I'm no Hank Lonely but...my Galactic Starcruiser trip report

Woo! We’re looking at March 30-April 1, then a podcast on April Fool’s Day to recap everything.

We’ll have a sign-up sheet sometime this week for folks who’re interested.

10 Likes

Thank you for posting your report. To be honest, I just glanced through it because I am trying to avoid spoilers. The photos you took look fantastic. We’ve got a flight on the Halcyon booked in November.

We’re currently working on coming up with our back stories. It will be nowhere near as good as @len’s, but it’s fun, nonetheless. I did have a couple of questions, the answers to which may inform our stories, and I was hoping you might be able to answer them, if you happen to recall (without going into too much detail).

• From what planet does the Halcyon depart?
  • I know that we make a stop on Batuu, but is the stop is planned or unplanned–in story, that is?

So, I feel silly for not knowing the answer to the first question - I know that from what we were told, it was built on Coreliia and it’s maiden voyage was to Batuu, which is the significance of the journey you go on now. The trip to Batuu is planned.
But you are taking a shuttle from earth to the ship so I don’t know if there is really more to the story as to where it is usually “docked” when not picking up passengers and going to other planets.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your answers. This is very helpful.

I finally got around to reading thru this while on holiday. Thanks for the detailed report!

My task when we get home is to finalise our costumes- DS18 is a level 10+ fan & wants to be a long lost Jedi descendent. Ds15 is a level 8-9 but more reluctant to dress up. I’m probably at the level 8-9 too after going w my brother as a kid then watching & rewatching all of the movies & series as the boys grew up. (DH is around a level 5 & says he wants to dress up as leia in a bikini :woman_facepalming:t3:)

Plan is both DS’s will be orphaned kids who apparently have Jedi traits. So DH & I will be their foster parents I guess. I’m aiming at maybe also having been involved in the Hank Lonely film franchise in my past in some way.

Also pretty reluctant to be dressed up & larping but if you’re going to fork out to do this you have to go all in I guess.

1 Like

When is your voyage? I think you will enjoy it!

1 Like

We go 28th august- I’m sure it will be great- boys have been SW fans since they were tiny so we felt it had to be done- this trip has been rebooked 5x since 2020 & now will be our last family holiday before ds18 heads away to medical school. He is so excited - we only told them on his 18th birthday- & I’m sure ds15 will stop being too cool to join in once we’re at WDW!

We also booked with TP - Nicole has been helping us. Couldn’t find any other way to book from U.K. when it was released & she happily spent 2 days on the phone, sending me updates of her progress, to book it for us

3 Likes