I'm going home! I have questions

Dumbo? Really? I can see your case for the others although I don’t necessarily agree. I think the castle is bigger in WDW but not necessarily better. I prefer our quaint little cottage of a castle, but know my opinion is the minority.

Astro Orbiter is probably better.
Peter Pan too.
Having trouble thinking of anything else…

2 Likes

Oh yes.

My thinking on dumbo is the extra tower (or whatever it’s called) and the AC playground :grin:

1 Like

Okay. I get it. I was thinking ambiance and I’m not too fond of the Storybook Circus theme. Also Barn Stormer is not a direct comparison to Goofy’s Sky School. (Not that you made that comparison but others have.) It’s a direct comparison to the Gadget Go Coaster and is sadly lacking in charm.

Geez, I’m such a critic! Listen, I like WDW, I just don’t particularly like MK. Except … Tron!!

3 Likes

I’m honestly not a fan of either one :rofl:

:rofl: it’s all just for fun! Any park is better than no park!

2 Likes

This is the list. Some other honorable mentions:

• Jungle Cruise at least is a little different, not sure I’d say better
  • Swiss Family Treehouse
  • Big Thunder also gets points for being different, just not better due to lack of enhanced effects.

At DCA, I give the edge to Tower of Terror but I LOVE GotG!

I should go back and look at the list I made to see if I still agree with myself. But I’m too lazy. :joy:

3 Likes

I like the GOTG version better.

I don’t know that’s I’ve ever noticed a difference :rofl:

Never climbed the WDW version

It’s a tie for me. They are just different, one isn’t better than the other :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

There’s like a tunnel in the WDW version. That’s about it. :joy:

2 Likes

I thought of Jungle Cruise right after I posted that! I am waiting to see the re-themed treehouse at DL before I commit (again) to Swiss Family in MK, but I agree it was better (i.e. more nostalgic) for me than Tarzan. Big Thunder in MK is fun, but I don’t think it’s better than DL’s version. And I would ride GOTG Mission Breakout every time over ToT!

2 Likes

Yes, a weird dark tunnel/temple with a tiger.

I give an edge to DL BTMR rather than a tie. But it’s a small edge.

2 Likes

Oh yeah! We don’t ride it often :rofl:

2 Likes

I was several visits in to WDW before I rode it!

2 Likes

Is there any savings in pre booking Uber or Lyft?

In what is not a surprise to anyone in my family I booked the dessert party for WOC :smiley:

Has anyone around here done it recently? I booked the second show, partly to have an even lower crowd and also to maybe get a night ride on IC before the show.

I read a pretty recent review online that stated they checked in for the second show an hour before the first show in order to get the best table assigned. I would really like to do this!

3 Likes

I know check-in is at the Grizzly River wheel (the area where the Embarcadero bathrooms are & the start of the Grizzly River Trail on that end) but I’m not sure how early it starts. I do know at some point they start checking in people for the first show give them their wristbands & let them select a table to sit at. And it seems like it’s early enough that the people who check-in right when it opens have time to check-in, go off & do something & then come back just over an hour before showtime to walk over with the group to be seated.

My guess is that if you see that check-in is open anytime after 6pm, even if it’s primarily for the first show check-ins, you could pop over and see when the second show can check-in. Your “one hour before the show” is really only 40-45 min since the first World of Color will end only 50 minutes before the second show starts, but having everyone wrist-banded & picking their table earlier means that all of that 40 minutes can be getting your two drinks & dessert plate.

The two times we’ve done the dessert party they didn’t have this early check-in and the first 15 minutes of that “hour before” was spent getting the people lined up to check-in setup with all that. So it’s super nice they do that now ahead of the hour before the show so you can just enjoy the drinks/desserts.

1 Like

Yeah the times we’ve done it in the past we did the first (or only) show. And check-in was by the seating area and you were just taken to your table at that point.

1 Like

Yep, same here. The last time we went was the first day World of Color was back in 2021 and you could tell it was the first night. We lined up 65 minutes in advance of the show and I don’t think we were at our table until 35 min before the show because it was a process and the CMs were all doing it for the first time in almost 2 years (and maybe even some for their first time ever).

1 Like

We were at the second night of the dessert parties existence and they were struggling with not knowing what to do. They did a great job though!

1 Like

I did the WOC dessert party in May 2022. And yes we checked in pretty early to get our pick of the tables. It was great to have a seat, but I don’t think the view is better than the free standby view on the bridge to Lamplight Lounge. It was really nice to have that seat though at the end of a long day.

2 Likes

Yes the seat is what we are paying for :rofl:

2 Likes

I thought it actually cost more to prebook!