Is access to Tron going to be weird?

Is access to Tron going to be weird? Are you going to have to cut through the Tomorrow Land Power and Light Co. building to access it? seems like that is a big choke point to begin with. Seems weird that it will be the only access and exit point for the ride?

Check artist rendering below and real pics

2 Likes

There used to be a smokers path between Dumbo and Space Mountain back there, maybe that will be reopened once construction is done.

1 Like

They aren’t done with the renovations to the building, but I saw something that suggested they were going to make that building open from both ends…so more an covered walkway than an actual building. That would be consistent with the artist renderings.

2 Likes

I dont think there is any access from the other side of Tomorrowland Speedway and/or Fantasyland

Seeing it in person I think there will be a path outside to enter the ride but it will exit through the gift shop :wink:

1 Like

Still a choke point, especially if that’s the only entrance and exit and you combine that with Space Mountain guests

The renderings indicate that pathway to Fantasyland will be open. And so far the pathway is only blocked with temporary barriers.

1 Like

That’s the exit point.

Just been announced that the shop is closing to allow work to be done on the exit from Tron.

The path winds round to the entrance. I guess they could have some barriers to try and avoid a choke point.

Just seems too small to me

3 Likes

The only weirdness I’m anticipating is the loading onto the ride. A post I read recently said that Americans’ typical girth could cause problems during loading; based on the Tokyo version.

2 Likes

Too Much Kramer

2 Likes

Girth…. That word has always made me laugh.

5 Likes

Another new article on this…

Still strange to me…One small choke point acting as exit from Space Mtn AND entrance to Tron? Place is going to be a zoo when it first opens…

I think this is a problem and a poor design

2 Likes

there’s a train crossing on the exit path, why was that thought to be a good idea?

I don’t think the Train is interfering with the walkway.

did you watch the video? they had crossing guards… a train came by, crossing over the walkway

Oh. You mean temporarily while they are working on the building?

1 Like

Yes, it is temporary, thankfully :wink:

You mean was temporary? There’s a sign for a smoking towards Storybook.

1 Like

I read this on Twitter as well and did not understand it. I think they were saying that you have to load the “other side” by going around the vehicle versus through the vehicle. And it’s a thin space to squeeze between vehicles?

2 Likes