International Gateway

Shouldn’t it really be more like this?

2 Likes

I see a boat ride in there, unless that is a nice swim - either way, it does not count. :laughing:

No, it counts…because otherwise they had to walk all the way around and then walk back, which is even further! :slight_smile: (That’s where they decided that they really did want to buy something from the Japan pavilion and had to go back to get it.)

(Although, I’ll admit, I’ve never actually been on the boats across the lake at Epcot.)

I think I’ve been on those boats once or twice - likely while I was in the parks with my parents, and the idea of walking “all the way around” seemed like it would take forever.

Epcot always seems way bigger to me. Maybe because I usually stay at the Swan/Dolphin and have walked nearly a mile before entering.

“I’ve discovered the perfect waiting/walking ratio! It’s all so clear now!”

I had a few minutes so I tried doing the area just for fun. I used the outer service road for each park as the boundary, excluding parking lots, and was pretty liberal with what is considered a “guest area” for Epcot (even included the new GotG area). Animal Kingdom comes in quite a bit ahead by this measure.

For completeness: