In current period of no FP, is WDW worth it?

But then that’s not really a negative.

It’s like rain.
If I have to endure a 5-minute shower every day for a week it has no real effect on my trip.
But if I have to endure a single day when it pours for hours that throws a wrench in my plans and effects my trip.

Same thing with wait times, how you perceive them is reality.

7 Likes

Well…not really. :slight_smile: Otherwise we have contradictory realities at play because everyone’s perception is different.

That is exactly how I felt with Maxpass at DL. Yes it is virtual, but you cannot plan around what the availability may be at the next time you are allowed to book a pass. And since you at times could only hold 1, you’d sometimes have to take a later window to get one for a ride that was a must do which would further delay your ability to get additional fp. I hated it and felt like I was chasing the fp around the park all day to be able to take advantage of it.

2 Likes

Um didn’t 2020 make that abundantly clear that IS how it is?

4 Likes

That depends on how you look at it.

:laughing:

So what you’re saying is I’m right? Lol

1 Like

The fact is, perception is reality

We hear this all the time with customer relations. Sure that’s not what you said, and it’s definitely not what you meant. But it’s what the customer perceived and that’s what we have to work with.

3 Likes

This is my life as a software engineer when it comes to fixing bugs. We get bug reports which state one thing, but when we finally dig into it and spend days/weeks/months tracking it down, it turns out what they said was entirely wrong! :slight_smile: We end up having to play a psych experiment trying to figure out how what they SAID happened lines up with what ACTUALLY happened!

1 Like

Perception is reality because that’s the actual critical factor.
Counting minutes isn’t important.
Counting happy customers is.

5 Likes

You forgot dollars. Disney is all about the dollars.

2 Likes

I think @GreyingMouser is drawing the distinction between what should be (focus on guest) and what is (focus on dollars) . I don’t think any of us has forgotten or not noticed where the priority is right now. And what a shift that feels like. I suppose that the bottom line was always a consideration, and perhaps (likely) the overall goal. But there was a time - not even so long ago - when we as guests didn’t feel and know that quite so clearly. Once upon a time we felt like we were the focus.

7 Likes

Yes. And it’d be nice if Disney bears in mind that happy customers = dollars.
The argument could be made that recently Disney has convinced themselves that dollars will roll in no matter what people experience on property.

3 Likes

And so we come full circle, pointing at the ridiculous pricing for Boo Bash and the impossibility of getting tickets secured.

And can we really say they are wrong???

WE are a big part of the problem.

4 Likes

Walt was an artist and saw things thru the lens of storytelling.
But he wasn’t allergic to making money.

2 Likes

I actually loved running to get the FPs.

2 Likes

When we made our first trip to Disneyland it was just before (like by days) they implemented MaxPass so 100% paper passes were still in play. I can’t begin to share how wonderful it was to have a teenager old enough to do all the running for us! :stuck_out_tongue:

Our second visit (during Christmas week) leveraged MaxPass and it was SO much easier.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is changed, but I believe the mission statement of the Disney Corp is “To make people happy.”

And I do think they used to hold that as the #1 priority, presuming that would influence the bottom line.

But yep. This. But I think what they’ve found is they haven’t reached a limit on what people will pay for “happiness” yet. If the dollars are coming in, people must be happy. So keep pushing to get as many dollars as possible.

4 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Yes, and I don’t think they necessarily care so much for the repeat customers as they do for getting people to come in for their “once in a lifetime trips” and spend five digits.

Then there is the repeat customers who go often enough they don’t care if they miss things this time, because they can pick them up on the next trip through. They are generally satisfied with any amount of Disney.

Then there are the rest of us. The ones only go every two or three years and try to maximize the ROI. I think this is the group most likely to be squeezed out.

10 Likes

Damn that’s me :confused:

3 Likes