In-Room Arrival Gifts?

Just broke the rules and posted this on the Chat - for shame! Thought I’d bring it over here too. :slight_smile: Has anyone surprised their family with an in-room gift upon arrival? I looked at Disney Floral & Gifts, and for ideas online, but I’m un-inspired. This would be a ‘Just Because’ kind of thing. A ‘Happy we haven’t killed each other this summer,’ kind of thing. What have you done in the past, if anything?

1 Like

The Disney floral group is the only ones that can deliver and put in room for you. However, I did order a custom cake for a friend that turned out to be really fun and she said it was really good! The prices were very reasonable and they provided some extras. Not sure a cake will work for you, but for the prices that Disney Floral charges you might be able to get a pretty fancy cake lol. Even if they marked with the family name and year of trip or something to commemorate.

1 Like

We do love us some cake!

1 Like

We had a gift delivered to us one time. It was really nice, but too expensive for the people who got it for us. It won’t be in the room when your guest checks in. They have to check in first, and then Disney Floral will bring it later. Just in case somehting happens and they have to move their rooms before checkin.

1 Like

I had answered you on chat as well. glad you got some responses here too!

1 Like

Can they deliver prior to initial check-in? I would love to have something waiting for my kids when we open the door to the room for the first time.

1 Like

I don’t know about IN the room, my guess is no from the other posts. But 2 years ago when we stayed at BC, the room next door to us had a big Welcome banner, glitter, and boxes outside. Maybe it’s b/c we were CL they were able to do that? It was really cute though. My kids said they wished they were part of that family. At least until we had to call security on them later for screaming and threatening to call the cops on each other. :stuck_out_tongue: Proof there is no perfect family, even in disney.

3 Likes

I ordered something for my sons birthday in Feb. It was a stuffed Mickey with balloons and treat to eat. We checked in VWL early that am even though room was not ready. I asked them to make sure delivery was in room before we got back. Although it did take forever to get our room, our delivery was there waiting for our birthday boy.

1 Like

I did Mickey’s Grand Welcome for my wife in May. We checked in and went straight to Magic Kingdom. When we returned later that night the surprise was there waiting for her. It would have been nice to have been there on arrival but it was still a surprise all the same. I still think it is a bit too expensive but it was a fun thing to do. My wife is in health care and works crazy hard. So i felt that it was a good splurge.

1 Like

I’ve been the recipient of 2 in room gifts.
Aug 2012 at BCV, we got a Mickey bag (red on top, yellow insulated section on the bottom) filled with water, rice crispy treats, popcorn, pretzels etc. actually was in the room when we initially walked in. Bag was embroidered too!
Feb 2013, we got a good size square blue soft side cooler with Cokes, and snacks. We checked in, went to mini golf and DHS, then when we came back hours later it was sitting on the desk at CSR.
This weekend I am having a 6 inch chocolate cake with chocolate frosting delivered to my parent’s room for their wedding anniversary. ($23+tax) We are staying at CBR.

Eek!! I just ordered from Disney Floral & Gifts. Each kid will get a personalized backpack filled with a few treats and some in-room entertainment like a sketch book, playing cards, etc. And a couple balloons. Hope they like it! (For what it cost, they had better like it!).

7 Likes

I have ordered from them a couple of times…they will like it! I ordered a monogrammed mickey ears hat and autograph book for our first trip and a cute mickey pants bag filled with goodies and happy bday ears etc for my sons bday trip! Thinking of ordering some Christmas surprise for our Dec trip.

2 Likes

I am thinking of a Christmas surprise too. Maybe you can let me know what you are doing and I will just steal your ideas!!! My daughter really wants a tree, but I am thinking more of stockings with treats. It doesn’t look like they deliver on Christmas Day. It would be fun to have a special delivery.

Well you can pack a bag with all of the surprises, and find a reason to get everyone out of the room. Tell them to go swimming, pretend to be sick, something, then decorate yourself. A lot cheaper that way.

2 Likes

I’ve thought about bringing surprises, but…it’s more magical when Mickey brings them! But you are right. Much cheaper.

Depends…I just last week was in Disney for our 20th Wedding Anniversary, and I packed some decorations. Some the simple standard Halloween decorations, but some that I made.

I cut out 10 mickey shaped heads from black poster board, then I scanned and printed different pictures of me and my husband and glued them to the Mickey heads. He went out for a snack, and I immediately began decorating. When he came back to the room he was speechless with what I did. And okay the pictures made it extra special.

3 Likes