Is it all spiralling out of control?

That could be. Interestingly, they said that they are NOT seeing transmission in the elementary or middle schools…ONLY in the high schools. Now I don’t have insight into the specifics…but I suspect it might be cases of spread not necessarily during school hours, but still among the high school students.

2 Likes

Exactly. I have kids in my class masked and separated then I see them pile into a car and drive off together maskless.

We have had cases every single week. We have done “the right thing” (masks for all students 3 and above, 6ft spacing, limited pods). We have positive kids come into school every day. We have positive staff come into school every day.

FYI, we have had cases in every single grade level. We have had multiple cases (students and staff) in k, grade 1 and grade 2.

1 Like

My daughter’s middle school has sent out three new case emails in the last week. There was only one before that a long time ago. The middle school and high school are next door to each other here and get out 30 min apart. Those kids hang out after school maskless at the local pizza joint across the street and with each other at each other’s houses. My daughter always wears a mask or so she tells me and so do the parents at the houses she goes to but you cannot control teens. They have zero risk aversion. I drove home two boys the other day with windows down even when my daughter complained. I looked in the rear view mirror and both had chin diapers which I corrected and I got yes mams. But the moment you turn away. One told me he’s not worried because he thinks he’ll be okay to which I gave him the spiel about protecting others. Sigh.

2 Likes

Lol

I cancelled my Facebook acct over a year ago and I don’t miss it all. Way too much drama and I take ethical offense to it. I do miss seeing how a couple of old bear friends are who live half a world away but I just try and text em every so often. Reach out in the real world. It’s honestly so much better even if you can’t just see pics whenever you’re bored. But I didn’t want more uncensored “Facebook”. I wanted deeper, real connections with fewer people and less watching family members and friends argue without actually hearing each other.

1 Like

Im thinking of doing this. Seriously. I think my life will be better for it.

1 Like

I rarely go on FB any more. But I belong to a couple of groups having to do with fostering kittens which I do for our local Humane Society. This is the best way to get info on when they have kittens that need to be fostered and to get questions answered form other foster carers or to find an adoptive family. So I stay. But I don’t really post or even look at stuff other than my groups.

2 Likes

These are interesting perspectives on Facebook. I’m definitely closer to oldest and middle granddaughters thru Facebook. But then they’ve got littles and posting a picture or short video is perhaps easiest at this time.

1 Like

I very tightly curate my Facebook feed.

I keep Facebook for the groups I’m in (mostly professional) and groups I follow (mostly Disney). Although I have Facebook friends, I don’t follow their feeds and I almost never post anything in my own feed.

1 Like

I share funny animal videos :joy: thats about it!

1 Like