I'm irritated with the park reservations, how much of an inconvenience will this be?

So we leave in 2 weeks and I had booked park reservations right when we booked our trip, but now plans have evolved a little, but I’m locked into these stupid park reservations. I’m hoping this won’t be too much of a pain… tell me it won’t be awful.

We have a split stay 4 days at the Poly, 4 days at BWI. It’s just the last 2 days that are giving me trouble.
Thursday 5/5: I have a park reservation for Epcot, but we have an ADR for homecomin’ in DS and LEGO mini-figure building during the day, and I was able to pick up a 7pm Oga’s reservation and DS really wants to go. HS APR’s are sold out, so we will have to go DS in the am, tap into Epcot at some point and then go to HS. I have never visited the BWI, how much of an inconvenience will this be? I know the skyliner goes from HS to Epcot, would we be able to go to Epcot, scan in and then jump on the skyliner to HS? What is the best way to do this? I have no concept of the distance between the parks, or the best ways to go between them.

The final day 5/6 isn’t as bad, I have an APR for HS, Epcot APR’s are now sold out and we would rather go to Epcot for the day. We have an ADR for Sci-Fi at 11:30. I was originally planning to cancel the Sci-Fi reservation and just do Epcot all day, but it looks like I’m stuck going to HS for lunch and waiting until 2 to hop to Epcot.

I know I should have changed the park reservations sooner, but there was full availability until a few days ago, and I thought I would be able to stay flexible.
I really dislike the APR system, it’s super annoying to have no flexibility with visiting parks in the mornings. I need you to tell me everything will still be great, and it’s not as inconvenient as I’m making it out in my head.

It’ll take 10 minutes to walk from BWI to the IG entrance to Epcot. If you were planning to take the Skyliner to DHS anyway then it really isn’t a big deal to tap in first.

The Skyliner station is just outside the entrance area, but if you’re going to DHS it could be quicker to just get a boat if one is there or just arriving (the IG is the end point of the boats in one direction).

You’d have to change Skyliner at the CBR station.

Walking is also an option between Epcot and DHS.

4 Likes

Yes. The Skyliner is right next to the IG entrance to EP

2 Likes

It’s 1.5 miles if you walk. Epcot IG is at the top, HS at the bottom.

This is the Skyliner route. As mentioned, you have to change Skyliner routes at CBR, which is a hub of all three routes. It’s a pleasant, quiet ride with fresh air, and gives your feet a rest - but closes if too windy or lightning within 6 miles.

2 Likes

My family is excited to try the skyliner, do you know how long this ride would take? We won’t be in much of a rush, but you know… planning.

1 Like

Thank you, this is so helpful!

1 Like

Perfect, I think we will do this, my family is so excited to try the Skyliner.

In the middle of the day, maybe allow 20-25 minutes total? It’s maybe about the same time as the boat - if the boat were already at the dock and loading. But far more pleasant.

4 Likes

All Ears did a YouTube video about a month ago called “Race to Hollywood Studios” where they timed walking, taking the Skyliner, and taking the Boat from the IG to HS at a couple of different times a day, both busy and less busy. It was pretty close between them (about 20 minutes IIRC) but the video gives you a good sense of the distances and is kind of fun, if you like to plan!

2 Likes

I feel your pain. We are going in a few weeks with 5 day passes. I booked our first 4 and figured we would decide which park we wanted to repeat while we were there . Their reservation calendar had repeatedly shown all green for availability every time I checked so I figured no worries waiting (TP predicted crowd levels 3-4). I check one more time just to make sure and see it is all yellow. Ugh, I have to pick a park and decide MK is the best bet for a repeat day. Of course only Epcot is available which I am pretty sure we won’t want to repeat. So I carefully examine the chart and a single day had MK available so I rearrange the whole week. Hopefully everyone is happy.
So annoying that you can’t be spontaneous. This is supposed to be vacation not school. And I feel bad for all the people who don’t have continuous vigilance planning and monitoring their vacation. We are going with my sister and she said her husband just wanted to show up at the gates without any reservations. Think how awful it would be to have spent so much money on a trip and then show up and not be able to use your tickets.

1 Like

Oooh! I’m going to watch this, thank you for the suggestion! I’ve never been to the IG area, and I’ve never been to the BWI or BC resorts area either, so it’s all new to me.

1 Like

Ugh I hate that this happens. This is why I always tell folks to make the reservations NOW so you have something because that availability can turn on a dime.

2 Likes