for universal? What am I missing by not geting it?

Are you okay with a fairly general overview, or do you want very in-depth information? The Universal book itself is about half the size of the Disney book, so you can imagine there is a lot of information. I don’t have the Disney one handy, so I can’t tell you the specific differences, but if you want more in-depth information it’s worth at least checking out from the library.

The Uni section in the Disney book is about 60 pages. The Uni book runs to about 400 pages of which about 100 pages are pure Uni. There is usually a deal for buying both books. I didn’t know that the 2019 version was out yet.

It just came out. I pre-ordered it and was told it shipped out as of today hence why I was reminded to come here.

1 Like

That’s great. I will order them now. Thank you.

Just checked aperintly only the Disney 2019 is out universal wont be out till December.

1 Like

The Uni version that I have had sections on Busch Gardens, Seaworld and other attractions.

How many pages are those as that has zero interest to me. And are alot of pages pretty much identical to the Disney world one just names changed. For example I assume the slimed down simplfyed crowed calendar is near identical between the parks.

I have the 2018 Universal guide, and it is entirely Universal with nothing on any other park, but includes information on off-site hotels. Including the index and touring plans, it is 392 pages.

1 Like

I have an earlier version, and it came handy to me when I went for the first time. I don’t buy an updated one every time I go, though.

1 Like

If you like the Disney book, why wouldn’t you realize the value of the Universal book. I use them both all the time. Yeah, money to the authors, it’s all about saving money and doing the most for the least $. But if yo have to spend anywhere, let the guys who are trying to make our lives easier make the money over the park business CEO’s. Yes, i think the Universal unofficial guidelbook is worth it.

1 Like

I buy a new copy of the book like every other year. I buy online membership to both parks touring plans. I defintly support them.
I also support disney as they are the ones building and maintain and running the things we are loving and enjoying. The makers of this book make money so does Disney.
Neather are runing a nonprofit.
Disney funnles a fortune back into the parks always adding new things fixing old things ect. It’s not like they sit back and watch it print money.
If you dont support disney and universal making money stop going. Simple as that. I do not go to places that I do not like what they do with my money.

1 Like