Impressive

Yeah. I agree. Wasn’t sure why that was mentioned as well.

1 Like

I suppose it is possible they got in line just before closing and there was an hour wait. That would give an extra hour.

1 Like

But there was EMH from midnight to 2am. There’s no way there would be an hour’s wait at 1:55am during EMH, surely?

1 Like

You don’t have be logged into Twitter to see open accounts.

I’m not logged into mine in my browser and can see their whole feed.

LOL! I can’t fathom how to see the consecutive posts of each ride. Just see the comments on it, not the actual challenge thing itself.

I dunno, I just question how they did it when the parks weren’t open for as long as they claim. And which rides and attractions did they actually do, there are more than 46 even without any M&Gs. So they missed some out, presumably the shows. Except that things like Muppets and MILF are kinda shows but kinda not. And which movies in WS were included etc.

But I don’t care enough to faff with Twitter trying to work it out either.

1 Like

I think this is great! Glad they had fun. As for the 18hrs, usually you get in a little before park opening right and if they stayed a little after 2am EMH, seems to me they would be close to 18hrs. You wouldn’t want an article that said they spent 17.75 hrs right? Anyway so cool, of them and have fun figuring it all out because that is what we do, right evaluate and research everything WDW? So they had fun and now we can have fun reviewing, if we want. I personally think 17+ hrs in Disney in a row is worthy of acknowledgment, LOL

3 Likes

Thousands of people do that every day (well every day it’s open 17+ hours) so not that worthy in itself…

1 Like

yes, I was being a little silly… I just struggle planning one day and one or two parks that day. I admire the people that try 4 parks a day, let alone “every” ride.

2 Likes

Much as I love planning, attempting every ride doesn’t seem like fun at all to me. Lots of liners do it though (I should say try to do it!) when the refurb schedule and park hours align, and it’s fun to follow - I rely on updates on chat as I don’t have Twitter, and being in the UK I am in bed long before I know how close they got.

3 Likes

After looking at all their Twitter photos, it appears they did all the ‘rides’ so no shows and no m&g.

1 Like

I followed them that day and it was pretty incredible. @ToddlerOfTerror does a lot around this to raise money for Give Kids The World charity (and him and his family look like they have a ball!). The rules are on their website and they put a TON of research into it. They were the only ones who have done it without the FastPasses, but each run, whether successful or not is a ton of fun to follow!

6 Likes

Here’s their ride order from their Twitter Feed along with some random times of when the tweet was posted with the pic:

1. Main Street Transportation - 8AM
  2. Jungle Cruise
  3. Carpets
  4. Slinky - 8:55
  5. Toy Story
  6. Star Tours
  7. RnR (single Rider)
  8. Tower of Terror
  9. Alien Swirling Saucers (HS complete - 11:39AM)
  10. Tom Sawyer (12:11)
  11. Liberty Belle
  12. Carousel of Progress
  13. Test Track (Single Rider - 1:57PM)
  14. Mission Space Green
  15. Grand Fiesta
  16. Frozen
  17. Figment
  18. Spaceship Earth
  19. Nemo
  20. Living with the Land
  21. Soarin’ (5:06 PM)
  22. Primeval Whirl (5:56)
  23. Dinosaur
  24. Triceratops Spin
  25. Everest (Single)
  26. Kali River Rapids (7:45)
  27. Safari
  28. Navi (8:49)
  29. Flight of Passage (AK done - 9:41)
  30. People Mover (10:39)
  31. Little Mermaid
  32. Carousel
  33. Haunted Mansion
  34. Splash Mountain (11:40)
  35. Pirates of the Caribbean
  36. Tea Cups
  37. Dumbo
  38. Barnstormer
  39. Pooh
  40. Buzz
  41. Big Thunder Mountain
  42. Small World
  43. Peter Pan (1:27 AM)
  44. Space Mountain
  45. Astro Orbiters (1:52 AM)
  46. 7DMT (2:06 AM)

Did they mention how they got from HS AS2 to MK, through security and over to TS in less than a half hour?

3 Likes

I thought that but they probably just posted the photo when they arrived at MK.

2 Likes

Nope - no travel details - have no idea if they drove themselves, bused or used Minnie Vans etc. The twitter feed was effectively a series of pics of themselves on various rides with a couple that were videos to prove motion (Main Street transport & Carousel).

If you roll with no bags, security can be pretty quick…

1 Like

They didn’t say, but I’m assuming Uber/Minnie Van and no bag check.

2 Likes

The official challenge is rides only. If it moves you have to do it. So things like Liberty Bell, Tom Sawyer Rafts, and Main Street Vehicles are included. Muppets would not be included - doesn’t move.

I’ve been researching because a friend and I are planning to try it in July. Parkeology recently sort of a re-dubbed a version of every ride that is open. Essentially if it is under refurb you don’t have to do it, but if it is just unfortunately down for the day, you’re screwed.

3 Likes

In case you were still wondering how they got to 18 hours: MK was open at 8am and they went there first to knock out the Main Street Vehicles (and a couple of other things) before high-tailing it to AK in time to make it to HS RD for SDD.

I noticed that, but in reality, how much would someone have to push and shove past other people to get near the front of the pack at HS if they did that. Guess I’m not a big enough jerk to do that.

2 Likes

We are huge fans of the Parkeology challenge in our family even though most of the runs are at WDW where we are less familiar. We have been following since “Parknado” when a (then) record setting teams (something like 13-14) set out to accomplish the run on Dec 6, 2017, including Kenny the Pirate, at least one Liner (that I know of) and Epic_Disney (one of them were part of this run). My son watches Epic_Disney’s video of that ride day frequently on YouTube and he loves hearing about any attempts they do as on that day they fell short just one ride and got to the queue just 5 min late.

From following the challenge since then, I know these 2 are both seasoned challengers (one of them being the co-creator of the original Parkeology challenge) so I don’t doubt they’ve put in a lot of research & on-the-ground experience on the most efficient park hops. And Shane mentioned on his Twitter from that day that they had “benchmarks” where they knew they had to be in order to end successfully.

5 Likes