I'm going to Disney World in July! Woot!

It’s brilliant, you should be looking forward to it.

Even my Alton Towers planning turned out to be complicated.

You won’t be entirely shocked to discover that within a couple of hours of booking the trip I cancelled it. And rebooked.

I decided to take a risk. I’m now going within a couple of days of the reopening. I was really drawn to these sentences on their website: “We will open the theme park from 4th July with a very small number of guests. That number will gradually increase.”

I’ve grown increasingly bitter about the awesome time current visitors to UOR are having. I figured that if the Alton Towers people can get their sh*t together, I could have an equally awesome time there.

It’s a risk going so close to opening, but if it’s genuinely really quiet, it could be amazing.

There is one downer: the opening hours are terrible — 10am to 4pm. But that should be enough to do everything. And we have two full days.

But there is a compensatory upside. In rebooking I was able to book a much better room. I’m now in the slightly more upscale Alton Towers Hotel and in a premium themed room — one which features air-conditioning (the others don’t) and an Xbox 360. Oh — and my point is that this package was actually marginally cheaper than my original one, so I saved money!

3 Likes

That room looks fun. Your clickbaity title worked on me but I wish you an excellent time at the Disney World of the UK anyway.

1 Like

My husband is British and grew up close enough to Alton Towers that he talks about having gone on a regular basis - these pictures make it look much more impressive than I was imagining! Looks like we might have to work this into the agenda on the next trip to the in-laws…

1 Like

That room looks SO much fun! That death drop thing on the other hand looks horrifying. Go on the trip, enjoy yourself, post lots of pictures when you get back.

1 Like

I think it’s smart to go in the beginning… less chance of employees being infected, and smaller crowds.

1 Like

I’m hoping I’ve been a genius. I’m skipping the opening weekend, which might get a little crazy. And that gives the staff an opportunity to mess things up a bit and figure out better ways to do things.

1 Like

That’s exactly our plan for Cedar Point… give them long enough to work out major issues and also long enough to see if people hate it.

2 Likes