Is it Risky to Park Hop?

We are planning an upcoming trip to WDW in mid-December. We have tickets to dinner and a Candlelight Processional Dining Package at EPCOT. We plan to spend the morning at the Magic Kingdom, and then park hop to EPCOT after 2:00. EPCOT has an expected crowd rating of 6 on that day. We really don’t want to miss the Candlelight Processional. Is it risky to park hop to EPCOT under these circumstances? (In other words, is there a risk that we won’t be able to gain access to EPCOT in the afternoon?)
Thanks!!!

1 Like

No park has ever closed to hopping except MK for a very brief period of time on 10-1-21 which was the 50th

Unless you’re talking 12/31 you should be fine

3 Likes

Don’t stress about it! You will be fine. It’s a very LOW risk move.

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate the reassurance from a couple of experts!

1 Like

You won’t miss CP if you are in the park for your dining reservations. Parks have had higher numbers of guests, probably r/t the pandemic and rules being lifted.

I see no problem. I hopped 6 out of 8 days and had no issue - in July.

1 Like

We were at EPCOT this most recent New Years Eve and there wasn’t any issues with the crowds.

3 Likes

Even better.

1 Like

The longest lines that evening were for the various world showcase carts selling alcohol

2 Likes

I can’t imagine Epcot ever reaching capacity. Maybe if the entire populations of each of the WS countries suddenly descended on the park at once.

2 Likes