In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki,Tiki Room - when was the original restored?

It’s been 15 years – I loved the original, but I also liked parts of the “under new management” re-fresh that they did in '98. Phil Hartman and Jerry Orbach were both part of the “new” schtick, and sniffle, I loved 'em both. I’m totally cool with going back to the original, though, but I’m curious – when did Disney restore the attraction?

1 Like

I.think 2004-5 was the restoration and discovery of original recordings.

I think you left a Tiki out there too! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I saw the Under New Management show on my first trip in 2010.

1 Like

Per Wikipedia: “The Floridian version of this attraction, which was identical but with a different pre-show, was known as Tropical Serenade until 1998, when it was replaced with an updated version of the attraction called The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management), featuring Aladdin 's Iago and The Lion King 's Zazu. That version operated until 2011, when it was damaged by a fire, which led to Disney reintroducing an edited version of the original Walt Disney attraction to replace it.”

3 Likes

No, you’re right, I left out a Tiki! Math was never my strong suit, though. LOL!

1 Like

THERE WAS A FIRE?!?! Dang. I mean. Dang!!

I’m glad that anything was salvaged. Dang!

1 Like

From what I’ve read, there was a small fire about 5:30 pm January 12, 2011, in the attic of the attraction. It was extinguished by the sprinkler system. Damage was thought to be minor, but they took advantage of the situation to do some other refurbishment.

3 Likes