Is 5 hours too much or too little time to spend in Fantasyland?

Hi there. My family and I are visiting the Magic Kingdom for the first time since the opening of New Fantasyland. We’re 7 adults, no kids.

We plan on arriving at rope drop (9am) and heading straight to Fantasyland after a quick stop at the Mickey Meet & Greet on Main Street. We have a 9:35am reservation at Be Our Guest, and we plan on hitting all of the attractions we want to see in Fantasyland before moving on to other areas of the park.

Our stops will be (in order):

1. Be our Guest Restaurant
  2. Gaston Meet & Greet at Gaston’s Tavern
  3. Under the Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid
  4. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  5. Peter Pan’s Flight
  6. It’s a Small World
  7. Mickey’s Philharmagic
  8. Enchanted Tales with Belle
  9. Lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus
  10. The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

I put these in a Personalized Touring Plan, and budgeted 1 hour each for both meals. I also plan on making advance FastPass+ reservations for Seven Dwarfs, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales, plus a day of FastPass+ reservation for Winnie the Pooh.

Our Personalized Touring Plan has us arriving at Fantasyland at 9:35am for breakfast at Be Our Guest and leaving Winnie the Pooh at 2:40pm. Does this sound right? It seems to me that 5 hours is a lot of time (even if it includes 2 meals, 1 meet-and-greet, 2 show-based attractions, and 5 rides), especially if we’re making good use of FastPass+

If you want to see my entire plan for the day, you can see it at [Disney and Universal Touring Plans]. (Disney and Universal Touring Plans). And yes, I even have restroom breaks built into the plan. I have 2 people in my party that often need to use the restroom every 2 hours or so.

Looking at the plan this sounds right. Not sure if you will be able to get the 4th FPP for WtP, though. An hour for each of the meals would be a lot of time for my crew, but we eat like starved wolves. :wink:

1 Like

You can only use your TP as a guide ride now. Since you don’t really know what FP reservations you will snag. Any meal that is not table service should not take 60 minutes. I would suggest you not putting in bathroom breaks on the TP because you really have no way to predict when anyone is going to have to go. And it should be such a short stop that it won’t affect your TP much if at all. PLUS, if you use the LINES mobile app to keep track of your TPs, you’ll be able to OPTIMIZE on the fly whenever you get off schedule.

IMO, if you succeed in getting the FP+ that you are targeting then you should be able to beat this time. The more things that you can get done in the first 90 minutes after rope drop the lower you overall wait times will be, so I recommend trying to ride Winnie the Pooh after your rope drop Mickey meet then going to Be Our Guest. Have a great trip!

Thanks everyone. I’m going to tweak the plan a bit.

My only thought is that your BOG breakfast is using valuable park time. Those first two hours in the park are the best with shorter wait times and smaller crowds. You could try for an 8 am BOG breakfast or skip it. BOG lunch was great especially with pre ordering and better value. Also, with a long day in the park being able to sit at a nice table and have your food delivered is a nice break.

2 Likes

Great minds think alike, Mary. I’m hoping the BOG breakfast is just a placeholder for my party. I would much rather go for lunch so we can take advantage of the lighter crowds and shorter wait times in the morning. There’s also a big price difference in breakfast and lunch.

I would 2nd a pre Rope drop BOG. That early touring time is just too valuable to be at a meal.

Can I do BOG pre-rope drop if I’m not staying on Disney property?

If you manage to get an ADR yes

1 Like

For sure yes!

Good to know. Thanks, Tate and AuntB!