Is it cheating to buy your kids presents from DisneyStore.com

I love shopping online! This trip is a trip for just hubby and I. I have 8 kids to buy presents for and there are some great deals on disneystore.com right now. How many of you would buy online to save money and baggage? Just a fun question I guess!

1 Like

Personally I totally would utilize the Disney store discounts, especially if I had 8 kids to buy gifts for (that would darn near be a suitcase just for souvenirs, I’d imagine)! From what I understand, there are many things at the parks that are also available online (not everything, obviously). And while I don’t have kids myself, I can’t imagine that they would 1. think to ask “did this come from the park during your visit?” or 2. really care, even if they somehow thought to ask and you told them.

Plus, the money you save could go towards anything else - Dole Whips, Mickey Ice Cream Bars, pretzels (can you tell I’m hungry right now? hah :D)

2 Likes

Is it “cheating”? Probably.

Do I recommend doing it anyway? Absolutely.

5 Likes

I would definitely do that.

3 Likes

I went to the Disney store already (in preparation for our upcoming September trip). I told my four year old that if she behaves Mickey Mouse is going to leave a present for her in our room each night. I told her that he is doing it to help us save time shopping when we could be riding rides. I hope it works.

7 Likes

I don’t consider it cheating :grin: I consider it good spending decisions. I order with ebates, coupon codes, and my discounted Disney GC. The kids get more goodies that way and I save money!

2 Likes

I just placed order online. We have 6 kids and I figured this way they would get more for the money. The kids are not going this trip its an adults only trip so we would just be choosing in the parks for them too. I also buy for my niece and nephew. I loaded up now just hoping they arent home when the delivery man comes lol

2 Likes

not only is it not cheating, but don’t forget the Shop Disney Parks app for your iPhone! There’s stuff on there that isn’t on DisneyStore.com!

1 Like

You’d need an extra suitcase just to bring stuff for 8 kids home with you :slight_smile: Absolutely NOT “cheating”. Either order them in advance and stash then away somewhere until you get home, or else order after you get home and tell them that you are having the stuff shipped because there was just too much to carry - which actually IS the case…

4 Likes

Love it! We do a surprise bag on vacation. I wrap up little cheap gifts and if they kids behave decently that day they can pick a surprise from the bag.

2 Likes

Disney’s the only one that’ll be upset that you didn’t buy in the parks at premium prices. Your kids won’t care.

4 Likes

There’s not much difference between “tricking a kid” and “making magic for a kid”. I forge postcards from princesses for my friends’ little girls. Buy stuff wherever it’s easiest!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone I order a great big bunch of great stuff online for the kids for $280 which would easily cost $1000 in the parks! I will hide it in the house and when we “unpack” they will get all there presents!

6 Likes

This is a smart idea!! GO for it!

1 Like