I'm needy

I booked a Star Wars dessert party for our upcoming trip. I’m going to attempt to let it be a surprise but I need people to be excited with! I’ve always wanted to do a dessert party and this is my first. Others in my group are huge Star Wars fans.

8 Likes

Hope it great!!

1 Like

We loved it last year!!

1 Like

Squealing and jumping up and down like a little kid right along with you!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

1 Like

Oh! What a great plan! It is such a fun event!

1 Like

Excited for you and your family. They will be so thrilled when you finally reveal the surprise!

1 Like

Thanks guys! Anyone here attend this before?

1 Like

We were there a year ago this week :smiley:

1 Like

I won’t spoil it then, but I will let you know out of all the dessert parties at Disney, this one is my favorite.

15 mins on the dot CMs will collect everyone to walk to the viewing area. If you got yourself up 2 mins before that, you’d be at the front :wink:

1 Like

Doh! I now see that up above.

1 Like

Excellent tip, thanks!

So I’m going to contradict @snow56border a bit here…we did not like being up front. It was too close in my opinion. I would try to get at the back of the viewing area.

1 Like

So exciting! I am doing cartwheels. LOL
No really you will love it.
Plan lots of time around it, so it is a relaxed break. I also would try and meet the characters before this. My son did not and spent most of the party meeting the characters.

1 Like

The only solution is attending twice now.

:smiley:

5 Likes

I like the way you think!!!

1 Like

Yep that’s the only right choice. But I will say we loved being up front for the show. We right in the middle up front. Next time though we’re seeing it further back. Also we didn’t do the dessert party but we did the SW VIP tour which also lets you get in the same private viewing area as the dessert party. But since we weren’t doing the dessert party our tour group got in before the party. But it’s a big area and the VIP tour I think maxes out at 50 people or so. But don’t be surprised if there are people there already.

2 Likes

Good to know, I would have been thinking what the heck are these people doing here.

We’ll be back in HS the following night, so my plan is to meet chewy if the line gets super short, otherwise wait. This will be dinner too and I plan to show up a few minutes early.

1 Like

We had a few confused looks.

1 Like

Good luck keeping it a surprise! I’m terrible with surprises and tend to plan them, get all excited about them, and then be unable to keep the secret. (total sidebar story - on my honeymoon we went on a tour and my husband found an art print that he really loved, but talked himself out of buying. When we went back to the hotel I realized that that art shop had a pop-up in our hotel twice a week. I snuck away, talked to the vendor, arranged to have them bring the print on their next visit to the resort, snuck away again to pick it up and hide it in our suitcase, planning to surprise my husband with it for his birthday a month later. Then I was so proud of how sneaky and thoughtful I’d been I told him about it that night over dinner.)

5 Likes