Is MVMCP worth an extra $340?

I really don’t think we will be back at WDW this time of year. Is it really worth an extra $340 for a few hours? Not really interested in the "free: hot cocoa and cookies. What else is there?

Parades, special shows, exclusive character meet and greets etc. There are brochures and stuff on line to help you decide if it’s worth it for your family.

Some people say no, but we love it – so much we are doing it twice this trip. (Son won’t be able to hang until midnight so we are hitting what we miss a second time.)

I am a total cheapskate, rarely pay for extras, but if I have the chance to do a party, I am leaping at it because it’s so unlikely that I would be there during that time. SO, since I have never done it, I am not the best person to give you advice, but everything I have heard is that it’s something that everyone should try once if possible. Then you can decide if it’s something you want to do again and again. For pluses, I hear that on most party nights, ride waits are consistently short. The atmosphere is what makes me want to do it.

Totally depends. We did it last year and enjoyed it, BUT my DD-then-6 fell asleep at 9:45 and couldn’t be woken, so that wasn’t money well spent. But here’s what we got for the money:

– character M&G that was rare – we met the princes with their princesses. Flynn Rider was awesome.
– beautiful parade, viewed twice (check it out on youtube)
– beautiful fireworks (again, check youtube)
– snow on main street
– special party-only snacks – like a yummy gingerbread waffle with ice cream and peppermint sprinkles

If you DON’T want to spend the extra money, you will definitely still see beautiful holiday decorations in the parks during regular hours, and I would recommend Osborne Lights at HS – that’s about as awesome as awesome can get.

I’m trying to decide if we should spend the extra money as well. I’ve never been to a hard ticket event. If we buy a ticket to MVMCP, we can enter the park at 4 p.m., correct?

correct

I have been twice, once in 2009 and again in 2014. I really loved it in 2009, seeing my girls dance at Cosmic Rays was priceless. I loved it The parade was awesome.

When we went in 2014 it had become much more popular, people were packed and it was frustrating. Still loved al the shows just more crowded. People had camped out in front of the castle and was told most did not have MVMCP bands. Irritated me completely.

So is it worth it, definitely. Just try to pick a low crowd day… its a hit or miss.

[quote=“forbesfamily29, post:7, topic:7103, full:true”]
I have been twice, once in 2009 and again in 2014. I really loved it in 2009, seeing my girls dance at Cosmic Rays was priceless. I loved it The parade was awesome.

When we went in 2014 it had become much more popular, people were packed and it was frustrating. Still loved al the shows just more crowded. People had camped out in front of the castle and was told most did not have MVMCP bands. Irritated me completely.

So is it worth it, definitely. Just try to pick a low crowd day… its a hit or miss.
[/quote]lol… that’s good advice, but whichever way the OP went, that decision happened 2 years ago!

I did it on my last trip. Couldn’t get FPP for 7DMT so we rode during the party. Didn’t like the cookies. Can’t screw up apple juice. If you haven’t done before worth trying. Would go back if traveling with someone who hasn’t done it before.