In progress Caribbean Beach Trip report (Nov 29-Dec9)

December 3rd-Animal Kingdom.

It was so so so busy. We waited 65 minutes for a Safari, which had a posted 35 minute wait. Frustrating start. I splurged for a flight of passage LL because that’s still the best ride at Disney, even after riding Rise twice. Struck out getting a seat at nomad lounge, 2ish hour wait. So Junior and I rode Everest, watched some kite tails and bailed from the madness.

Still fun, but animal kingdom really needs some crowd eaters.

8 Likes

I think if you choose a picture size other than original it will rotate your pics to landscape.

Rum drink by the pool! I love how you vacation!

2 Likes

Completely agree.

Again I agree.

Bummer re: Nomad

December 4th-Epcot

We went in later around 1ish because we had Candlelight Processional dining package for an 8:30 show. Managed a walk up reservation to Via Napoli for lunch, so glad because I’ve always wanted to eat there, but something always seemed to get in the way.

Ate a pizza, rode Remy again, meandered around World Showcase to catch all the Christmas tales, nice easy day.

(little bit of forced perspective, pizza wasn’t THAT big)

After Candleight, we decided to catch harmonius again, since it wasn’t a lomg wait. We ended up watching it from the bridge by the international gateway, which I would argue was a better spot than face on witht the Stargate. There was no crowd and the view was spectacular.

7 Likes

December 5-Magic Kingdom

Christmas party- no wait- After Hours day. Disney World parties usually entail special merchandise(event pins, t-shirts, etc) There was nothing for this, oh well, saved me $$$. What a long day though. I’d really like to say the after hours price was worth it, I waver back and forth. The fireworks were neat, nearly everything was a walk on, but it didn’t really feel christmasy? My memory might be going, but I seem to remember a lot more decor in the parks, especially MK. Once you’re off Main St, there really was nothing special. The castle looked cool though.

We had a spectacular view of Enchanted, right by the Partners Statue. It was my 3rd favorite fireworks show I saw on the trip, behind Harmonious and the Christmas fireworks. Even up close, the projections are just dull. No one in our group wanted to stay and watch them again on our 2nd MK day… Oh well

6 Likes

(genie+ photo lenses are fun)

12 Likes

December 6th-Resort day

My favorite day of the whole trip. We went to my favorite restaurant, Ohana, followed by grandma taking junior back to CBR for a movie, while the wife and I went to Trader Sams.

Trader Sams, never been there, and never will a future trip go by where I don’t visit again. Easily the most fun I had the whole trip. if you have never been, I can not recommend it enough.

I only wish I had taken more pics, but we were having to much fun/alcohol to think about it

(yes, I bought all the mugs)

15 Likes

Dec 7th-Hollywood Studios

Short day, really only for lunch at Sci Fi, a drink at Oga’s and to ride rise one last time.

Sci Fi was terrible, like really really awful. So awful I don’t want to talk about it, I’d rather strike it from my memory forever. Oga’s was OK, just popped in for a mediocre drink and to steal some coasters. It really would be nice if there was seating, but it is what it is.

The real unexpected highlight of the day was our dinner reservation at Beaches and Cream. I made this ressie for the ice cream, thinking it would be a nice treat for the family on the tail end of our trip. The surprise? THE GREATEST GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH I’VE EVER HAD.

I don’t even really like grilled cheese, I just wanted something small because I knew what awaited us ice cream wise. No joke, this was a top 5 meal ive ever had at disney, maybe even top 3

(#1 tiffins-pork belly ramen, #2 ohana-everything)

this grilled cheese got so much in my head, that it’s what i’m currently eating as i type this. (they told me the secret was garlic cream cheese)

8 Likes

Done eating, can confirm, garlic cream cheese is a game changer and my post Christmas Keto plans are in great jeopardy

7 Likes

:anguished:

:+1:t3:

As the spread on the side of the bread you grill?? Or inside with the cheese?

2 Likes

spread on the inside with the cheese

3 Likes

OK that Lady & Tramp pic is absolutely hilarious :joy:

I also 100% agree about the lack of Christmasy feel in MK. It definitely felt the least Christmasy of all the park to me. HS was the best. I also agree it was weird there was no party/after hours merchandise. Overall the merch selection was really lacking all over the parks.

3 Likes

My wife joked that there was more Starbucks themed 50th anniversary merch in the emporium than Disney themed.

2 Likes

Dec 8-Magic Kingdom

Alright, let’s finish this up. I always end a trip with MK, because there’s something satisfying about your last experience being a great fireworks show. Buuuuut, we didn’t care to watch Enchanted again, so we booked a last-minute reservation at Paradiso 37 for dinner. Enchanted might be a good show, it probably is. But following Happily Ever After, it’s still a downgrade in my opinion.

Paradiso 37 was a nice dinner, I lobbied for Jaleo, but was outvoted. One weird thing I wanted to mention about the trip was the cleanliness. I’m so used to Disney being obscenely clean, maybe it’s selective memory. There was so much trash and it was sad. Not blaming the custodial staff at all, i saw empty water bottles so far back in the landscaping it had to have been thrown there. And cigarette butts! In the park! I, no joke, counted 4 in MK on our last day. And I saw someone smoking out in the open outside the queue for Runaway Railway the day before. Disney really needs to get their staffing back in order.

I realize I may sound like I’ve done a bit of complaining and it sounds like I didnt have fun. Absolutely not the case. Disney is always my happy place and I cat wait until the next trip.

9 Likes

How was the transportation from Caribbean Beach to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom? Does it take a long time to ride the bus to those locations?

Not real bad. Our room was about a three minute walk to the Jamaica bus stop. Never encountered a full bus. Longest wait for a bus was maybe 15 minutes? Both were about 30 trips. Not terrible

2 Likes