Is anyone else going to Disney World for the food?

If you were to pick either Citrico’s or Narcoossee’s which one would you book and why? I am trying to decide my list for my next couple of trips. Thanks!

Heck yes, we go for the food! That’s half of the experience for us. We don’t eat out much (always saving for a Disney trip!), so when we make the annual trip to WDW, we splurge on food. I actually make our park plans around TS reservations.

3 Likes

I liked Citrico’s much better. To my taste, both the food and service were better at Citrico’s, and I find the atmosphere much more in keeping with a signature dining experience. The only “plus” to Narcoosee’s is the deck, from which you get a pretty good (if distant) view of Wishes

1 Like

One of my faves isn’t a SSR. Raglan Road is on my list every time I go to WDW. The bread pudding is so good!

~gag~ We just got back and Disney not only has the worst food ever they also have the worst service ever! Unless it is a character meal (or, I would imagine, table service) the food is horrible!! Not only is it overpriced but it is not edible. No, we aren’t picky eaters … the food was that bad. The kids would barely touch their chicken nuggets. With good reason too! I ate one, well, tasted it before I spit it out in my napkin. The process of ordering and recieving food was so confusing in Tomorrowland that it was laughable! The bays … yeah, they should do away with those because it causes confusion and, on my part, spilled drinks and dropped food. So Disney is definitely failing on the food part. Oh, and it took my husband over 30 minutes to walk around the corner, stand at a cart with 5 people in front of him, and get 2 drinks. There needs to be a food service and quality overhaul at Disney. Ick! Bah humbug!

Don’t judge all Disney food by the QS. I am NO fan of WDW QS (or ANY fast food, for that matter), which is why I eat primarily at TS restaurants. Although I have to say that food at QS locations such as Yorkshire Fish and Chips, Tangerine, Katsura, Sommerfest, Sunshine Seasons, Columbia Harbor House, Sleepy Hollow, Flame Tree,Yak and Yeti, and even at a stretch Pizza Planet, are all AT LEAST as good as what you would find in a mall food court (and some markedly better).

Judging the quality of the food at WDW based solely on it’s QS is like saying the food in NYC is horrible based on a meal at McDonald’s or White Castle. And although I’m not a fan of most QS at WDW, it’s still better than Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Six Flags - and not significantly more expensive. I cannot count the TS meals that I have had at WDW, and ALL have been good to excellent to amazing in food quality, and in only one case was the service bad (and it was REALLY bad).

But I DO agree with you on how slowly the QS lines move. But again, it’s no different than at any theme park, and WDW being typically more crowded than most, the lines are going to be long/slow…

I agree with@bswan! There are some CS locations that you can get good food but it takes a lot of research and planning.

@oakhill - don’t think you can judge WDW food by most QS restaurants or the children menu - be like judging restaurants in Paris or London via trip to McDonalds or KFC. The food was not an important element of our trios when our DDs where young and ate of the children menu (which, by the way, I wish all restaurants would get rid of and just have smaller / kid friendly versions of the normal meals). However, since they have been older (10+) the food has become a mush bigger part of our trips - we build our plan around the restaurants first and then the parks. Meals at 50s, Y&Y, RR, CG, Yachtsman, FF, character meals at CP and ice creams at various places are all highlights for us and all restaurants that would do well wherever they where.

Don’t be too upset if you don’t get a BOG dinner res. We were there 2,weeks ago. I did not think it was all that great, maybe a step above a family style restaurant. Very noisy, like 3 large cafeteria rooms. Tiny piece of chicken breast. Best meal was at Sanaa.

Canceled BOG last year, planning on going there this year. Just to see what all the hype is about. Definitely doing Sanaa third year in a row. Preach on brother BEN! !!!

Do get her a Mickey ice cream bar. Get one for yourself, too. They are better than any brand of ice cream bar you can buy in a supermarket.
We also love the ice cream sundaes at the Main Street Bakery in MK.
I have to have a Dole Whip Float.

1 Like

Oh, I thought it was great! Not perfect, but I was very happy. Will do a breakfast and lunch there my next trip.

Here is my ¢.02 on dining. Coming from Chicago where there is lots of high end eateries as well as lower price locations where they make a few specific items very well…Disney struggles making food at a high level for the massive amount of people that are coming in. This was the major issue for my fiancee’ who shy’s away from processed foods altogether.
I hope that Disney will focus on a smaller number of items that are made fresh and consistently.
(That being said I will eat Via Napoli 24-7!)