Is rope dropping 7DMT a waste of time?

Mickey was out that early? Is this special?

Great video. Thank you.
I’m feeling empowered! LOL. I just have to make sure my mom eats her Wheaties that morning!

2 Likes

or just wait for the first 20 minute rush to die down… :wink:

1 Like

Quote from my report thread on our RD experience - well worth it! May give some indication of what can be achieved in that first hour.

On the morning of the 21st we got up at 5.30am for a 6am exit from the room, grabbing an MK bus and getting there around 6.40am. Managed to work our way towards the front of the RD pack before the crowd was released into the park, and further towards the front as we approached Fantasyland (no running, just a decent walking pace and careful use of open space).

The original plan was to do Pooh and them PPF, however as we were front and centre by the time we actually got to the FL RD we decided not to miss the opportunity and ended up being numbers 8 and 9 onto 7DMT just after 7am. Seemed fairly tame after Hulk and RRR but still a good ride!

Off 7DMT we were very slightly behind the original plan but with walk-ons at Pooh and PPF we soon caught up. Heading down to TL we had a 5-10m wait for AO, then (although SM was tempting) did BLSRS as a walk-on and then went over to the castle for the 7.55 welcome show.

But this is for EMMH, opening at 7 AM… A 9 AM opening would be different. Even a EMH opening at 8 AM would be different than a 7 AM EMMH opening. I don’t think there will be EMMH when @qwerty6 goes to MK.

4 Likes

I meant getting in line for 7DMT on your MVMCP’s night, a bit before midnight.

1 Like

I can see us doing this. I need to get some packing done today (been doing banking etc., on computer this afternoon) then my goal for today (besides making dinner) it to plan our our MVMCP steps, more or less.

1 Like

I agree in principle - I’d thought the original question was about an 8AM EMH opening on 12th November, which is essentially the same thing, plus the people who can get up for 8AM but not 7AM, but it does appear that isn’t an EMH day, in which case are we discussing being there nearly two hours early for RD?

That seems a bit excessive in my view. I stand by the principle that it should be possible to do 7DMT as a walk on arriving way after that, but agree that the other bits are not going to be possible on a regular opening day. Would still RD 7DMT and then see how PPF was doing, but the maths will be different now, PPF first may indeed make sense! Ideally I’d do MK on a different day entirely if I had access to EMH then - though the party should keep things fairly quiet if anything like the MNSSHP experience.

1 Like

We are an early rising group by nature and getting there at 7AM won’t be difficult. If I knew I could arrive at 7:45AM and still be at the front of the pack, I’d do that, too. But I have no problem being extra-early if it gets us our ride.

I have a FPP for PPF on our MVMCP day in at 4P-7P window.

The only AM EMH for our trip is the morning after our MVMCP, so that won’t work for us, sadly.
November EMH are pretty slight across the board.

1 Like

He & Tink were both doing their meet & greets that early. Maybe it’s only going on right now due to the early hours until Nov 2nd due to the opening of Galaxy’s Edge.
Either way, we had time to meet Mickey, take a Main St photo and still make it to 7D with under a 30 minute wait which is awesome.

1 Like

Do you know the frequency and duration of 7Ds down time? For our family it always seems to have down time-but with that said what “seems to be true” probably isn’t.

Just curious-as listening to the BSOM podcast ride down times are something to consider and use to your advantage.

Haven’t listened to it, but the general method I know is to book an FPP for the closest available timeslot for a “downed” ride (works better when it’s not an ever-popular one!), wait for it to convert to an any time, any ride one, then book another etc.

Anyone know if a 7DMT FPP will convert to an anytime 7DMT FPP? I think the FPPs for other rides will not covert to an anytime 7DMT FPP.

(Sorry to hijack your thread!)

1 Like

Don’t know if someone answered your “which way” question - didn’t see it but sorry if this is double info:

For 7D, take the bridge to the right of the castle. You will walk toward the tea cups and then hang a left to fantasy land. 7D will be one the right. CMs will be directing.

1 Like

Thank you!

Yes, it will!

Well 7DMT on its own isn’t really worth your time. The standby line is nice and the very brief dwarfs animatronics are cool, but it’s too short of a ride without much of a payoff.

It’s my favorite ride.
Truth be told it is the only thing I care about riding there.
I will also enjoy Winnie the Pooh and BTMRR, but I could just sit on a bench the rest of the day while my kids ride rides and see shows.
I do look forward to fireworks when they have them.