In lieu of GG, what is your favorite restaurant currently serving breakfast?

Booking ADRs in the morning! GG is always our favorite breakfast but alas they don’t appear to be opening for breakfast for our travel dates. What would you recommend as your back-up best table service breakfast in the World? Doesn’t have to be Epcot.

I’m a character breakfast fan! (usually CRT, but it’s not available)

They are serving it “family style”, instead of buffet, but will bring you as much of whatever you want. Is it a posh place to dine… nope! But you can fill up on carbs / eggs / meats and such to keep you full for a good part of the day! Plus you can walk over to MK afterwards.

2 Likes

Am considering this, the family style change is appealing, that is one thing we love about GG!

1 Like

We loved breakfast at The Wave. I would like to do breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Our problem with getting to resorts for breakfast would be the transportation options for getting there if using Disney transportation.

2 Likes

We lucked out big time and are staying at GF. Original booking pre-covid was Beach Club, Disney bumped us to Poly, then when that closed they bumped to Grand. We are crazy excited! GFC is definitely on the list!

2 Likes

It’s what I like about CRT too. It isn’t advertised anymore, but breakfast there is still “all-you-care-to-eat”. (since it’s a prix fixe menu the kitchen is just mass producing the same dishes ASAP all morning)

You just have to know to ask for it - the servers will bring it. (You can even sample multiple entrees!)

This is actually why I haven’t eaten at more resorts even though I really want to. I’m such an “all day Disney” person that I don’t want to be out of the parks unless I have to. Whenever things get back to 100% normal, I’ve got a 2 week “bucket list” trip planned that has multiple days of visiting just the resorts and finally seeing the all!

3 Likes

Ive dined in the Castle several times but my family has not… considering doing this even without Princesses…

1 Like

They are bringing them back slowly… they come out and wave for now. (no table side meetings)

1 Like

Ok you’re selling me on CRT!!

Sorry… they are only open for lunch & dinner atm… :cry::mask:

dang it I was just about the check that lol. BTW do you happen to know if the Minnie Holiday Dine will change the menu for Christmas?

We love GG breakfast, and it was the meal I think we missed the most when we were there in late July. We did enjoy the Wave (plus you can walk over to MK afterwards) so that is one I would choose. I also hear good things about Topolino’s, but haven’t been there yet. This next trip (in 2 weeks) we are eating at Trattoria on the Boardwalk early in order to walk to HS before the masses.

2 Likes

I am considering Trattoria but we did that on our last trip so tempted to try something new. We have not tried the Wave so we may have to check that out!!

1 Like

We had a bounce back offer at POFQ. We have been moved, price protected to Gran Destino Tower. I would love to be at The Contemporary.

1 Like

That’s great! I’ve wanted to stay there, too!

1 Like

I think that it will probably be the same menu, just the characters in Christmas attire.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!

The Wave is my favorite.

2 Likes

We just at at Topolino’s on Saturday for the character breakfast, i was pleasantly surprised how good and flavorful the breakfast was. I did not leave hungry at all.

It is pricey at $42 for adults, but the food was good and the characters are in their very unique artsy costumes. We’d definitely do it again, but probably not every trip.

As a bonus, that view from the terrance in the morning sunlight is gorgeous. I thought the gift shop had Riviera unique items/ears as well.

2 Likes

I am trying for Topolinos first tomorrow morning! Out of curiosity, which day of your visit were you able to secure adr? I have it on day 4 and hoping getting adr will be ok…