Is Aladdin live action hard to understand?

I know this is an odd thing to ask, but DD11 wanted to watch the live action Aladdin, so we watched about half. She confessed to me later that she didn’t want to watch any more b/c she had no idea what was going on. I thought about it and showed her about the first half of the cartoon one. She seemed to understand it better, but didn’t understand all. I thought it was easy to understand but I was a high school student when Aladdin first came out (cartoon). I did see how they seemed to think everyone just understood what was going on for the live action—they just didn’t explain some things, like how Javar got the cave with the lamp to appear.

2 Likes

I don’t recall the live action enough to comment on how easy it was to follow, but I was in 8th grade when the animated came out and it all more or less made sense to me.

2 Likes

I was in 6th grade and it made sense to me (the cartoon) and I loved it. It was my first CD I bought at the Disney store in the mall. Oh the early 90s!

3 Likes

I was 10 when Aladdin came out and loved it at the time! That said, it shouldn’t concern you if your daughter isn’t following everything. It probably just means she is thoughtful and doesn’t take things for granted.

3 Likes

So true. My 10 year old is like that. It’s a blessing and a curse at times (but mostly a blessing).

2 Likes

I could tell that she was partly confused with the live action one that Jasmine didn’t look like her doll.

1 Like

I think most Guy Ritchie movies are hard to follow!

2 Likes