I'm going to Disneyland Paris! (now featuring Trip Report!)

This is at the Disneyland railway station, @adusca:

And when you’re done working, right next to it is this:

10 Likes

(The previous post was a test.)

Random thought on the train home.

It’s controversial. Don’t read it if you’re easily offended. Or a bit snowflakey. Or woke. (Did I use that correctly?)

You have been warned!

I was standing in line for Pinocchio when something occurred to me. It seemed entirely possible that I was the fattest person in DLP that day. Certainly top 1%.

Pretty much everyone there was French, I reckon. I didn’t hear another English voice the whole time.

And they were almost all height / weight appropriate. There were hardly any people you could reasonably describe as fat.

I also realised I hadn’t seen a single ECV. And almost no strollers.

Warming to my theme I noticed that the food seemed to contain noticeably less sugar. My beloved Frappuccino? Not as yummy as the ones I crave at WDW. Sodas were less sweet, too.

And, of course, portion sizes were smaller.

Just some observations.

14 Likes

Probably the smoking. I think it’s an appetite suppressant.

Edit: more seriously, aside from what you mentioned already about sugar, don’t the French have a 30hr work week and lots of time off? Better work/ life balance probably allows better food choices and the time off may be spent being active instead of sitting at a desk.

2 Likes

I wonder if they’re happier, too. Over-eating is associated with unhappiness.

5 Likes

35hrs work week, plus a lot of vacation days.

Lunch time is a big deal, with people taking their time to eat and caring about ingredient quality. Portions are by default smaller - french cuisine is not light by any definition, but you eat less of it.

People walk a lot and stairs are everywhere.

2 Likes

nice choice in pin!

1 Like

I was at the Sacred Space (nomad lounge) not long ago, and there was a woman there with her laptop working. That’s when I decided I’m going to live in WDW. #goals

6 Likes

I can’t believe you’re seeing the grasslands of England already!! Thanks for taking us along on your trip. It was hard to keep up between the time difference, sleeping and working. Whenever I thought to comment I was so far behind it felt irrelevant. I’m glad you had a chance to get some Disney magic in a very beautiful park.

2 Likes

Have you ever been directed to exit behind Main Street? I have been leaving after fireworks where they routed me and a bunch of the crowd behind the shops along the Jungle Cruise down to Walt’s apartment, then exiting back onto the flag square by the Railroad Station. It was kind of fun, but the backstage area was not designed with that in mind.

2 Likes

^ Nice use of the blur function. :smiley:

3 Likes

MK has their Main Street by pass that goes from the Town Square up to the area between the Plaza Restaurant and the Tomorrow Land Terrance.

There were plans to create a second one on the other side of Main Street starting by the Crystal Palace running down to the City Hall area, but the plans probably were scrapped with the $900 Million in construction cutbacks.

1 Like

38 Likes

Back home!!! Trip report was great! Hope u enjoyed it much more than we did. Hi Calvin! Bet ur happy to have daddy back home! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Calvin! Good doggo!

4 Likes

Calvin is happy. Going away is all about the moment when you come home. Peace and happiness to you and Calvin.

3 Likes

I have seen them directing people that way, so I knew about it, but I have never gone that way. A) lately we have been staying at DLH and like to take the monorail back to the hotel or B) avoid the crowds by jumping on a ride or will grab dessert while the masses are exiting. We have serpentined our way through the main street shops to avoid parade crowds and something like they have at DLP would be great for that!

1 Like

That is one content pup! Give Calvin some snuggles from me.

1 Like

Oooooh! How awesome!!!

LOL!

Boooo! Shame on them!

1 Like

It really is!!! Yikes!!!