In Need of Joy

I stole it from a friend. I get confused easily. She gave me a recipe in this format. It was brilliant. It keeps me focused and organized.

2 Likes

December 10, 2019

Amazingly, we were not that jet lag this first morning despite the time zone difference. We woke up around 8:30 am, which is 5:30 am PST. Come to think of it, we woke up yesterday morning at 5:30 am EST. Today was MVMCP #1! :heart_eyes: The hotel provided free breakfast. I thought we would indulge in a malted Mickey waffle to start off our Disney adventures.

We were off to Disney Springs by 10 am! :hugs: When we drove pass Hotel Plaza Blvd, I thought it looked familiar and felt like we should have turned. But Google Maps told us to get on HWY 4, pass DS, and loop back around to the Lime Garage. :thinking: Really? When did WDW build 3 humongous parking garages? In 2012, it was all surface parking at DS. We parked on the first floor of the Lime Garage and had to take the escalator upstairs to get out to DS. Wow! DS is huge, completely redone, and what a vibe! First, we went to Guest Services to make sure our tickets were prioritized. We had two days of MVMCP tickets and a 7-day park ticket. We wanted to make sure our MVMCP tickets came first. We wandered around gawking at the Christmas decorations, reminisced about places we remembered from 2012, and finally made our way to the Christmas Tree Trail.

The themed trees for different characters were very cool. I’m envious of Disney’s Christmas decorating budget! My favorite tree was the WDW tree at the beginning of the Trail followed by the Toy Story Tree. We always love the Days of Christmas store but used all our will power to steer clear. DH and I can lose the shirts off of our backs in that store! :moneybag::money_mouth_face:

We bought the alien in the teacup ornament but the saucer broke off on the plane. I’ll need to take a little hot glue to it.

It was time for us to leave for Port Orleans for lunch. We debated driving vs. taking the boat. We drove. The guard waved us in after looking at our driver’s license. I thought I would try my hand at mobile ordering. I ordered jambalaya but couldn’t find beignets through mobile ordering. We wandered the property to check it out before heading to lunch at 12:30 pm. There were hardly any guests in Sassagoula! But I hit “I’m here” in mobile ordering and went to pick up my order. At the end of the day, it would have been faster if we had just ordered in person when we got there. We learned after this to check out the lines before mobile ordering. The jambalaya was plentiful, in terms of rice and cornbread.

We ate one of our Costco Chicken Caesar Salads, also because we have to have greens! :wink:

After lunch, we wandered around and found the Mickey shaped beignets nearby at Scat Cat Club’s CafĂ©. Again, there was no line. We inhaled 3 of those delicious beignets and vowed we would be back. :heart_eyes::yum: Sadly, we never did go back. :sob: Next trip

We ate 2 of them before we remembered to take a picture to tempt our kids who were taking finals!

Since the Hampton didn’t charge for parking, we decided to keep the car for the week. Having a car puts us in control and gave us options. But it was cheaper to rent for a day from MCO, return it in the Disney area, and then rerent for 4 days from the Disney area than it was to rent for the 5 days from MCO and return it in the Disney area. (Does that make sense?) It does take time but we knew we would have time. So, we headed off to Enterprise Car Rental at the Wyndham at Bonnet Creek to exchange the car. But, she redid the paper work and gave us back the same car because she didn’t have any other car!

We arrived at the TTC at 2:40 pm after getting lost again! :rage: We blame Google Maps! It didn’t get us to the correct entrance. Kinda like a repeat of last night when we missed the Wilderness Lodge turn. We got directed to park close to the entrance to the monorail, in the Jafar parking lot. We stopped by the ticket booth to double check our tickets’ prioritization again. We monorailed to MK and made our way through the masses to the MVMCP lines on the far right. We were still close to the front of the pack, about 30 groups of guests before the tapstiles. It was a sold out party.

We had two nights of MVMCP, December 10th and 12th. And I had already redone our touring plans for the parties before we left home because it was scheduled to rain on December 12th. I wrote about both parties here: [Two Nights of MVMCP Very Different Experiences For First Timers].

DH and I were very, very underdressed for the Party. I had on a t-shirt with Mickeys and DH had on a Hawaiian Mickey shirt. But the party guests were decked out for Christmas! I was thankful I had at least my Christmas Mickey ears. I was very disappointed that they were completely sold out of party ornaments and had very limited sizes for the Party t-shirts. :weary: I had money I was eagered to spend and Disney didn’t have what I wanted!

Do you see Snow White on Dopey’s lap?

We ran into DB, DSIL, and the nephew 2.5 outside of MK at 12:30 AM. We knew we would overlap by a couple of days but we each had different activities planned. What were the odds of us running into each other like that unplanned? They were finished with dinner and fireworks at CG and were trying to get back to CSR with a very hyper 2.5 year old! The monorail station was packed but we got to the car by 1 am and back to our hotel by 1:20. We crashed. We immensely enjoyed ourselves at the party and looked forward to another night of MVMCP. :partying_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::grinning:

We LOVE, LOVE :two_hearts: the projections on the castle! They were so cool.

16 Likes

So surreal to send your baby off to the real world in the middle of all of this! Hugs! The report is great - fueling my hopes of hitting up MVMCP that same week this December!

1 Like

It sounds like you did everything you could to make your daughter’s break special. I’m sure she is very grateful for it all. At some point you can have the party for her graduation etc. Who knows maybe they’ll even offer some kind of graduation ceremony. Here the local public high schools are promising to redo proms and grads but I don’t know when or how.

2 Likes

DD is very grateful. She’s a lovely, dependable, thoughtful, and grateful daughter. I am blessed to be called her mom.

Most colleges are debating between a virtual graduation or a December graduation. It won’t be the same. And a December graduation would be iffy if COVID-19 comes back in the late fall. Some kids don’t even show up for college commencement. But in the big picture, commencement is not that important. We will celebrate, one day.

High school senior year is a whole different ball game. High school senior is a much bigger deal. It’s the end of childhood. There is Grad Night, Senior Ball, Awards’ Night, Graduation, and all the other fun activities. And how do you gather everyone back up for events past the end of the school year?

5 Likes

Good Morning! I just sent this picture to DD as she starts her first adult job this morning. I’m hoping it will warm her heart and bring a smile to her face as she heads out the door.

I bought DS19 this adorable Pluto from the Disney Store in Downtown Disney, Anaheim last fall when I went to visit him in Irvine. As the school quarter got tough, I wanted Pluto to bring a smile to his face, reminding him of the upcoming WDW vacation.

I bought this equally adorable Olaf during the December trip. Somehow in our household, Pluto and Olaf have become BFF.

9 Likes

Good luck to DD today. Hope Pluto’s smile brightens her first day.

5 Likes

Aw, that breaks my mama heart! I’m glad your daughter is doing okay and that she has a job to go to anyway. Thanks for sharing about your trip!

1 Like

It has been raining heavily most of today and I had to work. Now on to something to cheer me up and bring some joy despite the ongoing COVID-19 traffic news.

December 11, 2019

Though it was a very late night of fun last night, we were up by 9 am and out the door at 10:10 am. The morning and early afternoon were all about eating! :heart_eyes::yum: We just had drinks and fruit at the hotel’s breakfast area to get us going. We parked in the Orange Garage. We wandered all of Disney Springs, but especially the World of Disney. If only I had money for a shopping spree

A couple of throwbacks: DD19 was here on his 12th birthday in 2012.:

And we had the kitchen sink to celebrate his 12th birthday. He was hot and sweaty and that ice cream became soup quickly, even though there were 7 of us eating it. :

Then, it was time to eat! We had the ribs, shrimp tempura roll, and egg rolls at Morimoto’s Asian Street Food. The ribs were delicious. I found a recipe for the ribs online but have yet to try it out. The tempura shrimp wasn’t crunchy and it was just typical. The egg rolls were soggy! That just ruined the whole egg roll. We were disappointed. I perked up at the site of poutine. I’ve never had any but what can go wrong with French Fries? We ordered the Italian Poutine – French Fries, Mozzarella, Pecorino Romano, and Turkey Bolognese Sauce. It was totally AMAZING and so filling. We were getting full. :disappointed:

But we still had room for dessert at Amorette’s, Crùme Brulee and NY Cheesecake. They were worth every calorie! They were so, so delicious. They satisfied our sweet tooths. Unfortunately, we couldn’t eat anymore. We were stuffed.

But look at all the other desserts we still needed to try! They are begging to be eaten! :heart_eyes::yum::slightly_frowning_face: At this time while I was drooling over the case, I was secretly planning to buy one of each dessert to eat on the plane ride home! Hey, why not? There will be four of us and it will be a 5+ hour flight, not including the wait time at the airport.

I still had a list of other foods to try! :sob: So much for snacking through DS.

We decided to leave the car at DS to tour the Epcot Area Resorts, since we weren’t sure if we would be able to park at any of them. We caught the bus from DS to Boardwalk at 2:30 pm. Wow!

The resort is beautiful and the Boardwalk gingerbread replica is so intricate.

If you haven’t seen the minute details in the bakery:

We walked over to Swan AND Dolphin. (What’s with the dolphin statues on the roof of the building? They don’t look like dolphins.) There wasn’t much there to gawk at

We felt that we wasted so many steps for our tired feet to walk out to these hotels and then back to Boardwalk! But 3 scoops of ice cream at Ample Hills Creamery melted away the tiredness and gave us the needed sugar rush to continue on.

Too bad I don’t have any ice cream in the freezer while we are sheltering in place. :anguished:

To save on steps for our tired feet, we took the boat to Yacht Club. The boat went back and forth to Yacht Club continuously and there was hardly any line. It was already 4 pm when we boarded. This is the feathered friend who welcomed us aboard.

The miniature villages with the working train is like 
 TOTALLY AMAZING! I’ve seen many train villages in my life but this one tops it all by far. I could have enjoyed the ornate and detailed miniature villages all day. There was just so much to see in the details. The front is the typical old fashioned winter village but with much more detailing.

The back side was even more impressive as it took me to Disney’s imagination land and the detailing was over the top. This is just a sampling.

I tore myself away to look at the gorgeous tree:

I wanted to look some more but DH dragged me away and we went next door to Beach Club to see the Gingerbread Carousel. Wow! Disney ceases to amaze me. We stood there and found all of the hidden Mickeys.

There is just so much sugar! How does Disney keep the ants away? I don’t want to know.

DH loved the Epcot area and said it would be nice to stay there. The Boardwalk was very empty when we were there. I would venture to say that it is the quietest Boardwalk I’ve ever been on! I researched the Epcot area resorts when we got home and we determined it really wasn’t worth the money for us to stay there unless we got a really great last minute deal on a DVC stay.

Alas, it really was time to leave for dinner at the Three Bridges Bar and Grill at Coronado Springs. We decided to leave the car at DS and just bus to CSR. We took the bus to MK and transferred to a bus to CSR. It took us an hour to get to CSR from Beach Club! Here is the Christmas tree in CSR. Compared to other trees in DS and the Deluxe Resorts, this tree is just run of the mill.

We were tired and hungry. And it was very cold. It was not in the 80s like last night. It was in the low 60s and windy. The restaurant is in the middle of the lake, accessible by three bridges, hence the name of the restaurant. Well, like Geyser Point, this too was an open air restaurant. Located in the middle of the lake makes it great in warm weather but even more chilly when it is cold. It wouldn’t have been so cold if the heating lamps would stay on. We were really cold even though we ordered hot drinks. But the food was yummy. We had the Harissa Lamb Chops, Grilled Sirloin Steak, and Warm Churros. We have finally gotten over Disney’s Food sticker shock. We took the bus back to DS and dashed to the warmth of the car, where we had sweatshirts!

Our feet were aching so we went to Winn-Dixie to buy some Epsom Salt to soak our feet!

16 Likes

So many great pictures. We love the Boardwalk area. It really gets packed when weather is nice.

2 Likes

December 12, 2019

Our feet :footprints: felt so much better this morning after a soak in Epsom Salt last night! We had to be okay to walk lots because it was MVMCP #2 :partying_face: tonight! We left our hotel at 10 am (Anyone else noticing this 10 AM out the door pattern?:roll_eyes:) for DS and went to park in the Lime Parking Structure. It was starting to drizzle. People here rave about the Disney Springs PhotoPass Studio. We went and were very disappointed with the quality of the pictures in terms of clarity and exposure. Posing was awkward in some. We were the only guests using the Studio. They could have made time to pose us better. I posted about that here: Love Affair is Over with Memory Maker.

I was lamenting to the manager at the PhotoPass desk that unlike my 2012 PhotoPass/Memory Maker, my 2019 Memory Maker did not include stock photos. He handed me the CD! I was so taken aback to be pixie dusted. When I open the CD on my computer at home, I was so glad I didn’t buy the stock photos. It was not representative of current stuff. It annotated on some file folders that those events were no longer happening. They could have redone the CD if they were selling it!

We really wanted some mac & cheese at the food truck. This is the third time we have gone there and it has never been open!

We drove from DS to the TTC at 11:30 am and were parked far out, in Peter Pan. I’m surprised we were calm enough to remember to note the section we were parked in and our stall number. In 12 Âœ hours, we were not going to be that alert to readily recall where we were parked that morning and our brains would be shutting down. We packed our ponchos and umbrellas and were totally excited as we went to take the tram to the monorail station. We were going to tour the MK Deluxe Resorts. While the station was crowded, there was no line for the resort monorail, which we took to the Grand Floridian.

GF decked for Christmas tugged at my romantic heart :heart_eyes:. We were in awe with the lifesized gingerbread house but even more amazed with the detailing.

We drooled over the treats but didn’t buy any of the treats. All the while, I’m thinking in my head, where are the ants?

After an hour of basking in the ambience of GF, we went through security and headed to the Poly on the monorail. It was raining. We went to Captain Cook’s for lunch and once again were going to mobile order. But there were hardly any guests in there at 1:30 pm. So we didn’t bother with mobile ordering. We ordered the Hawaiian Tamarin Wings and Pan Asian Noodles with shrimp. The wings were delicious but we only got 6 pieces. The noodles were
 terrible. They were hard, almost crunchy. When we got our food, the ordering area filled up. We were still hungry so we went to the Pineapple Lanai for Dole Whips :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yum::money_mouth_face:. It was pouring rain! We are not big shoppers but we love to browse the Disney store at every resort. Most of the stuff is the same in every store but there are some items unique to the resort. There is not much Christmas decorations at the Poly.

We went through security to monorail to the Contemporary at 2:30 pm. We looked at the gingerbread display briefly.

While I went to the restroom, DH went into the store (of course). I had to drag him out of the store to walk to MK. This was our dry run for rope dropping on Sunday. It took a couple of false starts before we found the path to walk to MK.

By this time, we had toured all of the Christmas Decorations at deluxe resorts but AKL. Our favorites for Christmas Decorations in order from most favorite are: Yacht Club, Grand Floridian tied with Wilderness Lodge, Boardwalk, Beach Club, Contemporary, Poly.

It had stopped raining and we were the 6th group in line behind the tapstile, just barely under the awning. This party was not sold out. It just drizzled a little bit. We were let in later today, at 3:42 pm.

Again, the party report is here.

The much acclaimed zoom picture in MK had clarity issue or maybe I’m just picky! I think the camera lens, sitting on top of a building may have been wet.

It did pour most of the evening but I had planned for it.

We got done what we wanted and I even got the lantern pictures I wanted! These are my favorite PhotoPass photos.

By the time we got down to Main Street for fireworks , the crowds were nonexistent and it wasn’t raining. Days later, I read on Lines that almost all of the outdoor party events were cancelled that night and people either asked for a refund or a party ticket for another night. We didn’t ask for anything. We made the most out of the situation. On Tuesday, we were just in front of the Partners statue for fireworks. I thought that many of the fireworks were behind the castle. Tonight, we stood near the ice cream parlor. The fireworks in relation to the castle were better but because we were much further back, iPhone pictures were hard. I feel mixed about where I like to stand to watch the fireworks. I have never liked the masses of people pressing against me as I’m trying to enjoy the fireworks. After practicing social distancing into Week 4, I like those types of crowds even less. Both nights, someone in front of us was recording the fireworks the entire time on their phone. I felt it ruined the ambience a bit. Smartphones make it challenging for people to enjoy the moment.

In front of the Partners Statue

Next to Ice Cream Parlor

Which location do you like better for watching fireworks?

We had to walk all the way to the Peter Pan section because the tram didn’t seem to be running readily. We got back to the hotel by 1 am because the crowd was light at the monorail station. Here is our loot of party treats over two nights that we didn’t eat.

The included treats were just okay. Take this with a grain of salt. We are used to fresh baked cookies. I have balls of frozen cookie dough in my freezer ready when a sweet tooth strikes. Fresh baked cookies in 12-18 minutes. We tried all the treats. Our favorite treats were the freshly baked snowman pretzels and the ginger molasses cookies. The included drinks were watery but we liked the cider the best. Most of the packaged treats were left with our tip for housekeeping each day. I really wanted this orange bird treat. It was almost too cute to eat. The lopsidedness made it even more adorable. It was delicious and tasty.

Isn’t the castle pretty? We enjoyed the parties. We missed our kids enjoying them with us. Would we do one again? I don’t know. That’s why we did two parties on this trip to get it all in.

8 Likes

December 13, 2019

We got up around 8:45 am and had drinks and fruit again at the hotel’s breakfast area before heading out the door at 10 am. We were saving our tummies for special anniversary lunch. This heading out the door at 10 am business will need to end when we start our 7-day park pass on Sunday! We parked at the Lime Parking Garage and rushed back to the Disney Springs PhotoPass Studio to do pictures again. Again, nobody was in line but we still didn’t like the pictures, awkwardly poised, lighting issues

We had noon reservations for Fogo de Chao for our special anniversary meal. Early on, we were scheduled to stay at the DoubleTree at DS and we wouldn’t have had a car. The special meal would have to be somewhere at WDW. I suggested Victoria & Albert. DH said the menu was too adventurous for him. (Since then, he has planned a birthday dinner for me at French Laundry in June. He said he’s been perusing their menu regularly and the only thing he won’t eat is the raw oyster. With COVID-19, I’m not sure we’ll get to go.) We threw around Flying Fish and Yachtman’s since we were planning to go to CG with the family. We settled on Flying Fish and had reservations.

When we changed hotel to the Hampton and decided to keep a car, the world for a special anniversary dinner opened up! I came up with Fogo de Chao for dinner. I love meat (particular nice red meats), though I don’t eat much meat anymore. My grandfather was a boutique butcher and we had lots of nice cuts of meats available growing up to enjoy. I still remember the weekly filet mignons or rack of lambs through most of my teen years. I miss my Grandpa for more than meat! Then, I saw that lunch was $39.95/person, $16 less per person and it was the same menu as dinner! That’s a $32 savings before tax and tip! We were going to have lunch for our special anniversary meal at Fogo de Chao.

Since it was close to Christmas, there were a couple of companies hosting their Christmas parties. No worries. There was plenty of food and the servers kept on replenishing the salad bar and coming out with meats. We’ve been to Brazilian BBQ at other places before but Fogo de Chao is the cream of the crop of Brazilian BBQ places. The salad bar is not your neighborhood family soup and salad buffet place (In the SF Bay Area, it is Sweet Tomatoes.) The salad bar was high end and included a nice Charcuterie Board. We could have just feasted on the salad bar and would have been satisfied.

But we wanted to enjoy the meats. It is best to eat the meats piping hot. Get one piece of meat at a time. Don’t worry, meats were plentiful and deliciously seasoned. While we savored most cuts, we took seconds for the higher end meats. We noticed that the cheaper cuts, such as sirloin, were making more frequent rounds than the filet mignon, lamb, rib eye, and the prime part of the Top Sirloin. Gorgeous looking!:heart_eyes:

The meal also came with sides of bread, caramelized bananas, and garlic mash potatoes. We just sampled them because they were fillers.

We were stuffed and rolled ourselves out of the restaurant at 2 pm.

On the way to lunch, DS called. He was done with finals and packing to leave for WDW in the morning. While talking to him, my throat felt funny and I coughed a bit. :grimacing::anguished: I paused and then asked if he would bring his Albuterol inhaler and all of his allergy meds. I was hoping the little bit of coughing was a fluke. Unfortunately, I will come back to this coughing topic again.

We were planning to join the free culinary food tour at Jiko and Boma. I got conflicting start times for the tour, anywhere from 3:45 pm – 4:30 pm. The guard waved us into Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. The Christmas tree in the midst of the lobby is breathtaking.

I asked a CM at Guest Services what time the Culinary Food Tour began. He said 4 PM. We enjoyed the ambience of AKL’s lobby while we waited for the tour.

A few minutes before 4, we went downstairs and waited. Other people were milling around waiting. 4 pm came and went. A CM showed up at 4:15 pm and started the tour in Jiko, talking about her own country and the restaurant design relative to the African culture. I don’t remember which Sub-sahara country she was from. We had a sample of bread service with some dips. We went over to Boma and a CM from Zimbabwe greeted us and gave us a history and talking about the restaurant design relative to the African culture, and also talking about her own country. We got to sample some butternut squash soup and a Zebra Dome. This one dude swallowed the whole Zebra dome and then asked if it was gluten free. Come on! If you had Celiac Disease or were gluten sensitive, you would know that baked goods tend to have gluten.

I had planned for bread service at the Saana Lounge but we were still stuffed from lunch. We returned to the hotel to do laundry, pack to move hotel tomorrow, and soak our feet in Epsom Salt!

7 Likes

December 14, 2019

We had to get up earlier today to get to Amorette’s in DS for our Cake Decorating Cake. We left the hotel at 8 am and parked in the Lime Parking Structure. Amorette’s let us in at 8:45 am. We each got to choose a drink before we sat down at our table. The pastry chef told us about the store’s history, the store’s owners, the Patisserie, how they bake and prepare their pastries, and her own personal history before we got started. She explained that our dome cakes took 3 days to make! She explained that they use Italian Buttercream for their cakes. It is not sweet like American Buttercream. Check out our sample of Italian Buttercream. We are not big fans of American Buttercream but we licked up the Italian Buttercream! It was light and not overly sweet.

We also got a sample of the chocolate dome cake with chocolate mousse and jelly. :yum: (Sorry, we ate it too quickly for a picture!)

Then, they bought out our dome cake, which looked like unbaked bread to us. It was frozen and already frosted with Italian Buttercream. We had to pour the glaze 3 times. After each pour, they took it to quick freeze. We painted the white chocolate parts: ears, tail, and buttons. We customized our ears with “25” since we were celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We put the cake together and it looked pretty amazing! We packed it up in an impressive hat box because one of the owners is really into hats.

We kept the cake at the store while we went back to the hotel to check out, pack up the car, go to lunch, and pick up some more groceries.

We had lunch at Flippers. We were there in 2012 and it was very good. The menu has gotten more gourmet but the food is still delicious. We got half and half: California Classic and Pig & Pesto. Both were delicious. We had leftovers for dinner.

We went next door to Gooding’s to pick up some more lunchmeat and bags of salads. Prices are high and choices are limited.

We went to pick up our dome cake at Amorette’s. The parking lot was super crowded. DH dropped me off while he went off to look for parking. DS was super crowded with masses of humanity everywhere! With our cake safely in the car, we went to check into the Hilton at Bonnet Creek. Bell services came out with a luggage cart, unloaded the cases of drinks and our luggage, and hauled it away. It was only 2:30 PM and check in was at 4. But our room was ready. I went to the room while DH went to return the car at Enterprise across the street at the Wyndam. I called bell service when I got to our room. They came and unloaded everything into our room. Our dome cake, box and all, just fit into our mini fridge.

Our room and bathroom were generously sized. DH went into the lazy river. It was a warm day but the wind made it cold while he was floating along. I reheated the pizza wrapped in foil on top of the iron! It worked really well!

The kids arrived at the hotel at 8 PM from MCO. Chaos ensued while they settled their stuff into our hotel room. Suddenly, the generously sized room seemed very small! We all had a slice of our dome cake.
There was enough for everyone to have another slice tomorrow. Early to bed for RD tomorrow!

DH and I have had a fun :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::partying_face::hugs: week celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary!

9 Likes

December 15, 2019

Note to me for future trip
 Don’t schedule a RD for a park opening at 8 AM the day after arriving from CA! :crazy_face: But then, when will Disney have such crushing RD crowds again?:worried::cry:

The kids were troopers even though their bodies were still on PST. They rolled out of bed at 6:15 AM and we were waiting for our Lyft ride to MK by 6:55 AM. Everyone had milk on the way out the door. DH ate one of the leftover MVMCP cookies. We asked to be dropped off at the Contemporary Resort. We were prepared to say we were having breakfast at the Contempo at the gate. But the guard waved our driver in after he told them he was doing a drop off and he showed the guard his license. Lyft normally drops off at the lobby at the top of the hill. We asked him to turn left immediately after the guard shack to drop us off. That would save us a walk from the top of the hill. We were planning on buying something at Contemp if we had to tell the guard we were going there. We didn’t want to lie. I was so thankful we didn’t actually need to go buy something at Contempo. We zipped through security on the way to MK and were waiting near the taps at 7:20 AM. There was barely a crowd. The taps opened at 7:30 AM and we sauntered down Main Street. Since Disney changed MK’s opening to an hour earlier after we got FPP, I was able to snag FPP for 7DMT for 8:30 AM. While almost everyone was waiting on the right to go to Fantasyland, we were waiting on the left to go through Adventureland. They held us there until 9 AM.

By 9:20, we had ridden BTRM (2x), HM, WTP, LM, and 7DMT; got to enjoy the ambiance, and use the Tangled restrooms. We could have gone on BTRM at third time with little wait but we needed to go to the restroom! :pleading_face: We shared a huge cinnamon roll at Gaston’s at 9:30. It was very sweet.

I was unable to move our Space Mountain and Peter Pan FPPs earlier, even though I tried numerous times all morning. We took some PhotoPass pictures.

Then, we went to ride Barnstormer and Dumbo with very short lines. Buzz’s line was 15 minutes. Afterwards, the kids reacquainted themselves longingly with the ToyStory toys.

We had time to kill before our 11:10 Space Mountain FPP. We just lounged around waiting. I didn’t want to go on Space Mountain because it gave me a headache during MVMCP. So, DD got to ride twice. During her second ride, we went to buy pretzels. They were delicious! :heart_eyes::yum: It was 11:30 and we had gone on 10 rides.

Meanwhile, our PP FPP had switched over to anytime, any ride but 7DMT. Unfortunately, there was no FPP available before our 1:30 pm ADR at BOG. So, we picked up FPP for iasw for 3 pm.

As we headed back towards Fantasyland, we saw this man drawing Disney characters on the ground. They were so cool! Most people just walked by and didn’t notice his characters. We learned that he is a janitor but got to take some drawing classes. During his spare time as a janitor, he gets to draw characters on the ground. He said it makes his day when little ones get excited with his Mickey drawings on the ground. It was a fabulous downtime experience.

We decided to go watch Hall of Presidents before lunch. By the time we arrived at BOG, it was 1:20. They let us in but we waited in line for 30 minutes to pay! We had already preordered lunch online 30 days ago. Why couldn’t they just charge my credit card on file like mobile ordering? Why wasn’t there an option to hit “I’m here!” like mobile ordering? After paying, we got to gawk at the beauty of the different rooms. The restaurant was emptying out and we had our choice of tables. People here said to sit in the West Wing, the Rose Room. But we found it too dark. The Gallery Room seemed out of the way. We sat along the back wall, against one of the windows, watching snow fall.

We shared the French Onion Soup, French Dip Sandwich, Braised Chicken, and the Chicken Salad. The French Onion Soup was on the salty side but we added a little hot water to it and it was good. The rest of the entrees were good. For dessert, we shared a Lemon Meringue Cupcake and a Master’s Cupcake. They were sure tiny for $4.99 + tax apiece. I had high hopes for the Master’s Cupcake based on reviews. It did not live up to the hype for us. The cupcake was dry and lacked chocolate flavor. The grey stuff, well
 We actually enjoyed the Lemon Meringue Cupcake more. We were done with lunch at 2:50 pm.

Our FPP for iasw was at 3 pm. We decided to use our any ride FPP for PP. By going through the FPP line, we missed out on the cool decorations and interactive activities. We sauntered to Main Street and meandered through the stores. We walked up to the Contemporary lobby and caught Lyft at 4 pm back to our hotel. We were all tired. I’m glad I decided early on not to have dinner at CG this evening.

We had bought our electric kettle from home. We ate instant noodles with spinach and some BBQ pork for dinner. This worked well because we took turns eating and showering in our hotel room. We finished our dome cake from Amorette’s. :yum: We called it an early night because we need to RD AK for an 8 AM opening the next day.

I’ve taken my allergy and asthma medicine for 24 hours now. It helped my coughing some but I was still coughing here and there throughout the day.

7 Likes

December 16, 2019

I had a rough night. I had coughing fits, even with all the allergy and asthma medication.

But we all got up around 6 AM to RD AK with EMH at 8. I drugged myself up and we left our room. Our Lyft driver picked us up at 6:45 am. He did something and got pulled over and ticketed by a police officer. I was impatiently waiting for the officer to finish. We were dropped off at AK about 7:10 am. I really wanted to admire the beautifully decorated tree in front but we had to go stand in line.

I’d say we were halfway between the tapstiles and the ticket booth. They let us in just about 7:30 am. The CM scanned our Magic Bands. Then, he asked where we were staying. Ugh! I forgot to pick up our EMH bands from the hotel’s front desk! I told him we were staying at the Hilton at Bonnet Creek and he let us through! Thank you for the pixie dust!

We stayed with the crowd and walking at a quick pace towards Flight of Passage. We didn’t stop walking until they assigned us numbers for the preshow. We did see some people running but we were already missing out on the ambience, the coolness of the dawn, and the awesomeness of Pandoraland. We were standing on number for the preshow at 7:55 am. What a cool ride! It was so immersive. We were off the ride by 8:10 am. We went to stand in line for Navi. It was already a 15 minute wait. We were off of Navi by 8:37 am. The family wanted to explore Pandoraland but I ushered them out. I had snacks (Pongu Lumpia at Pongu Pongu, Pastries, crazy cupcakes, giant cinnamon roll at Creature Comfort, Mac & Cheese at 8 Spoons) on the itinerary but nobody was hungry. Maybe if we had explored Pandoraland, they might have wanted snacks. But we had to keep moving. The line for FOP was way out of Pandoraland! We passed a CM holding “Flight of Passage – End of Line” sign near Nomad’s Lounge at 8:40. And it was still EMH.

We loved Killimanjaro Safaris in 2012. In fact, we rode it twice. But the family didn’t want to ride it this time after we had such a feast for the eyes on our true wildlife tour in Denali National Park in 2018.

So, we headed to Everest. We did SB, 10 minute wait. It was 9 AM and I thought there might be a SDD for FOP at 9:01 AM. I was trying to get onto MDE as we were near loading. There wasn’t a 9:01 SDD. DD and DS wanted another ride. They did SR but got to sit together. We moved on.

We arrived at Dinosaur at 9:30 AM. The SB was 15 minutes. It was closer to 20 minutes. We were off the ride by 10 AM. I was miffed nobody wanted to have snacks with me! I wanted a Peppermint Ice Cream Sandwich at Dino-Bite. In hindsight, I should have just eaten them by myself. AK has wonderful snacks and I hardly ate any all day.

PW was running. I remember going on a similar ride at DLR when the kids were young. They loved the ride. DH and I hated it because it jerked you around and felt like you were going to fall off the tracks. We all went on it together. Now that the kids can drive, they understood why we hate the ride!

Donald was out greeting guests. We went to stand in line. Alas, it was our turn and he had to take a 5 minute break to check up on his mischievous nephews! DS gave Donald one of his old toy cars that had Donald driving. DS and Donald rolled the car back and forth a couple of times on the ground. Then DS put the car on Donald’s beak for the picture. It was a blast.

We went to stand in line for Chip and Dale. DD gave each of them a handful of nuts to make pie. Chip tried to crack the nuts on the stone wall. It was great interaction.

It was 10:45 am. Our Everest FPP was at 11:05 am. We decided to go see It’s Tough to Be a Bug before riding Everest again at 11:50 am. We stopped to take this on our way back to Everest.

I was planning for lunch at 1 pm but the family was hungry. Duh! We haven’t eaten anything all day! I was picking the food as we walked towards Flame Tree BBQ but I wanted to check out the line before I hit “I’m here!” The line was long! But there were also a lot of people waiting for their mobile orders. DH and the kids went to look for a table. The kids came back but I was still waiting for food. It took 20 minutes to get our food. It was a very warm day and they managed to get a table in partial shade! We shared a rib dinner, Âœ chicken platter, baked mac & cheese with pulled pork, and a chicken salad. We polished off the food. It was delicious. We were comfortably full.

We went to use our FPP for Kali. Nobody got soaked. But the tube behind us got stuck in the water bomb zone! Everybody wanted a second ride on FOP but we were unable to get a FPP for it at any of the drops that day.

Then, it was snack time! The kids shared a very melty Dole Whip. We shared a mini mango pie (We thought it was just okay.) We watched the incredible Harambe Village Acrobats as we ate. I wanted Peppermint Soft serve ice cream but no one would help me eat it. I should have just gotten it!

After eating, we went to see the otters, walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek, and just took the Wildlife Express roundtrip (Just to sit in an uncrowded, cool place for a bit.). We got off the train and went seeking for the Merry Menagerie life sized puppets. Adorable!

It was 4:35 pm and the kids were tired. They wanted to ride FOP again but didn’t want to stand in line for 90 minutes. We suggested they take their dinner from Satuli to eat back at the hotel. The chicken boy ordered a chicken bowl with beans and rice with sauce on the side. The shrimp girl ordered a shrimp bow with noodles and sauce on the side. They shared a blueberry mousse. The restaurant was empty. After they left, DH and I went back to order our dinner. We shared a combo bowl of beef and chicken with salad and order two desserts, blueberry mousse and peppermint cream mousse. While the food was good, especially the desserts, it was barely enough food. And dinner was $10 more than lunch.

SB for FOP was still 90 minutes (as advertised by Disney and Lines) but we decided to go for it. We got in line at 5:50 pm for FOP and we were off by 7:10 pm. We waited 65 minutes. The SB line was awesome but a bit slow. I think one time through the SB is enough. We wandered Pandoraland for awhile and went to see the Tree of Life Awakening. We were enthralled.

I wanted to wander the park some more but the park was closing. It was time to leave. We took the last hotel shuttle from the park. The Hilton at Bonnet Creek has a Disney Store, which included some medicine. I bought some cough drops and a box of Mucinex. While I didn’t cough much during the day with my allergy and asthma medication, I don’t want a repeat of last night’s coughing fits.

4 Likes

Such a great photo!!

4 Likes

December 17, 2019

Another night of coughing fits! Before we left for Epcot, I got online and made an appointment for Thursday morning at AdventHealth Center, Lake Buena Vista. It provides rides back and forth from WDW.

We were tired and didn’t feel like RDing Epcot this morning. We got up at 8 AM and left our room at 8:45 AM to catch the hotel shuttle. Epcot is the hotel’s shuttle second stop. We just needed to arrive at Mission Space by 10 AM for our FPP. We got through security at 9:45 AM and headed to Mission Space. There was no question that we were going to ride Green! We road Orange in 2012 and we felt nauseous for most of the day. Green was much better and we moved on to our TT FPP. The ride was, well, pretty mellow except for the last part. Can you tell from the hair all over DD’s and my face?

The family didn’t want to just tap in to The Seas with Nemo & Friends and leave. So, we rode it. We went to see Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival. It was enjoyable.

It was 12:30 PM and time to indulge in the Festival of the Holidays and our Chip and Dale’s Christmas Tree Spree Scavenger Hunt! I decided not to buy the map for the Hunt for $6.99+ tax. The prize was a glorified paper ornament. In hindsight, I wished I had bought a map for keepsake.

Our first stop was Refreshment Port, where we ordered Brisket Poutine. Did I mention I love French Fries? Everybody loved the poutine.

6cecae94ec2b298fcfa8df314d00fae79636505b_2_375x500

And we would have bought another one if our next stop, Yukon Holiday Kitchen, didn’t have the best food at the Festival. We had Maple Buche, Salmon, and the Rice and Ham Soup. Portions were small for the price. Honestly, it was the best eats at the Festival!

Then, we wandered Canada to look for Chip & Dale. They were easy to spot. Hello!

On to UK. Our first stop her was Yorkshire Country Fish & Chips. The portion of French Fries to fish is much better than in 2012. It was just as delicious as we remembered it to be. We listened to Father Christmas as it sprinkled and stood in line to take a picture with Pooh in Christopher Robin’s room.

We gave Pooh some packs of honey.

We picked up FPP for Soaring at the 1:31 SDD. We wandered the store and hunted for Chip & Dale. It took four of us 2 rounds around the UK to find them.

Mickey and Minnie were out near World Traveler in their classic outfits. We took some pictures with them and asked that they sign some pictures for me to send as a Fairy Godmailer.

We wanted to go ride the Skyliner but it was down. We found Chip & Dale in France on our way to Les Halles for quiche, salad, croissant, strawberry tart, and macaroon.

We visited our favorite camel and found Chip & Dale in Morocco. Remember that wreaths don’t fit into the dĂ©cor of Morocco. Think about where it could be such that it wouldn’t be a sore thumb in the dĂ©cor.

We spent hours in Mitsukosi in 2012 and wished we could bought multitudes of items. This time, we were through the store in about 20 minutes. That included looking for Chip & Dale.

We couldn’t find Chip & Dale in America so it was funnel cake time!

We admired the Washington DC Gingerbread display before watching The America Adventure.

2d1f02b09514f2078b1cc819cefde54168933b5e_2_666x500

We watched part of the Candlelight Processional from the America Christmas Tree. The theater was pretty empty. Where are those mischievous chipmunks? After all, we are in America and Americans love to decorate for Christmas. They were in front of our noses

We had some time to kill before our Soaring FPP. We looked for Chip & Dale in Italy. DH, who has had a hard time finding them thus far, was the first one to find them. He was gloating.

Those rain clouds were angry looking.

We walked back to ride Soaring. It was the first time we’ve seen the World version. Once was good enough. The family wanted a real dinner and it was close to 7 pm. I didn’t make an ADR for Epcot because there is so much to graze on around the world. They wanted Japanese food, clear across the park! We caught the Friendship Boat to save on walking. We ordered an entrĂ©e for each person: Chicken Cutlet Curry Bowl, Tonkotsu Ramen, and two Chicken and Beef Teriyaki Bowls. Good thing. The portions were rather small. But it was a satisfying meal.

We finished eating and caught the last Friendship Boat back to the front of the park to save on walking. We wandered a few stores on the way out to catch the hotel shuttle.

3 Likes

I’m not sure how relevant our experiences during our 2019 WDW trip are to this Christmas season. But it does bring me joy :heart_eyes: to reminisce and hopefully allow you to escape the present for a few moments. And it is just a trip report.

December 18, 2019
It was another rough night with coughing fits for me. Once I fall asleep, I sleep through the night. Good thing I have an appointment at Urgent Care tomorrow morning.

Shortly after ROTR opened, my family made the executive decision not to RD for a BG. Since we live in northern California and with DS19 in college less than 20 miles south of Disneyland, we would catch ROTR in DLR someday later.

We got up at 7 AM and caught our Lyft ride at 8:12 AM, arriving at HS at 8:23 AM. It was a cold day. The high for the day was going to be 60 degrees. Good thing I ran back to the hotel room to grab my layering long sleeved shirt. We tapped into HS just after 8:30 AM. Just for fun, I joined a BG. We got BBG 119. BBG closed at 9:01 AM that day and up to BBG 126 was called. We weren’t that hopeful our BG would be called because we had an 8:15 pm ADR at Storybook Dining.

At 60+3, I got SDD at 5:30 PM. When Disney opened up HS an hour earlier weeks from our trip, I was able to move to 8:30 AM. We had FPP for SDD at 8:30 AM, Star Tour at 9:55 AM, and Muppets 10:55 AM. I tried moving ST and Muppets to earlier times unsuccessfully. I never finalized a TP for HS because of the uncertainties of GE rides. But I had a general idea. It was a drizzly morning and a cold day.

After getting our BG, we went to use our FPP for SDD and then did a 15 minute SB for TSM. We could have done Aliens but didn’t. I really want to meet Woody and Bo but the lines were long. I took a picture of them as they walked by looking nice and warm in their costumes!

We shared a breakfast bowl and Christmas tart at Woody’s. The line was short but we did mobile ordering anyway. Service was fast and the food was yummy. We loved, loved the breakfast bowl!:yum:

We enjoyed the decorations in Toystory Land.

I wanted to take this Magic Shot of us looking surprised as a green soldier parachuted down. CM said it was only available for 15 minutes around noon. Really!

It was after 10 AM. The skies were angry looking and it was windy and cold!

We used our Star Tours FPP, thankful to be out of the cold for a bit. It was as fun as we remember it to be. We checked the wait time for Olaf Meet and Greet, 10 minutes. Let’s go! Olaf was interactive but his handler said because he has sticks for hands and a snowman brain, he couldn’t sign autographs. But he gave the best warm hugs!

When we were done, the wait to visit Olaf was 40 minutes!
It was very cold. We went to Trolley Cafe for hot drinks and shared a carrot cake cookie. This thing is ginormous! We sliced it into 4 pieces and washed it down with hot chocolate or tea. Trolley Café took Starbucks gift cards.

We were just going to tap in for Muppets. But the thought of being in a warm room for 30 minutes was too much of a draw! We were nice and warm.

Checking Lines posted times, we decided to SB SR. We waited less than 55 minutes, eating our packed lunch in line.

While in line for SR, I scored a TOT FPP for 1:20 PM at the 12:01 PM SDD! There were other FPPs but for after 6 pm. The ride, well, it was challenging and unclear if anything we did made a difference. We were the pilots and gunners in our pod. I think I need to ride it a few more times to get a hang of it. We exited the pod and then I realized I left my phone inside the pod. :tired_face: The exits to the pods all look the same when I tried to go back! It was after 1 PM when we talked to the CM at the ride’s entrance about my lost :iphone:. We learned that the SR has 28 pods! We narrowed down that we were on the left side of the ride but there are still 14 pods to that side! The CM called up to the ride operators but nobody had turned in a phone. The CMs have 20 seconds to clear the pods after each ride. And it is dark inside the pods. The CM told us to go to Guest Services to report the lost phone.

We trekked to Guest Services at the entrance. Fortunately, there was only one person in front of me. I filled out the form. They told me that lost items are held at the Park’s lost and found through closing. Unclaimed items after closing are sent to Guest Services at Disney Springs.

While I was filling out my lost item form at Guest Services, the family was standing in line for Chip & Dale. WDW wouldn’t be the same without these interactions! :pleading_face:

We hurried to TOT to use our FPP. At the 2:31 PM drop, while boarding the elevator to TOT, DS scored another FPP for TOT at 4:30 PM! That was the only Tier 1 FPP available. We tried to more the FPP earlier and/or change it to something else to no avail.

We did a 45 minute wait Single Rider for RNR. DON’T wait in the single rider line. Do SB. If there are two seats on the ride left, the CM will go all the way down the SB line looking for a party of 2 instead of taking 2 people from the SR line. The SR was long but we felt that the SB line inched alone while the SR kept on moving.

We checked Lines and did a 20 minute SB for TSM. We love that ride.
We returned to ToT to use our FPP.

It was 5 PM and this is when DH noticed that they were already calling BG 116. We were 119! We were looking forward to the prospect of riding ROTR! DH had also been tracking my phone. It hadn’t moved but at 5 PM, the phone hasn’t been sending out signal for an hour. It either ran out of battery, which was possible since it was inside a concrete box, or someone found it and turned it off. We debated killing the phone but we would lose all of our WDW pictures because I hadn’t back them up to our WD Cloud yet. We decided to wait and enjoy the moment.:grin:

Since dinner wasn’t until after 8 PM, we shared a churro and a cream cheese pretzel. Amusement park churros are the best, unless they are freshly made.

The cream cheese pretzel is AMAZING! Nobody else in my family got the push notification that our BG was called, even though we are all linked in MDE and they all have their own MDE accounts
(When I got my phone back later, I saw that the push notification came at 5:29.)

DH checked his MDE after we finished our snacks and saw they were calling through BG 120!

We hiked up to GE.

People were crowded around the entrance with hopes their BG would be called. The CM scanned our bands and we walked and walked and walked.

We had no idea how long we would need to wait in the queue and we were bookended by our 8:15 ADR. I counted it a blessing we already made it this far. I warned my family that it could go down while we are in line or we may have to bail to go to our ADR. Everyone was looking forward to a good dinner.

We kept on queuing and queuing and queuing. Finally, we made it to the transport and the door opened to the room with storm troopers. Very cool!

We were ushered to interrogation and started queuing again! We glanced apprehensively at the time and each other. It was around 6:30. Really, the wait for interrogation wasn’t that long but we weren’t sure if there would be another intermediate step before the actual ride. Our hearts were heavy that we would need to bail or the ride would go down.:grimacing:

They lined us up for interrogations and we finally loaded us on the ride! It was so exciting!!! With a civil and a mechanical engineer in the family and an aspiring aerospace engineer in the family, we were amazed with the technology and moving pieces, and totally can understand why the ride was going down so often. ROTR is a fabulous ride! :rofl::+1: No downtime helped us out. ROTR is a much better ride than SR, especially for a first timer.

From the first resistance in the queue to getting off the ride it was about 70 minutes. And GE is so cool looking at night. It was nearly 7 PM. We took the time to take some pictures.

We stopped by Guest Services at the park entrance. The line was long. DH stood in line inside the park and I stood in line at Guest Services outside the park. This line was long, too. DH got to a CM first. The CM took out the phone and it was powered off. He powered it on and had DH enter the password (Good thing he remembered my password!). Once the phone unlocked, DH signed the release and we thanked God for allowing the phone to be returned.

We got on all the rides, including both GE rides. We rode TOT 2x. RNR was nearly an hour wait! We got everything we wanted done except the night shows. We didn’t feel rushed. The two extra TOT FPP helped. We were content. It was supposed to be CL5 but turned out to be CL1. We did Olaf’s meet and greet, ate at Woody’s for breakfast, had drinks and carrot cookie at Trolley Cafe, and had churros and pretzel. We had bathroom breaks and crisscrossed the park more than I would have liked (Good thing HS is small compared to the other parks.). And I had to deal with the phone I left on SR! But we got so much done between 8:45 AM and 7:30 PM.

We had to leave for our Storybook Dining ADR at 8:15 PM. We had 45 minutes to get to Wilderness Lodge. Should we take the bus or Lyft? We decided to wait 15 minutes for the bus. If it didn’t come during that time, we would hail Lyft. A WL bus arrived within 5 minutes and we were dropped off just about 8 PM. We were seated within 10 minutes of our ADR time. The restaurant was emptying out.

We enjoyed how we felt like we were eating in the middle of a forest and loved the themed tiered rack in the middle of our table and the signed paper apple napkin holder.

We had all already decided ahead of time that we would have prime rib. Price included what we wanted to drink, milk for the kids and tea for the parents. We were happy.

Then, they bought out the appetizers: Mushroom Bisque, Shrimp Cocktail, and Hunter’s Terrine (chicken sausage, black sausage, fruit preserve, and house-made pickles). They were all yummy, especially the bisque.

And we loved how the bisque was served in mini cauldrons!

The entrée was very generously sized. You can see the milk in the background.

We gave DS what appeared to be the largest piece of meat and he ate the whole piece for dinner! The rest of us ate about half of it. The popover was just bread. DD and I didn’t care for the mashed potato because it was flavored with horseradish. We left the uneaten mashed potato but packed the leftover meat and popover to go.

We were all comfortably full already. Then, came dessert: Miner’s Treasures (sponge cake, chocolate gems, berry panna cotta), ‘Poison’ Apple (Dark Chocolate-Apple Mousse, and Sour Cream), Fairy Tale Gooseberry Pie (Meringue Goosebery), and The Hunter’s Gift to the Queen (Crackled Maple Popcorn, Ganache Heart)! We tucked it all in, except for all of the maple popcorn. We took the Ganache Hearts to go. We were really stuffed at this point. Our favorite dessert was the ‘Poison’ Apple. (Yes, Snow White the Bear joined us for dinner.)

Oh, we haven’t talked about the character interactions. The restaurant was emptying out. The characters stopped at tables with young children twice. We loved Dopey!

I wish they have PhotoPass photographers at these character meals. Only the Queen had a PhotoPass photographer.

I really wish they would have all 7 Dwarfs available for pictures together before they seat you. I remember every family would get their picture taken with Goofy, at Goofy’s Kitchen in DLR, at the front of the restaurant before they seated us. During the meal, they would bring us printed pictures to buy. Most people bought them. Wouldn’t that be a cool experience?

This was an excellent meal and character experience. It was worth the money and we would visit again. It was hard to get a reservation during “normal” dinner hours. But we scored a three of them on different days for after 8 PM and one at 4:30 PM.

5 Likes

Great day!!! HS and Storybook Dining at AP!!!
I love your photos, @stlouie.

I’m so glad you made it into ROTR and the photo from that is great. And here you were already feeling poorly, too.

I’m surprised at how much you remember about your trip. It takes my daughters and I, collectively, put together some of our days. Even with pictures! Did you take notes?

Funny thing about the desserts. I ate my purple thing first because I was sure it would be the worst. I mean — it’s purple! Turns out that was my favorite. And DD15 too. I actually liked the gooseberry pie the least.

2 Likes

I’m very detailed oriented but those senior moments are catching up with me. Many days, I feel like I have the memory of a sieve! Like most Liners, I have lots of notes heading to WDW already. A combination of hand edits to the notes, picture time stamps, detailed live postings, history on Lyft app, and my kids’ steel trap memories allow me to summarize our days in detail for when we ever go back or if people ask us for help. Plus, my family enjoys the summaries.

Storybook Dining was fabulous in terms of food and characters. We love desserts, especially chocolate ones!:yum:

It makes me sad to read these WDW trip reports because it may not be the same for a very long time. :cry: We need WDW to survive COVID-19! Shortly after we returned from this trip, I roughly planned for Flower and Garden Festival since everything was fresh in my mind. That spreadsheet may eventually end up in my recycle bin.

DLR postponed opening. I don’t know if we will get the opportunity to go to DLR before DS graduates in 2 years. The joke in our house is that we will celebrate DD’s 2020 college graduation alongside DS’s 2022 college graduation!

4 Likes