Is DVC website down?

I remember seeing an email about training starting tomorrow? That wasn’t going to impact the site was it? Or is IT just being IT?
@OBNurseNH’s post about reconfiguring her marathon trip has encouraged me to check inventory for 1/6 to see if I can switch my cash stay to points before midnight. Because today is day 30.

I just checked, and I can’t get the site to do more than give me a spinning circle.

ETA: Oh, the irony. I hit reload, and while the site still isn’t loading, I was asked if I wanted to participate in a brief survey about my visit to the site today. (And why is it they ask to participate in the survey BEFORE I’ve actually done anything on the website?)

Oh man

It was working this morning early

1 Like

yea, that’s what it’s doing for me as well. spinny circle. Thanks for letting me know it wasn’t just me. I’ll keep trying sporadically throughout the day.

Yup spinning for eternity for me now too

1 Like

blech! It’s not that big of a deal, but if I can put that money back in my pocket it would be spectacular.

1 Like

Wasn’t there a notice the site would be down ?

:woman_shrugging: I can’t remember. The only communication I remember getting recently was about the staff training beginning 12/8 and the RCI exchange changing. Unless they posted something at the top of the website that I ignored.

1 Like

getting a 503 error. I think the whole internet is acting up today. My Amazon Music is also down.

Imma head back to bed. We’ll try again tomorrow.

2 Likes

that’s probably the best course of action.

1 Like

Apparently Amazon Web Services is having widespread outages right now. Makes me wonder if DVC relies on AWS. Disney+ is also reporting as having outages.

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks!

Amazon Web Services apparently powers much of Disney’s IT.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/07dec2021-disney-world-experiencing-a-digital-service-outage-impacting-my-disney-experience-and-disney-genie.htm

1 Like

A client texted me to say MDE was down earlier too

How’d that work for you, Genie???

1 Like

Gotta tell ya… not great.

4 Likes

hmmm still

1 Like

Working fine now.

2 Likes

Working fine? Have they done an upgrade then? :wink:

1 Like