Is Mickey’s Christmas Party only worth it?

Hi all. I tentatively have a UOR “only” trip scheduled for DS13 and myself in mid November. I was looking at Disney’s website and saw that there is a Christmas Party (not sold out yet) at MK on our last scheduled night at UOR. We’ve never been to Disney at Christmas. Is the Mickey Christmas party worth cutting UOR by one day/night? Right now also we could book a night’s stay at ASMo or ASMu so as not to have to drive back to UOR hotel after midnight.

2 Likes

Yes. 100% yes.

4 Likes

It would depend on what your purpose for going would be. I would evaluate your goals and decide from there.

1 Like

Enabling. I would do it.

3 Likes

My answer: We are going on Dec. 11. :slight_smile: We want to experience it. It may be a one and done for us…we shall see!

1 Like

It was a dream come true to go in 2019.
If it doesn’t mess up too many other pieces of your trip I would see about adding it.

2 Likes

Yes. Do it.

1 Like

With DS starting high school next year, I know it’s not realistic to visit Orlando during the school year including during actual Christmas break after this year. If we’re ever going to go a trip during school it needs to be this year. The UOR trip would be a much needed get away for him and me, and the UOR value hotel rate that week can’t be beat. UOR is supposed to be all decorated for Christmas by the week we would go. The MK Christmas party would be a chance to see part of Disney Christmas which is something I have long wanted to do. I’m checking with school to see what impact missing a week would have on DS’s status in NJHS and qualifications for their “A” team. If everything checks out with school and with a pet sitter, I will present options to DS and see what he prefers as well. I’m just checking to see if the party is “worth” possibly uprooting at the end of our trip and cutting UOR short by one day.

Technically, you wouldn’t have to cut it short by a day, since you can’t get into the park until, I believe, 4 pm. So you could still have part of a day at UOR earlier, and then head over for the party in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Then I say do it

I would probably not do it if your goal was to ride all the rides, necessarily.

As to cutting your time short at UOR, only you can say if Disney Christmas is worth it. For me it’s a no brainer. And as Ryan mentioned you can’t get into the party until 4 anyway so you could have a relatively full day at UOR before moving over to WDW

Yes, you’re right about that. We arrive at UOR on a Sunday evening and planned to check out Friday morning. The Christmas party is Thursday night. There is also a Christmas party that Friday night, but I’m assuming that one might be more crowded than Thursday unless they both end up sold out. I suppose we “could” just tack on an extra night overall and go to Disney that Friday instead of that Thursday. Hmmm….

And I suppose I could mention that if we do the Christmas Party, technically it’s already paid for since we had enough extra money on our Disney gift card from this past summer’s vacation to cover it and also one night at an All Star Resort.

3 Likes

To paraphrase: If you give a mouse a Friday, he’s gonna want a Saturday to go with it… :wink:

4 Likes

In summer 2019 I realized that my then heading-into-10th-grade daughter would be starting college work (dual enrollment) in January of her sophomore year. She would be bound by a college schedule for the next 2-6 years! We cut every corner and jumped every hurdle to make it happen and we loved every moment of our dream trip in November 2019.

Four months later we were locked down, rationing toilet paper, and thanking God every day we had gone when we did.

GO! Go when you can!!

3 Likes

Lol! Our schedule won’t allow a Saturday there, unfortunately. If we do the Friday night party we would have to leave Saturday morning to head for home. However, if we go to the Thursday night party we “could” have a bonus Disney day on Friday and then head home Saturday. Ugh-decisions! :rofl:

1 Like

Another thought. If we cut one night at UOR and go to the Thursday night Christmas party, we could then also stay into Friday and maybe do some Christmas resort hopping. Will the resorts be decorated in mid November?

what are you calling mid-november

If you can fit it into your schedule, you should experience it at least once! After all, we are enablers here! :upside_down_face:

We did two MVMCPs in 2019, Tuesday and Thursday, so that we could get it all in! It was going to be our first and, so we thought then, only trip to WDW during the holidays! You don’t go for the short ride lines, necessarily! Tuesday was a mass of humanity and sold out. Thursday was much less crowded (not sold out) but it poured most of the evening so some specials didn’t happen. Things entirely indoors were crowded. Like any other trip, you will need to prioritize what you want to do. We got to do/see some unique things at MVMCP.

For both parties, we were let into MK before 4 pm.

I wrote about our MVMCP experiences for the two nights here: Two Nights of MVMCP Very Different Experiences For First Timers.

2 Likes

So, what I’m hearing you say is we should go to both the Thursday night party AND the Friday night party…:rofl:

3 Likes

The week before Thanksgiving-the week of November 14th