Is Epic Universe … TOO Epic?

No rush.
Enjoy yourself!!

2 Likes

Drivimg there now!

2 Likes

I’m in line for checkin, the family behind me is Scottish!

4 Likes

DSs school friend is there just now.
Wouldn’t it be cool if it was them :laughing:

3 Likes

universal wants guests to go to the new park I’m not worried

4 Likes

Legend of Zelda has been in the rumor mill for over a decade.

My only concern is that Lost Continent has already sacrificed so much land to Hogsmeade, and there might not be enough left over to make it a fully immersive Hyrule experience like we deserve. Lost Continent is, to me, still the most beautiful land in the park, so I’d to hate to give it up if Universal is just going to half ass it.

Springfield, on the other hand, may just be the right size – not for a scale replica of Kanto (thats Gen 1 if you dont know, Red/Blue/Yellow) – but maybe a recreation of Pallet Town or Viridian City. The main building could be either Oak Labs or Giovanni/Blue’s Gym. And we can have quick service restaurants and shops modeled after PokeMarts and Pokémon Centers. And maybe even recreations of Red (Ash) and Gary (Blue) childhood homes, sort of like an in story museum to two legendary trainers, hometown heroes.

2 Likes

Who knows if Zelda will happen…but if it does, or even it doesn’t, there still is quite a bit of land when you take the footprint of Poisidon and the Sinbad theater. What exactly they would put there is the question. I don’t play Zelda, but I have watched my kids play it ad nauseum. I have trouble imagining an attraction themed to Zelda. It is mostly solving puzzles and exploration.

I am thinking more and more that they WON’T put Zelda there…but if they did, we would be talking many years out.

4 Likes

Universal hasn’t even had the Nintendo license for that long….

3 Likes

That would be so funny. Dad had a lanyard with Scottish flags.

They had to tell me the next check in counter was calling me, and then they missed when they got called :laughing:

4 Likes

As a customer, I don’t think this is possible. Not that all parks need to be Epic, but there are plenty of low-key amusement parks around. Y’ll will probably bite my head off, but I think Disney World is downgraded to a very nice amusement park because they stopped trying long ago. At least one company needs to aim for Mind-Blowing Awesome, and that hasn’t been Disney for at least this century. If you have Star Wars in your head as a denial, remember we have Universal to thank for that.

I even think that there is good in having underwhelming parts of a park. As the park fans that this crowd is, you guys probably already know that coasters with a slow calm part(s) in the middle are seen as more exciting than ones with unrelenting excitement. Something about adrendaline fatigue. You kind of max out and then the excitement blurs together. But, during the slow parts, you can reset, and then bam excitement again. Even with locations I think that applies. One trip to Paris, my boyfriend with me was sick, so I did stuff alone which meant looking at pretty stuff, Louvre several times, Versailles, etc. We were there for a bit over a week. At one point, I felt like my eyes would fall out if I looked at one more amazing, awesome or sparkly thing. I thought, “This is my third trip to Paris, and I haven’t seen the Mona Lisa. So, darn it, I will.” I walked down that hallway with my eyes on the floor trying to NOT look at stuff. Of course I did.

5 Likes

Never really thought about this. Not sure it is always true, but I can see it particularly when the ride is longer.

Millennium Force I call a pure adrenaline rush because once you start the drop, it never really slows…but it is only like 90 seconds long. Steal Vengeance is non-stop action, but there is a point in the ride where you do kind of get a (very) brief moment to orient yourself.

I have to think more about this. As a coaster enthusiast, the idea intrigues me!

3 Likes

I believe the realization came with Six Flag’s Mine Train in the 60’s. I just looked up the ride time and it is 4.75 minutes. They worried people would be bored since it has more than one slow place in it. But, nope. people were blown away.

Think of art museums. They generally have the majority of their stuff in storage. Why? They could fill the walls with paintings and get most of it on display. But the art needs white space on the wall in order to be appreciated.

3 Likes

Well if you’re not familiar with the series, it’d be hard to explain it to you. But there are three different timelines that forked all the way back in the classic 90s N64 game “Ocarina of Time”, the best reviewed game of all time. Two of the futures are good, one is bad. I think that game would be the ideal setting. Theres lots to work with in a dark ride or a stunt show.

Back to the main topic, I hope Universal has plans to add some kind of transit system to link the main resort to Epic. A new track for the Hogwarts Express may be impractical with so many busy roads, so maybe its time for a monorail of their own.

2 Likes