I'm no Hank Lonely but...my Galactic Starcruiser trip report

That’s so awesome to hear! I think it is fun, even if it isn’t in the context of the Halcyon!

2 Likes

Honestly, I think you will have a blast. I think they were really smart to have the character interactions but also so much tied to the datapad - that made me get way more into it than if it had been all character interactions.

2 Likes

I think all of the above. I did enjoy the excursion. We have been to SWGE countless times and early on, we used the Play app but then we stopped so it was fun to use it again and do all of the tasks. The great part is, you don’t have to do them if you don’t want to. I do believe it would impact your story so if you want to get the most out of it, you should do it. I think they have it to advance the story, for sure - there is so much that happens on Batuu that ties into the build up to the finale. But I also think it is a way to occupy your time, do doubt.
There was a family we talked to who had never been to SWGE so for them, this was a really cool “extra” so they experienced the land in the context of the story. I’m sure for them, it was even better than for people who have “been there, done that”

1 Like

It was soo good! It’s called Chandrilian Air Cake - Chocolate, cream of Jogan Fruit, and Terateak Fruit Jelly. I didn’t like the fruit/jelly (that is the red round thing in the picture) but the chocolate cake was so good, light and airy but with what tasted like some caramel in the inside filing. Even DH ate it :wink:

2 Likes

She was wonderful, especially for this being a brand new experience. She was so patient with all of my questions and trying to find answers! I will definitely use her again if we decide to book another for next year. I hope you do a trip report because I would love to hear your experience and see if they have made any changes.

1 Like

Here is the Spoiler version of my trip. Only made it through Day 1 so far but will try to work on the rest over the next couple of days!

5 Likes

Did you switch hotels at the end of your trip and does this hotel participate in luggage transfer? I would so given the price and that all the other hotels do but…We have just booked a follow up couple of nights at Boardwalk so we could move them ourselves because our park that day is Epcot but it’d be nice if they’d just do it for us ya know. LOL

I believe that they do. Because we only had a few carry on bags, we just got a lyft and moved to our next hotel (SSR). I will say that the whole thing was so exhausting that I scrapped my park day and just chilled. DH went into HS for a few hours but it was a very low-key day for us to recover.

I plan to let us sleep in till check out time and all I really care about it is GotG, lunch with the Garden Rocks package for Plain White T’s at Biergarten and then Spice Road Table Harmonious dinner so we can go back to our room if it’s ready after lunch and come back for the nighttime shows. DH hasn’t ridden Remy so I’ll buy ILLs for both and otherwise I can rest. I am hoping we can handle two rides, two meals and two shows. The next day I actually booked our room for another night cuz our flight isn’t till after 8pm so we can just hang out in the room, and I got one of the cute garden suites for DH and me (the teen boys have their own room for the 1st night and then at checkout can come crash in our living area and invade that private pool right there). So, we can relax that day. They’ve got to hold out one more day cuz I didn’t want to risk not getting an ILL for GotG before we had to leave for our flight on the last day. But if we don’t get one the first day, I will add a 2nd day to our ticket if there are still Park Rezzies. Right now, it’s predicted a 3 for crowd level for Epcot so fingers crossed it stays that way and I can get it and they can go another day for a few more relaxing experiences. We will not be standing in lines over 30 minutes for sure!!!

*Edit when I say I plan to let us sleep in, I mean everyone but me because Disney’s system absolutely sucks for buying ILL’s at 7am! And I can never go back to sleep cuz of the anxiety inducing hormones I have going thru that whole experience.

Double Edit: Also, in case you’re worried both are high school graduate teens and one is officially 18 so can have their own room! LOL My DS doesn’t turn 18 till July cuz he is a summer baby but he does home school and he just finished with all A’s for his last semester yesterday. This is his graduation present. I am so frakking excited! More that he’s done with high school than the trip LOL

4 Likes

Also, thank you so much for all the hard work and time into your detailed trip report. I’m gonna eat that up. I want to know all the stuff. I just created DS his own Disney account so he and his friend can choose their own path, but I want to get the full experience, so I really appreciate it!

3 Likes

Thanks, I think that is what I was thinking but wanted to double check. I think it would be awesome to gonto Batuu for the first time as part of this experience!

Great report! And thanks for the kind words about the agency.

8 Likes

After all the help you’ve been, returning the favor with a trip report is the least I can do!

4 Likes

AMAZING REPORT! We board the Halcyon in August and this got me so hyped!!! It was so informative and helpful without giving anything major away. A triumph! I’m SUPER tempted to read your spoiler write up but I’m trying to hold off as long as I can. but…so…tempted…

7 Likes

I listened to the podcast and add me to the Hank Lonely fan club. The should advertise at the different cons - I saw Gencon attendees dressed as every imaginary creature. They would commit to a storyline.

1 Like

This was a great report! I really want to book this but my DH would not be into any of it! Maybe I’ll go solo with the Disney Dish so I will have “friends” to hang out with. Going to try and stop myself from reading your spoiler report :wink:

2 Likes

You absolutely should!!

2 Likes

That’s exactly what DH and I want to do! The TP/DD group will be “friends “ we haven’t met yet. Now we just need @len to announce the dates! :grin:

3 Likes

Woo! We’re looking at March 30-April 1, then a podcast on April Fool’s Day to recap everything.

We’ll have a sign-up sheet sometime this week for folks who’re interested.

10 Likes

Thank you for posting your report. To be honest, I just glanced through it because I am trying to avoid spoilers. The photos you took look fantastic. We’ve got a flight on the Halcyon booked in November.

We’re currently working on coming up with our back stories. It will be nowhere near as good as @len’s, but it’s fun, nonetheless. I did have a couple of questions, the answers to which may inform our stories, and I was hoping you might be able to answer them, if you happen to recall (without going into too much detail).

• From what planet does the Halcyon depart?
  • I know that we make a stop on Batuu, but is the stop is planned or unplanned–in story, that is?