I'm going to Disneyland Paris! (now featuring Trip Report!)

6 Likes

Starbucks sign?

4 Likes

12 Likes

Whizzed through airline-style bag-check. Am now near front of line for early entry. Do you love me now, @Randall1028?

17 Likes

37 Likes

It is 12:30am here and I don’t want to go to sleep! I want to stay up and follow along in “real time,” but I don’t think I am going to make it. Have an amazing day @sanstitre_has_left_the_building! I will see you in a few hours.

6 Likes

First off, f*ck you coronavirus — you’re going to have to try harder if you want to stop me getting Disney action in 2020. I’m made of sterner stuff.

So far have done BTMR — it is better than the one at WDW. It starts with a thrilling, high speed, pitch black race under the river to the island. Where the theming is very detailed.

And Hyperspace Mountain — which is better than Space Mountain — very thrilling launch and smooth, with inversions and slightly lame screens with Star Wars action. Oh, I got front row. I was the only passenger.

Just tried a second go at BTMR but have been evacced out of the queue. Ride down.

26 Likes

Phantom Manor isn’t included in early access. It opens in 20 mins. Should I wait? Hmm.

Suitably scary CM keeping guard —

ETA I waited. Good call. They opened 15 mins early. Off I go.

28 Likes

They do, last January, my DDs and I stayed at Coronado Spr and our names were on the TV screen welcoming us when we walked in the room. It was so lovely. I’m sure I have a picture somewhere, but…

2 Likes

Interesting. The pictures don’t seem to be in French, so I can look at them! Relieved. :wink:

It is kind of cool seeing the similarities and the differences. It is a beautiful park so far.

5 Likes

Interesting, that was not the case for us at POFQ last August.

1 Like

I have taken about a billion photos. This place is so beautiful. So many details. I will try to post thematically.

First, iasw —

28 Likes

Love the pictures so far! All I can say is, castle colors😳. It’s all France’s fault!

Hope you continue to have a magical day!

5 Likes

Never seen my name on the screen, at least not prominently enough to A) remember or B) like they have there for Matt’s stay.

Well done. :slight_smile:

You ain’t wrong. But I think it’s more Shang Hai AND France’s fault on this one. They loved the “storybook castle” look so much they want to bring it to every Disney park. And now it’s pretty obvious they’re trying to “standardize” castle colors. Which makes toootal sense. Cause, y’know, Disney castles are just so generic that they need to be branded by colors :face_with_raised_eyebrow: #ChangeTheColorsBack

7 Likes

Wait. Was France the first? Or was DL in CA?

France. Which has had a pink castle since 1992. DL Didn’t get theirs until the 60th anniversary (2016)

3 Likes

All right, then. I’ll shift my misplaced anger to the French!

1 Like

7 Likes

small world looks soooo clean… weird observation, but it is.

5 Likes

Lunch at Captain Jack’s. POTC passes through the restaurant, to the right in the picture. Also note the nearest table — lady facing me is ten to twelve feet away.

15 Likes