Is 15 minutes really enough?

Seems likely this has been asked before but I couldn’t find it. Most of the touring plans suggest getting to your spots for the parades about 15 minutes ahead of the scheduled time. Is this really enough? We will be with a 10-year-old who’s pretty excited about the parades; is she likely to get an unobstructed view with just 15 minutes of waiting on the curbside or should we set aside extra time?

Depends on where you’re trying for a spot and which parade or fireworks you’re viewing.

I generally prefer to get there a bit more ahead than that, but not more than 30. I prefer most MK parade viewing from Frontierland where there seems to be a lot less jockeying for space than other points along the parade route.

1 Like

Frontierland sound like a good tip. When we went to Disney Paris we went on Main St and it was pretty jammed from an hour ahead!

1 Like

I second Frontierland for the Electrical Parade.

we were there for Electric parade about 15 minutes ahead and that was plenty for us. But I think it all depends on the crowds for that day. We were between frontier land and Liberty Square. We had obnoxious people eat their nasty turkey legs “over” us. But we were in the front and had a great view.

2 Likes

I was able to get a spot across from LTT about 10 minutes before the FoF parade a couple of weeks ago. It was full sun but I was alone along the rope. Performers in the parade gave me high fives as they passed!

2 Likes

We happened to have FP for EP a few years ago b/c it was our arrival day and didn’t have many choices that late in the evening. We also did FP for FoF when it was new but in hindsight were really didn’t need to. On a related note we have consistently found GREAT parade spots for both EP and the MVMCP parade about 15 minutes prior, w/o lining up early!

3 Likes

Just make sure where ever you watch the parade and for however long to drink plenty of water and to try to stay in the shade. For the MK 3o’clock parade we went to a spot maybe 30 min in advance and it was in the direct sunlight. Let me tell you that I pretty much got a heatstroke. We gave up our spot and went into a store and drank water/stayed in the cool. I pretty much only went back out when the parade was turning at the entrance of MK and we had a wonderful view. So sometime you might get lucky and grab a spot at the last minutes.

1 Like

I do not think 15 min is enough time. I would allow 30-40 min. plan to use that time to rest and have a snack while waiting for the parade. we watched FoF parade in frontier land on a CL 6 day and we got a great spot front row spot but grabbed it 40 min ahead of time. we were right in front of the candy shop in frontier land. I think it was called the trading post.

1 Like