In-park moments that make you weepy

The end of the Frozen sing-a-long with the precipitation gets me.
The end of the BATB HS show also gets me weepy.
Give me all the adventure but I guess the shows hit my emo side!

7 Likes

I’m not a crier, but I get the feels when:

#1 with a bullet is a weird nostalgia thing. I remember it when I was about 7 years old with my parents, and it’s just about as cheesy as Small World, but, I freekin absolutely LOVE Peter Pan. That little thump when you start flying when the ride starts. I could stay on Pan all day long, just give me a sandwich and a few other snacks, maybe a Pineapple Float. The scenes on that ride are so stupid, and cheesy, but flying in that car takes me waaaaaay back to losing my mind in Disneyworld with my little black Mickey ears on with my name embroidered on em, blue Keds, white knee socks, and Mickey shirt.

#2 Splash - the little stupid view of the castle before the big drop. That’s a picture perfect view.

#3. The Speedway. If the stink wasn’t so bad, this is an easy one to watch all of the little kids’ eyes light up. You can easily tell which ones are having a blast driving their own real car. I was one of those kids a zillion years ago.

#4. is just seeing the outside of Space Mt. I literally lost my mind on Space Mt when I was a kid. I remember it vividly. Now it’s just a bland kiddie coaster in the dark, but the first time as a kid - blew my mind.

10 Likes

When I look up ahead of me and see DS10 and DS8 holding hands as they walk through the park. And darn if I can never get my phone out in time for a picture!

9 Likes

Walking into MK on the first day and seeing the castle.

6 Likes

Oh man, I think the two I can recall are with my kids - the first ride for all of us on Soarin’. Kids then were 7 and 10 and looking over at their faces as we rose up to the screen and it started. :face_holding_back_tears:

The one that really got me was the first time we saw HEA and kids were probably 10 and 13 then. When it gets to the point in the story when the complex transitions and music all break into…

Look inside yourself. You are more than what you have become. Remember who you are. Remember. Remember…

Looking over at my family there too, I was triple :face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears::face_holding_back_tears:

8 Likes

Cry in the parks? I cry when I step on to Main Street and hear the music. I cried watching FotLK. I cried watching my DGDs try to pop the bubbles in the old Nemo show. I cry watching them watch the Frozen Sing Along.

9 Likes

Every time I, uh, fly.

Especially if I get one of the areas that lets me exit by James, Jon, and Joe’s handprints so I can “say thank you”.

5 Likes

The one I remember most: DD@9 meeting Tigger (her favorite) and Pluto (uncles favorite). She had brought the Tigger her uncle gave as a baby shower gift to me, poor thing has lost it’s stripes from love lol. She’d told them her uncle passed but she brought “Little Tig” to meet them. They gave her and Little Tig big hugs and didn’t rush her. After, it was like she had a bit of weight off her, just smiling and talking about how her uncle would be happy.
She still talks about them at 14.

6 Likes

Can I add: at the end of the trip when I get my room folio I always get a tear in my eye

:blowfish:

17 Likes

Yep. This moment right here. I cannot wait to see this show again.

3 Likes

I can only think of one time I cried during the moment at WDW and that was at the end of Savi’s with then DD10 and DS8 when they had them hold up their sabers and said “you are as unique as the light sabers you have built here today”

I didn’t cry in the moment but I do now when I reflect back on our very first trip almost exactly 5 years ago (we went MLK weekend). We were gassed and let the kids go wild with a bubble wand on the hub grass. Hands down fave memory of that trip all my tiny kiddos indulging in that childhood joy of bubbles with the castle as the backdrop. :european_castle:

12 Likes

HEA with my DD. Everytime we were there, we had to go see HEA. Everytime, she was sobbing on the way out of the park. THIS is what makes me weeepy.

7 Likes

Yeah, I was actually super impressed with how effective the Savi’s experience was. I was building a lightsaber for someone else, and it was little hard, afterward, to give it up.

3 Likes

Getting to the gates with the music. Everyone is just so excited and anxious. I love the energy in the air.

I grew up poor always dreamt of going to Disney.

Eventually I had an AP to Disneyland and it hit me: 10 year old me would totally think we had made it.

9 Likes

Oh ya! Forgot about this but definitely on the list of misty moments for me. Such a satisfying memory and moment.

2 Likes

Not in-park per se, but this video made me cry

Go to min 9:30, when this old lady with a smile on her face tries to keep her balance as she hugs Dopey …

:face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

I’m going to have to listen to the full HEA on my drive home today now. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

After being away for 22 years, standing beside Roy’s statue and looking up Main St at that castle with my girls standing around me.

Then on the last day in the park, hearing There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and recalling the Sherman Bros. say the man with a dream they’re singing about was Walt.

11 Likes

Yes! Everything about the first trip back was emotional in the best way.

2 Likes