Is Mickey’s Christmas Party only worth it?

To paraphrase: If you give a mouse a Friday, he’s gonna want a Saturday to go with it… :wink:

4 Likes

In summer 2019 I realized that my then heading-into-10th-grade daughter would be starting college work (dual enrollment) in January of her sophomore year. She would be bound by a college schedule for the next 2-6 years! We cut every corner and jumped every hurdle to make it happen and we loved every moment of our dream trip in November 2019.

Four months later we were locked down, rationing toilet paper, and thanking God every day we had gone when we did.

GO! Go when you can!!

3 Likes

Lol! Our schedule won’t allow a Saturday there, unfortunately. If we do the Friday night party we would have to leave Saturday morning to head for home. However, if we go to the Thursday night party we “could” have a bonus Disney day on Friday and then head home Saturday. Ugh-decisions! :rofl:

1 Like

Another thought. If we cut one night at UOR and go to the Thursday night Christmas party, we could then also stay into Friday and maybe do some Christmas resort hopping. Will the resorts be decorated in mid November?

what are you calling mid-november

If you can fit it into your schedule, you should experience it at least once! After all, we are enablers here! :upside_down_face:

We did two MVMCPs in 2019, Tuesday and Thursday, so that we could get it all in! It was going to be our first and, so we thought then, only trip to WDW during the holidays! You don’t go for the short ride lines, necessarily! Tuesday was a mass of humanity and sold out. Thursday was much less crowded (not sold out) but it poured most of the evening so some specials didn’t happen. Things entirely indoors were crowded. Like any other trip, you will need to prioritize what you want to do. We got to do/see some unique things at MVMCP.

For both parties, we were let into MK before 4 pm.

I wrote about our MVMCP experiences for the two nights here: Two Nights of MVMCP Very Different Experiences For First Timers.

2 Likes

So, what I’m hearing you say is we should go to both the Thursday night party AND the Friday night party…:rofl:

3 Likes

The week before Thanksgiving-the week of November 14th

Most if not all should be decorated by then. They’ll want things ready before the Thanksgiving people begin arriving.

2 Likes

Of course! :grin:

1 Like

if you can make it work, do it! i have very fond memories of my one christmas party.

2 Likes

Same comment as OBNurseNH. I’ve toured the holiday decorations at the resorts twice, 2019 and 2021. 2021 was scaled back in comparison to 2019. Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and Boardwalk didn’t do their gingerbread houses.

According to one of my favorite bloggers, Disney Tourist Blog, “By November 4, 2022, you will find that the 3 of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks are either partially or fully decorated and some of the resorts are decorated. If you visit a week after that, you’ll have the same amount of in-park decorations, but now half of the resorts will also be decorated. Another week and the resorts will be totally decorated.”

2 Likes

This is really what I would do :rofl:

2 Likes

Do it! I’m gonna do it for the first time this year too. For me it was like oh they still have tickets and I’ve never done FOTH and I checked what do they call 'em but existing point reservations you can take over…confirmed I think and got a good deal on OKW and thought bonus I can try another slide…so um…I’m going this year too.

3 Likes

Update:this trip is a GO! So excited! DS and I will be staying at Universal’s Surfside for a really low AP rate. Halfway through our trip we will attend MVMCP and stay that night at ASmovies. We’re just going to pack one overnight bag but keep our room at UOR. I know that night is a “throw away” at Surfside, but it beats having to drive back to UOR after midnight or hassle with checking out and then checking back again the next day. We couldn’t extend our trip like I originally planned, so this is the next best option. The whole Disney stay/party/food/merch is covered by left over gift card money from this past summer. So this gives us five days at UOR with a splash of Disney right in the middle. :blush:

19 Likes

Perfect!

1 Like

Yay!! We are on a cruise dec 17-24. The “snow” on main st is pure magic. Since you never fly in the day of the cruise, we are staying at copper creek on the 16th and doing mvmcp that night. You absolutely made the right choice!

2 Likes

Yay! Let us know what you think. You too, @ryan1

2 Likes

Well, I was planning on keeping it all a secret, actually. After all, I don’t really like sharing my opinion about things in general, as you probably could guess… :wink:

4 Likes

I’m excited you could make it work! I’m very much looking forward to it myself.

2 Likes