Is it more than just a bed for you?

fully agree

It wouldn’t fly in most places.

But that said,

Same here… And illusion is a good word. For example in my mind walking distance to MK is a benefit with all the area resorts, but we’ve never walked from Poly. Same goes for proximity to TTC, never walked there. Last time we used Uber to several parks, something we could do from anywhere within a reasonable distance. I vouch for EE but last time we used it 1 out of 4 days :roll_eyes:

Maybe I need to re-evaluate my choices… but in the end, if I go for a few nights in a year, I’ll probably end up choosing deluxe so I can live in my illusion!

5 Likes

Totally agree that while I hate it as a consumer, I have to say well played on getting away with it from a business perspective!

The room service breakfast actually provides a significant head start to the day in our case. Breakfast is a bigger meal for my kids (especially my picky one) so not waiting for a 7am mobile order or a club lounge breakfast to go out is a big boost. I get that most rope droppers can make it work with breakfast bars etc but it isn’t a good trade off for us at this point.

Yes! I’m all for recognizing but then completely ignoring one’s own irrational choices!

2 Likes

I really enjoy the fun theming, which is why we tend to choose AOA alot. Now that I have DVC though, obviously we stay there less and less. We always try to take a skyliner jaunt over. I also like having a full cafeteria, vs at the DVC resorts there’s less quick service type options.

1 Like

We usually have down days and midday breaks so the pool with hot tub and activities offered are a big part. Also location vs what parks we plan to visit the most. Multiple days we’ve hopped to Epcot in the evenings to roam WS previous visits so now we stick to resorts in that area. Stayed at Poly 1 vacation and it was less convenient because of the long walk to WS.
The downside to the Epcot Deluxe hotels is they don’t feel like home to us, either because of theme or really tall. We like to be outside quickly vs having to take elevators. So we’re sticking to CBR. Being more spread out, it feels more relaxing and private.

2 Likes

Well, I just contradicted myself… I found a great DVC rental deal (1br at Grand Flo for $375 :hushed:) for my very late arrival night. In that case I broke the “location is #1” rule, kinda, because I’m planning Epcot the next morning and there was also a BW studio available for the same price that night.

I don’t even care that it’s 1br (I said in my room request that since I’m coming in so late and is just the one night it’s fine if they put me in a studio or even a regular room) because I’m going to be there for like 7 hours. My main reason was that I’m not RDing Epcot, and being at GF means I can monorail it to Poly and get Kona to go for breakfast.

4 Likes

Kinda

I would have to do it too simply because it’s such a great deal lol

1 Like

My family of 4 has stayed at CBR twice, once in March 2020 (the week before WDW shut down due to the pandemic) and a follow up masked visit in Nov 2021. Last visit our kids were 14 (DD) and 11 (DS) and we requested and received Jamaica 41.

That location was perfect for us. The convenience of being literally across the street from skyliner was amazing and we used it consistently each day even when not traveling to HS or EP. A good example of that is mobile ordering a quick meal at Riviera’s Primo Piatto and then taking a quick and fun ride over to pick it up. It also made for a fast trip to Toppolino’s Terrace for breakfast our final morning. Then only a 6-7 minute ride to entrances at HS and 11 minutes to Epcot - the convenience of that is simply fanatastic!

My son (he was almost 12) was even still able to sleep comfortably on the CBR pull down 5th sleeper. Those days are over now with his growth spurt :smiley:. We found the rooms to be clean and in good condition as well as the very walkable grounds - I really enjoyed taking photos during my early morning walks around the lake before the rest of the crew awoke.

I hope you and yours enjoy CBR as much as we have!

6 Likes

Awww thanks for this!! I’m so happy to hear how much you like CBR. :heart:

2 Likes

I think I would love CBR if I was lucky with room assignments! But with my luck I would probably be in the most remote location possible.

Imo Jamaica is the place at CBR. The 3 times we’ve been there, we’ve requested and rcvd Jamaica.

To be clear: I did not request particular rooms. Or even buildings. Simply Jamaica. Tho one time we did request the 5 person room. Possibly with connecting (which we rcvd) but I may have asked for near with traveling together in order to get the 5th person Murphy bed room.

4 Likes

When deciding (and we always stay on property for Disney) I look at price, coffee options, and food options. CSR is our favorite because it hits all three. We used to stay at the values and I loved their theming and refurbs, but the food options are slim to start with and by the time we’d get back from a park, most things were closed. At CSR, we can close out the part and still find good food to eat, especially if you mobile order and grab it on the walk to the room. And then allll the coffee options in the morning.

We’ve done fairly extensive research on this for the book, if you’re interested.

5 Likes

And for some of the premium prices you could stay airBnB and have a sedan&driver waiting on standby for just your group.

For me, if I pay big money for the hotel, I will be enjoying the hotel. If my focus is on something else, it is just a bed.

I opted for Pop for my August trip. Skyliner is not my favorite, but Music had gone from all three categories available with the discount to Preferred only (ditto Movies) so I figured they might be a tad crowded, and I’d like to think they’ll be done with upgrading Sports by then, but who knows. So keeping costs down as much as I could, Pop was next on the list.

1 Like