I'm really really REALLY sad

I’m assuming that a new parade will come with the 50th celebration

1 Like

Yes. I’m sad about all of the parades that are gone. They were super fun. I especially loved the ones at HS and AK. Granted, AK was insane when the parade went through because the walkways were completely impassable, but they had so much good energy! It used to be that we made our plans specifically around parades and fireworks.

I am going to MSEP next week at DLR. I am excited to see it for the first time.

2 Likes

I saw Illuminations in 1988 and was so amazed by it. It was better than the current version, IMO. I’m still going to miss this one, though.

2 Likes

illuminations is my all time favorite. would I fly down to see it one last time? probably not. could I understand if someone did? absolutely

4 Likes

I saw it first when I ran the marathon in 2000, I was single, hadn’t been to WDW in many years and was blown away. This summer, my 3 kids and I watched our last show (and bought some merch). I’m a divorced/single mom of 3 wonderful boys and we’ve loved watching this together, as being able to take them to WDW was a serious bucket-list goal after getting rid of the X. It was profoundly sad for me to watch the last show. I had the CD in my car for years, just recently totaled the old baby-hauler (wreck wasn’t that bad, it was old), but begged my friend to the auto shop to get that CD out of the car for me (and he did)! It will always be dear to my heart.

1 Like