Is $378 worth it?

This.
Did you feel sorry for the people in standby who thought you had to pay for FP, or did you just enjoy getting in the ride?

1 Like

Hi Ryan,
Are you saying itā€™s $378 for ONE night at the campsite? We did a throwaway booking and it was $88.
Itā€™s a complete bargain, and I understand why people worry about it taking otherā€™s places, but for the time weā€™re going, thatā€™s just not the case.
For $88 Iā€™m getting not only 60 day FPP for the entirety of our three week trip, but up to ten magic bands, and free parking for up to two cars for two days. Thatā€™s $250 potential value (for us with five of us itā€™s $125 so weā€™re still quids in and get the 60 day FPP).
You only have to book the smallest plot to get free parking for two cars and up to ten people.

1 Like

Maybe this umbrella thing you speak of is something I can look into. Though Iā€™d still need to buy bands. I will price out multiple options when I get close to pulling the trigger.

Okay. Hereā€™s a little backstory on this.

Truthfully, the idea of doing this would NEVER cross my mind, except for two factors:

1. The opening of SWGE.
  2. My daughter-in-law.

See, while my family has taken a great deal many trips (to Disney and otherwise) my sonā€™s wife hasnā€™t really done any vacationing of any significance. So, with them tagging along for this trip, weā€™re extremely excited. Only, my big fear is that we will have built up Disney so much, and sheā€™ll arrive (and despite the fact that weā€™re providing housing, they still are paying an arm and a leg) and be completely underwhelmed if the crowds are unmanageable, etc.

Iā€™m probably overthinking it, truthfully. But we want her first experience at Disney to be a good one. And if SWGE wasnā€™t opening, I wouldnā€™t even entertain the idea.

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to have Magic Bands. Theyā€™re just nice to have.

1 Like

Iā€™m cheap :tipping_hand_woman:

I also have enough other knowledge to use other means to get what I need/want. And I am also fortunate enough to know that Iā€™ll be back again soonish - usually within 6 months or less lately - and i can try again.

Someone with less knowledge and less frequent visits would certainly feel differently, and thatā€™s totally understandable.

Also, $85pp/day x4 is a lot of money for my family

2 Likes

The practice of booking ā€œthrow awayā€ campsites was much more common a few years ago? Many people have very strong feelings about this since the campsites can be difficult to book and sometimes they are a familyā€™s only option.

1 Like

True.
They are easier though, especially for Photopass. But true.

No. I was talking price for the number of nights to cover our days at Disney. I believe the 60 day thing only applies to the number of booked nights. If we only did a single night, it would open a SINGLE day to the 30 day window. No?

What if it was just $85 flat rate for the whole trip?

1 Like

As I replied while you were replying too, itā€™s been so helpful for us. I have three FOP fastpasses and two 7DMT that Iā€™d never have got otherwise. Itā€™s taken a lot of stress out of having to do RDā€™s too often.
No, it opens up your WHOLE trip to 60 day FPP!!!

1 Like

You mean 60 day? It would be check in and check out day.

I wonā€™t cancel nights after Iā€™ve booked and selected FP+. I do pay for all the nights I need. See. I do have scruples.

I think you should plan your trip to meet your familyā€™s needs. I do not think you should worry if others would use that strategy (I would not but I will not judge others that do).

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s unrealistic.

Up to how many people?

Up to how many days?

Disney would never do something like this.

Itā€™s not, I promise you, put a throwaway booking on day 1 and you get FPP at 60 day for as long as the tickets linked with it are valid!
You only book ONE night.
Some say itā€™s a bug, some say itā€™s designed, we just donā€™t know. But itā€™s been that way since FPP started.

I agree $85 pp/pd would be too much. But in this case the $83 is per night for the whole party. This I could justify.

Guys, itā€™s $85 or whatever the going rate is at the campsite, for your entire stay, for the entire party! Us Dibbers have been doing it for years.

1 Like

It should open your first two days at day 60 and then 1 day at a time at day 60 after your checkout day.

3 Likes

For real?
Well there you go. WDW got more money from me than necessary.
I havenā€™t visited DIBB Iā€™m years. Hmmmmm.

It does sound like a bug to me. Hard to believe Disney would allow that to continue. Interesting.