In lieu of GG, what is your favorite restaurant currently serving breakfast?

Since we were traveling with little ones, we took a mid day break. If the parks had “normal” hours, I would leave and do a late breakfast at The Wave or GFC, or at Trattoria. But the hours are so short that we will be there from open to close at the parks. Early breakfasts would be great if there was an easy way to get from resort to resort.

1 Like

It was hard to get get, but i snagged Topolino,'s two weeks out. For us we just wanted it before our Epcot day. Breakfast, then a hop on the skyliner to Epcot for 11am opening. Would work the same for HS, but would need breakfast much earlier. (Secret hint for ADR’s…try for the number in your party, then try for your number +1). For us, a party of two, I got a reservation for 3, checked in for two, and received a table for two.

3 Likes

When did they re-add characters to Chef Mickey’s? The last report I saw was “characters are not available at this experience”.

Topolino’s Terrace is the only breakfast I’m aware of with a modified character experience.

It’s been over this last week or so. They also added characters back to Hollywood & Vine as well… (again not table side)

Interesting.

H&V was just reopened and announced that it would be the modified character experience. I am shocked that this is the first I have seen Chef Mickey has added them in - I’ve seen no announcement from Disney (and you would think that they would be shouting it) or anyone on other forums who are there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/chef-mickeys/

It says character dining is currently not available .

1 Like

That is what I thought.

Really?? I’m not doubting it. But I swear I’ve seen pics on Twitter of Goofy being there. I can scroll through my feed, but if I’m wrong I apologize.

It would be awesome if they have made it a modified character experience. Of course if they do I forsee them raising the price from the current $25 adult/$14 children.

I’ve been scouring my feed, but it’s inundated with sooo many political / post debate tweets today.

1 Like

Abort! Abort! Just hang out here where it’s safe. :grinning:

8 Likes

I do not think there are any characters at Chef Mickey’s :sob:

Yeah… I guess I must have either mixed up my info, saw an old picture someone posted or just went a bit scatterbrained. My bad! Apologies y’all! :cry::white_flag: :grinning:

1 Like

Topolino’s character pics!
Mickey had the most personality and effort to still make the distancing fun.

PXL_20200926_130442432|375x500

7 Likes

How fun!!! Crossing fingers we can get it!!!

I’ve been tempted to try one of the “all you care to enjoy skillets” @ the Whispering Canyon Cafe. Getting there from another resort for an early PPO would require a vehicle or ride share but if it’s an MK day afterwards, hopping on the boat is an option afterwards

1 Like

We just booked breakfast there on our last day! SWA moved our flight up so we had to cancel other plans. This will be a good way to end it though and get a little resort tour, too! Will have a car and staying at VGF so easy to get there :slight_smile:

If you’re getting one of these for supper, can you ask for a to go box?

I’m not sure but it never hurts to ask.

1 Like

All they can do is tell you no.

Is not like they can take away your birthday . . .