Is rope drop dead as a strategy if you do Universal AND Disney thanks to G+

But don’t you have to visit the first park before the second, or can you just switch park reservations as you approach 2pm?

2 Likes

I don’t think that would work. When I was watching P.C. Dev (the YouTuber) walk through his day, he park hopped, so he was booking G+ out for the next park. That part worked. But in some instances, the next available G+ slot it offered him for a rider in the next park was BEFORE the time he was allowed to park hop. I forget the exact details, but he showed on the screen as it did it, and he was offered a time, for example, during the 1:00 hour for his return time even though he couldn’t park hop until 2:00. (In the end, I think he picked a different ride.)

So, unless Disney tweaks that, it suggests that just because you are planning to park hop, it still won’t automatically start offering you G+ returns times beyond next available.

1 Like

I thought that it shows the next available time. But, once you click on it, if it is your park hopping park, it switches to 2pm or later.
I don’t know first-hand.

1 Like

Perhaps…Devon didn’t actually click on the time for me to say if that’s what actually happens.

1 Like

TP have reported that happens.

1 Like

I would say taking a mid day break is advantageous, you can stack Lightning lanes while you are away from the park.

1 Like

Wait. Reported WHAT happens? That it changes the time to 2:00? Or that it DOESN’T? :slight_smile:

That it automatically switches to after 2pm.

1 Like

Okay. That’s cool. Wasn’t sure what you meant at first!

1 Like

I think it will be interesting to see what those planning to do all 4 parks do. so far it seems that they try and stack then at the third park.

I would love if TP tested the two options

Option 1
RD MK start using G+ for MK then roll as many G+ throughout the day, shift to HS and keep trying to use G+ for LL throughout.
Vs
RD MK start stacking G+ at HS do as much of MK with no LL until 13:30 then head to HS with a full stack and continue trying to generate more.

I am actually thinking of doing ETPE at AK and stacking G+ for DHS to hop to later for my January solo trip.

1 Like

im pretty much all in on this for end Dec start of Jan trip.

As far as I can tell, the ones to try and stack at HS are SDD and maybe MFSR? The others seem to be available well into the evenings (so far). If our APRs are for MK and we plan on hopping to HS, I am wondering if we can:

Book SDD at 7am for after 2
Rope drop MK
At 11 (or whenever 120 after park open is), start reserving MK attractions with return times that are soon
Book another at HS when I’ve tapped into the last LL at MK

So can I book at 7am for my hopping park, switch back to my APR park when my window opens again, then switch back to my hopping park?

That made my brain hurt.

Here’s the kicker… that’s the simple option! You can do loads more I think.

Start with - The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here - #400 by Jeff_AZ

So following your example and this start with SDD for 2pm then at 11 book your MK OPTION FOR AS SOON AS POSSIBLE anything is fine… wait till it expires and book another MK one for ASAP then get on the ride within the grace period… as you have tapped now use that to get another lined up at HS then go to your MK ride again let it expire and book another MK ride… tap into it during grace period and get another HS lined up and so on.

2 Likes

Not sure we have the patience (or the graduate degree in quantum physics) to stack using the “last action” method, but it is something we might play around with on our trip. Interested to see if this loophole closes in the future. Seems to me that either way, whether depending on last action or simply churning through attractions that have return times relatively soon, DS9 and I can get a lot done with low waits which is an interesting upgrade option for our party.

1 Like

For them to close the loophole, they would have to make the programming more sophisticated. I don’t see them able to do that. At the moment, there is just triggers that open your ability to get another G+. They are:

• Fully tapping into a ride
  • The end time of a G+ reservation
  • The two-hour timer runs down.

At the moment, those triggers aren’t tied to particular G+ reservations. They are just things that can happen that can allow you to get another G+. For them to close the loophole, they would, for example, have to be aware that when you tapped into your SDD at 3pm, that you’d already made use of the two-hour wait after you made the SDD reservation.

If they eliminated the 15 minute grace period after the window closed, that would lead to unhappy customers. They could fairly easily change the end-time trigger to end-time plus 15 minutes. But, I think they want to be quiet about the grace periods.

So, I think these loopholes will stay and they’ll be insider knowledge like the timing of the FPP same day drops.

2 Likes

agreed at least for lets say the next 12 - 18 months

1 Like