Increased hours at MK, how to get there?

We did a split stay at Boardwalk and BLT so we could walk as many places as possible but we decided to drive to AK which I think was a mistake. We ended up waiting over an hour for FoP and we were some of the first people parked. So that’s really my only experience with parking and for Epcot we came in the back but at MK, AK and DHS busses were always just sitting there waiting to open their doors and we rope dropped every park. I’d definitely find out when the first one is scheduled to leave from the different Epcot resorts if you’re at the swan and also maybe look at a map of where they drop off at MK. I think the Deluxe hotels have their bus stops closer to the gates. But someone must have posted this info online somewhere right? Lol

1 Like

Just get to the stop very, very early because lines build and with limited capacity unless you are one of the first few parties you will need to wait for the next bus. I saw that happen too.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons we decided to drive to AK. We could go on our time. But it cost us in the line for FoP. For MK I think it might matter a bit less as there is more of a distribution for what people rope drop to.

But this still has the Swan and Dolphin on the map so it’s probably different now.

1 Like

We planned on doing this but at Yacht Club. Is there a benefit for Boardwalk vs Yacht Club that you’ve heard? Or is this just your preference?

I’ve read positives and negatives for both YC and BW. I have gone back and forth on both in the past couple Of weeks :crazy_face:. Right now Im leaning toward BW because i think its a slightly shorter walk. Ive never stayed at any of the boardwalk resorts (including Swan/dolphin) so Ill be learning as I go for sure. I will be there 12/8-12/12 and will definitely do a trip report that includes any transportations info I can gather.

2 Likes

Ill be there Tuesday, my MK day Friday. Ill keep u posted :grin:

2 Likes

Yay! Thank you. Have the BEST time :heart:

1 Like

TTC to MK will be more than 18 minutes.

5-10 minutes to Poly (10 is allowing you to get through the Poly grounds), another 5-10 to the GF and then 15-20 from there to MK.

I’m confused why you want to get to the Contemporary for 6am if MK opens at 8am and your ADR is at 7:30am. I’m losing track of who’s trying to do what…:joy:

Are you wanting to eat at The Wave or just go straight to MK?

The security check on the walkway wouldn’t let you through until just before 7am.

Lol, this is what happens when I rely on Google Maps. Thank goodness for the people here who know what they are talking about! Great info, thanks!

Lol, it was a lot of back and forth sorry. And theres a whole other thread Cindy70 and I are on about this too.

I had a 7:30 wave reservation for a 9 am MK opening with the intent of walking to MK by 7:45 (mimosa or coffee for breakfast :grin: ) With the opening changing to 8 am, the Wave breakfast was no longer helpful but was looking for options to get into the Contemporary so I could still utilize their walkway. My mention of getting there at 6 am was a bit overdramatic perhaps. More like 6:30 so I could be in line waiting for walkway to open at 6:45. I was using the Wave just to get into the Contemporary, and now that plan is longer helpful and Ive decided to take a bus to MK.

3 Likes

I’m going in January and am planning to mobile order from Contempo Cafe and walk to MK from there. I also had an ADR at the Wave, but I ended up deciding it would eat up too much of my time (pun intended!).

1 Like

I’ve never ordered via mobile. How early can you place the order? If it opens at 7am, do you order right at 7? And would you just already be in a Lyft at that point? This could be a great option. Thanks for any info!

2 Likes

You can make your order well in advance. You pick an arrival window. You can even complete the purchase. You just have to follow up and let them know you have arrived so they start preparing your food.

If you are eating outside if busy food times, they are really fast, so don’t say you have arrived until you are close. But if it is during lunch rush, for example, you can probably say you have arrived when you are still like 10 minutes away to reduce your waiting time.

1 Like

This is a really good strategy! I wonder how many people use it or how busy Contempo is right at 7:00 (if there would be a pick up window available at that time). Depending on how a few things play out when we get to our cabin, we might consider doing this

If you wanted an order for the earliest time slot, I’m assuming this could be at 7am if they open at 7, do you know how to accomplish this? I’m not sure how early they allow you to select a time. I know you can’t select a time the night prior. Just trying to avoid taking a bus to MK😂

Thanks for the other info. We are definitely planning to do this in DHS and AK.

Just jumping in here to say…we took Lyft to the Contemporary twice a couple weeks ago…and they never asked us anything. Driver showed his ID, and away we went…

We did have reservations at The Wave. But the driver didn’t know this. (And even knowing this after the first time, we still kept our second reservation because the breakfast was really good😂 - and fast)

2 Likes

I wish I could remember because I wanted to get the first mobile order at Contempo Cafe in Oct when we stayed at Bay Lake Tower so we could eat and get to the parks early. But I cannot remember when I was able to make it. It was open at 7am. I could not make it the night before. In the theme parks I would mobile order lunch as soon as we got into our first ride line (mobile ordering was not open when I was outside but it did open before official park opening) so using that logic I would assume you might able to mobile order an hour or half hour before the restaurant opens. I always said I was “at the restaurant” when I was not because it takes 10-20 min for it to be ready after that.

1 Like

Ok, thanks!

1 Like