Interesting UOR data

I stole these from a Facebook post:

3 Likes

Is “Vertical Forces” the same as G-force?

I’ll get to try VC for the first time in a couple weeks!

6 Likes

Woohoo!!!

2 Likes

I can believe those charts. I can almost “see” the hills and slopes on the coaster in those charts!

4 Likes

Oooohh, this is fascinating. Now I need to see the WDW coasters I have been on to see how they compare. I think Hagrid’s might be my limit. I don’t get motion sickness, but I don’t enjoy extreme thrills, especially big drops. The one on Splash Mt was almost too much for me, but I tolerated it for the other 11 min of the ride that I enjoyed. I was thinking maybe I could do Velocicoaster, but those 4Gs look intimidating.

1 Like

It’s the best!!

2 Likes

If that’s your limit I would avoid VC.

However, if you think you might tolerate more then give it a go because it’s one of the best rides ever!!

4 Likes

I thought Hagrid’s was “the best” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

HAHA they both are! I usually ride them one right after the other :laughing:

2 Likes

I always say Hagrid’s is my favorite “ride” since it’s “story coaster”

I say VC is my favorite traditional “coaster”

It’s like having two kids and telling them you love them equally… However, numbers don’t lie and my stats say I like Hagrid’s a bit more! :wink:

I’m so excited for you to go!!! I really am!!!

10 Likes

Me too. I just missed it by a few months last trip.

3 Likes

I am tempted to try it because everyone seems to love it. We’ll see! Maybe my kids will talk me into it. My youngest will probably be too short (currently 49" with shoes) and my husband gets motion sickness on much less crazy rides so he won’t be able to handle this one. So I might have to go with the other 2 kids. I don’t mind twists and turns or upside down as much as the straight down drops.

1 Like

You might be ok then if you can just get through that first big drop from the top hat. After that it’s mainly twists and barrel rolls :crossed_fingers:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

I’m just looking at these charts trying to dx the rhythm and identify what the patient needs in order to not die

7 Likes

I would start with over shoulder restraints on VC :laughing:

4 Likes

VC is thrillingly fast and buttery smooth. You don’t have time to worry about the descent from the top hat because it all happens so quickly. It doesn’t provoke any motion sickness in me. I much prefer it to RRR or EE at WDW. I might prefer it to Hagrid.

It is scary the first time. You just have to trust that the engineers knew what they were doing. They won’t let anything bad happen to you. It’s all theatre.

4 Likes

I thought the same! Dr Dooms is definitely doomed.

3 Likes

This last summer was my first time to UOR, and VC was our first ride, on the first rope drop morning (hagrids was down). I’m not a coaster person. But damnit I paid all that money, I’m riding everything! I have nothing bad to say, but it did me in. My legs were shaking walking off that ride. It didn’t ruin my day, or trip, but hagrids was the only other coaster I felt like trying after it (for the next 4 days!). I gladly hung with my 7yo while my older kids and wife rode the rest of their coasters. I can ride everything at WDW and not feel that way. Might have been better saving it for last.

5 Likes

The don’t call it Islands of ADVENTURE for nothin’!! :rofl: :wink: :innocent:

3 Likes